PDA

View Full Version : Rear Seat Entertainment System

Erik
June 29th, 2003, 12:56
Found this information in a press release.

Also new for the 2004 model year is the Rear Seat Entertainment System available for the 8-cylinder versions of the A6 and S6. This option includes two 6.5-inch LCD monitors integrated into the front head restraints and a 6-disc DVD/CD changer in the luggage compartment.

Not sure if this would be available for the RS6s made as 2004, but why not?

scoop had a few pictures of this from the Geneva show and it looks quite nice:

RSE (http://rsmodels.net/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=65&)

Ra5a
June 30th, 2003, 01:35
on the german Audi configurator you can allready choose it as an option.

Rear Seat Entertainment "RSE"

Das Paket umfasst:
- 6-fach DVD-/CD-Wechsler im Kofferraum
- 6,5" LCD Bildschirme in den vorderen Kopfstützen integriert, für TV-/DVD-/AV-Betrieb während der Fahrt, im Stand auch auf dem vorderen Navigationsbildschirm, separate Quellenwahl an jedem Bildschirm z. B.: DVD, Navigation, AV-Eingang, inklusive Lautstärkeregler für jeden Kopfhörer
- RSE-Konsole im Fond, Bedienelemente für vollständige Bedienbarkeit der Navigation, mit separatem AV-Eingang für z. B. Videokamera, Spielkonsole etc.; Stereoton über Fahrzeugsoundsystem möglich, 2 Kopfhörerausgänge
- IR-Fernbedienung für DVD-/CD-Wechsler

Hinweis: nur in Verbindung mit TV-Empfang und dem Navigationssystem plus bestellbar

€ 11.900,00

the thing i don't understand is why they don't have it on the A8.
My dad is going to order an A8 soon (3.7 prob.) and i think he would like that in the car.

Klint
June 30th, 2003, 02:42
Originally posted by Ra5a
on the german Audi configurator you can allready choose it as an option.

Rear Seat Entertainment "RSE"
Das Paket umfasst:
- 6-fach DVD-/CD-Wechsler im Kofferraum
- 6,5" LCD Bildschirme in den vorderen Kopfstützen integriert, für TV-/DVD-/AV-Betrieb während der Fahrt, im Stand auch auf dem vorderen Navigationsbildschirm, separate Quellenwahl an jedem Bildschirm z. B.: DVD, Navigation, AV-Eingang, inklusive Lautstärkeregler für jeden Kopfhörer
- RSE-Konsole im Fond, Bedienelemente für vollständige Bedienbarkeit der Navigation, mit separatem AV-Eingang für z. B. Videokamera, Spielkonsole etc.; Stereoton über Fahrzeugsoundsystem möglich, 2 Kopfhörerausgänge
- IR-Fernbedienung für DVD-/CD-Wechsler

Hinweis: nur in Verbindung mit TV-Empfang und dem Navigationssystem plus bestellbar

€ 11.900,00

:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

An aftermarket one with better all round use etc would cost half that plus installation! I don't have a clue who's leg they are trying to pull. :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

WOW! That's astronomically priced!

Erik
July 1st, 2003, 09:17
That price is silly.

Any aftermarket supplier would be able to supply much better for much less. With a high grade of integration as well.

I have Pioneer DVD Navi in my car and I'm very satisfied.

Ra5a
July 1st, 2003, 19:42
How much did you pay for the complete setup and installation?

my dad will order an A8 soon (after the summer i guess) (and i'm thinking of a TT-C, A4-C or S3 (it will be a used car max. 1 years old (sttill looking for some good arguments on any car.))

and he wants such a system in the back.
Audi doesnt deliver the system on the a8 for now wich is silly and even if they did it will be too expensive if it goes for the same price.