PDA

View Full Version : Hi Guys

G KIM
February 9th, 2008, 09:40
nice to meet u guys here..
i have 2007 s6 black ..
and i am looking for rims to inch up to 20 !
which style will be nice on my car ..
thanks for replying .

FastLane
February 9th, 2008, 12:59
Neither in my opinion does Audi's discreet and classy design any justice. Please do not tarnish our favorite brand with this type of additions...

ZCD2.7T
February 9th, 2008, 13:39
Welcome! Sweet car you have - enjoy it.

The 5 twin-spoke is just OK, IMO. The rivets/bolts detract from the look.

NOT a fan of the other wheel at all.

courbcyr
February 9th, 2008, 14:10
Mr. G Kim - wrong wheels for this car. Would suggest different wheels for your car (See Audi) or different car for your wheels (Brabus, Cosworth etc...).

Tony Lam
February 9th, 2008, 14:27
well, how about this one?

BLITZEN
February 9th, 2008, 15:53
Welcome. Nice car. I love the sound of the V10.

I think any of these wheels would look great and the S6 could use some spiffying-up. The 8-spoke is my favorite. If you do size-up, would you sell me your 19's?

Tony Lam
February 9th, 2008, 16:32
what do u guys think? i mean the wheels?:addict:

The Pretender
February 9th, 2008, 16:36
Put on 20'' Audi S8 wheels or the new MTM 20" Forged Bimoto wheels.

Jarod.

DuckWingDuck
February 9th, 2008, 17:47
lol@fast lane. There are a number of rims that we've been discussing for the past several weeks that look hot. The 360 Degree carbon fiber one was real nice.

G KIM
February 9th, 2008, 17:59
hmmmm it seems like most people do not like the both style wheels ..
can u guys any recommend for the black 2007 S6 thanks ...!
p.s i need wheel which is lighter than stock rims and deep dish would be lovely ..thank u
p.s 1 i like the MTM but i heard that pretty heavy is it?

Audiphile
February 9th, 2008, 17:59
nice to meet u guys here..
i have 2007 s6 black ..
and i am looking for rims to inch up to 20 !
which style will be nice on my car ..
thanks for replying .

Hi G,

I speak of experience on this subject. Like you I own a 2007 S6 in silver. Like you after awhile I found the 19" Rims too small for my liking. I wanted to stay with an OEM Audi rim from the Audi Collection. Yes, they are more expensive, but they maintain that Audi look as everyone says above. At first, there were no 20" rims that Audi had that I thought would look decent. The A8 series rims for the W12 and S8s looked to hollow for the S6 and I felt they would be lost on the car.

However, I attended the LA Auto Show, and the S8 was sporting these new 20" rims that looked similar to the current 19" S6 rims but had more lip. I cannot tell you the part number, but you can find them on the S8 in the new current brochures and at audiusa.com under models (go to the S8). I'll try to get you the info. Anyway, you also must watch your offsets. Interestingly the 19" have higher offsets than the 20" rims from the S8 so the 20" rims fit nicely. Well, I put these rims on and they look amazing, like the way the S6 should have had in the first place. I recommend that you investigate this route first and see if you like it. I'll try to get you more info and post it. Plus, I know they will fit. I put on the following tires:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=480 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=searchheadnew>Sumitomo HTR Z II
for 2007 Audi S6 Sedan

</TD><TD class=searchhead2new></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=480 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>
Size: 275/30ZR20

They are max performance tires so I get excellent grip with a very smooth ride.

Anyway, the car looks great with this tire and wheel package and gets even more stares than before.

Good luck.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

G KIM
February 9th, 2008, 18:03
thanks ..i will think about that ..!

The Pretender
February 9th, 2008, 18:23
Hi G,

I speak of experience on this subject. Like you I own a 2007 S6 in silver. Like you after awhile I found the 19" Rims too small for my liking. I wanted to stay with an OEM Audi rim from the Audi Collection. Yes, they are more expensive, but they maintain that Audi look as everyone says above. At first, there were no 20" rims that Audi had that I thought would look decent. The A8 series rims for the W12 and S8s looked to hollow for the S6 and I felt they would be lost on the car.

However, I attended the LA Auto Show, and the S8 was sporting these new 20" rims that looked similar to the current 19" S6 rims but had more lip. I cannot tell you the part number, but you can find them on the S8 in the new current brochures and at audiusa.com under models (go to the S8). I'll try to get you the info. Anyway, you also must watch your offsets. Interestingly the 19" have higher offsets than the 20" rims from the S8 so the 20" rims fit nicely. Well, I put these rims on and they look amazing, like the way the S6 should have had in the first place. I recommend that you investigate this route first and see if you like it. I'll try to get you more info and post it. Plus, I know they will fit. I put on the following tires:

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="480"><tbody><tr><td class="searchheadnew">Sumitomo HTR Z II
for 2007 Audi S6 Sedan

</td><td class="searchhead2new"></td></tr></tbody></table><table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="480"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td>
Size: 275/30ZR20

They are max performance tires so I get excellent grip with a very smooth ride.

Anyway, the car looks great with this tire and wheel package and gets even more stares than before.

Good luck.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

Do you have any pics of it. ?

jarod.

Audiphile
February 9th, 2008, 18:24
thanks ..i will think about that ..!

Here is the information:

Part Number: 4E0601025BD 20" Rims

20" Rim:

Offset: 45 mm

Bolt Pattern: 5/112

Stock S6 19" Rims:

Offset" 52 mm

Bolt Pattern: 5/112

I tried to find a picture, but no luck so far. With the part number (if in the US) you can go to your Audi dealer and have them look it up. They might have them sitting on an S8. They come directly from Inglostadt so it may take a week or so to get unless they have them (which I doubt)