PDA

View Full Version : Nooo!!!

tvrfan
February 8th, 2008, 16:21
the Actual autobild write that a Q5-S is coming 2011 with 333PS and an V6 compressor. that means the RS4 becomes an compressor too =((. i hate audi now!!! for not using turbos further.

i dont know how reliable the autobild source is, but i think its true.

crespo
February 8th, 2008, 16:28
You could just have posted this in the Q5 thread, you know.

You complain too much. Like I have said before, have faith in Audi. sheesh.

Charles DLF
February 8th, 2008, 16:54
why would the Q5-S and the RS4 have the same engine???

AndyBG
February 8th, 2008, 17:09
why would the Q5-S and the RS4 have the same engine???

Good question...

tvrfan
February 9th, 2008, 00:42
sorry i mean B8 S4. because this engine rumored so often in the internet. and now autobild said compressor too.

AndyBG
February 9th, 2008, 03:04
85% of sources is saying kompressor now, so it seems that Audi is going into something new...

tvrfan
February 9th, 2008, 16:43
i dont like this fact.

HKS786
February 9th, 2008, 23:25
i dont like this fact.

Bro, relax dont sweat it. At least wait till we have something more official. Have faith in Audi. The RS4 is still more than up to the task of the M3 despite being older, the RS6 has just been favoured over the M5...etc :hihi:

gabbby69006
February 10th, 2008, 00:18
Remember that a compressor is only a simulation of a bigger displacement. A 3.0 V6 kompressor = 4.2 V8 NA. But when it is not needed, the compressor can be disabled.

The compressor is not a bad way while it permit to reduce consuption on low load. At low load, the engine is running like a NA engine. At higher rev and high load, the kompressor can be used to produce more torque, but on a sporty drive, a kompressor engine had a really higher consumption than a turbo engine.

BUT, but... if the compressor is used only for high reving, they can still have a high compression ratio, wich reduce the low load consumption. In this cas, the compressor adds friction losses in sporty driving compared to turbocharging. Turbo chargin is recycling heat power of the output.

It will be a conventionnal V6 with high power at high load and reving.

chewym
February 10th, 2008, 02:42
I don't think that's correct, superchargers are all about instant boost and therefore definitely work in low RPM situations. Low RPM=good fuel economy. Audi would not have made a supercharged V6 if it did not get better fuel economy than the old 4.2 V8. Just hoping that it makes at least 350 horsepower and at least 325 lb-ft of torque as S4 has made 340.

gabbby69006
February 10th, 2008, 03:02
Hummm... Supercharger are uneficient under a minimal RPM. They need to run at a high speed to compress the gaz. Secondly, the last compressors generations are build with a bypass, exactly to disable them at low RPM.

Old school compressor where not build with a versatil bypass and were concepted to provide pressure at low RPM, but the last generation are more flexible. Combined with direct injection it permit to stay with a high compression ratio.

A 3.0 L V6 is largelly big to drive slowly. Replace a 4.2 by 3.0 L on a S4 is not a downsizing strategy : it is made for fuel economy. So, I think that Audi will make a engine with a mid to high RPM active compressor, wich will be in bypass most of partial load time.

If they made anything else (old scool compressor), the consumption will be really to high !