PDA

View Full Version : RS6 video review - german

xotic
February 6th, 2008, 19:18
Another slow day at work so had some time to surf....again...

Here is another review, this time in german so I dont know what theyre actually saying, but here it is anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldGa7imyJsk

Looks like the testers are having some trouble with the gear changes ...seems that many of them hit the rev-limiter in the few videos that we´ve seen so far. They should probably stick to the auto mode...anyway, the car probably is catching them off guard with picking up revs so fast... still, how hard can it be to adjust to it and film a clean change?? A minor annoyance on my part, but obviously not the cars fault :)

jonas21
February 6th, 2008, 19:20
repost, i was 2 minutes quicker :)
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14508

btw they say the love the sound of the v10 once it downshifts...thats why the rev up that high.

xotic
February 6th, 2008, 19:28
hehe...i type too slow :P

yea i can imagine wanting to rev high for the sound and another point that just came to mind is the fact that it actually lets you hit the rev limiter, imo a good thing...i dont recall ever hitting it on my car and thats probably because the box will change the gear once you go too high revs,even in manual mode...grrr...will have to test tomorrow because i just cant remember...been too long since i used the "manual mode"

Michaël Barbé
February 6th, 2008, 22:54
yeah, he doesn't say anything 'new' actually. But if I understood it good he said Audi says the motor is capable of doing 300000km. Correct me if i'm wrong!

MB
:rs6kiss:

Husky3
February 7th, 2008, 10:40
wrong, he refers to the ceramic brakes.

Michaël Barbé
February 7th, 2008, 16:39
what's wrong?

KresoF1
February 7th, 2008, 16:56
Engine life. He said that Ceramic rotors could last up to 300000km(BTW, not true at all). Also he spoke positively about the car but, BIG weight feel is present...

Michaël Barbé
February 7th, 2008, 18:53
oh! sorry! I understand. I guess I understood the german guy wrong.

Thanks for straightin' this out!

MB
:rs6kiss:

Der Major
February 11th, 2008, 11:20
He also said that the ceramic brakes (8.000€ extra) eventhough they are bigger 42cm instead of standart 39cm they are lighter.