PDA

View Full Version : This week in autocar(.co.uk) magazine: RS6 vs M5

Michaël Barbé
February 6th, 2008, 14:57
In Belgium I don't know where to buy this magazine but I like Chris Harris' opinion most of the time. anyone who has this magazine of this week or is planning to do so? If you have a scanner: scan and drop!!

Michaël Barbé
:rs6kiss:

Carl Lassiter
February 6th, 2008, 17:27
In Belgium I don't know where to buy this magazine but I like Chris Harris' opinion most of the time. anyone who has this magazine of this week or is planning to do so? If you have a scanner: scan and drop!!

Michaël Barbé

Yes, please scan. I know the RS4 Touring got a rave review vs the E63 and M5 wagon's.
In wet weather, I know my choice.

StanYau
February 6th, 2008, 19:14
Done! :)

Doesn't this breach copyright law of some sort...? Anyway - if you're in the UK, go buy the magazine to lift my guilt!

I didn't have enough room to upload the files here (is it me, or are the limits really small), so I've uploaded them here:

http://cid-4e1a5ecb8134dc4d.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Autocar%20-%20RS6%20vs%20M5

I haven't scanned the two pages which basically consist of a giant photo - a jpg scan doesn't do the car justice!

Spidercat
February 6th, 2008, 20:04
Thanks for posting the article, Stan! :addict: And dry, twisty roads, too! Isn't that supposed to be where the bmw supposedly shines with it's lower weight and "driver's car" focus?
(Did anybody else think that he was just a little too harsh on the poor bimmer, though?)

tvrfan
February 6th, 2008, 20:27
i cant see them, and cant register me. please can anyone upload them anywhere where i can see it?

KarlMarx
February 6th, 2008, 20:48
Thanks very much for scanning

Georgious86
February 6th, 2008, 21:04
looking at theese pictures of Rs6 avant and M5 touring,i became sure that the design of audi rs6 is better,it's like a tank against m5,it's not much bigger and is more agressive real battle machine.:rs6kiss:
P.S. I prefer sedans more and for me A6 sedan is more attractive than 5 series sedan.

Leadfoot
February 6th, 2008, 21:04
Just read the review.

What a fine piece of literature, but where should it be filled? Factual section or Horror.

Well that depends on whether you drive an Audi or a BMW. :hihi:

ZCD2.7T
February 6th, 2008, 21:18
Just what I thought would be the case - the Audi is clearly the faster car point-to-point over the road. Isn't that the whole *point* of a car like this?? :hihi: :addict: :wo:

StanYau
February 6th, 2008, 22:12
Sorry if people are having problems with the SkyDrive files... Here are the URLs that link directly to the jpg files. If you're still having problems, let me know and I'll see if I can post a copy elsewhere...

Page 1 (http://msdqvg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pq5Q-C0PFHgtSbaHV3xuo7owAmB0_dyHyvtkiyZFasj1Y0OEjH_QKNv 9qmUOsf5dfGjTOk4zbFL8LIeqkdZeM8E_jwwDfFZBT/page1.jpg) | Page 2 (http://msdqvg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pq5Q-C0PFHgs9cc2dbTy0-XS_waUZhd9Tm_0SjopMZq1aUPfnecYIXmje7vSxQv2zM84IzXO Iu6ZYvekSDlTZAVQ0RWqW2bOB/page2.jpg) | Page 3 (http://msdqvg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pq5Q-C0PFHgsd8nowdB4RSbYPYwYHTDwWVOxe94hDNHUIeuNVa8Glhu-MI57ChzXvDeuHDBgVVOKVmE-RZS8OY6PZF4Wxkukg/page3.jpg) | Page 4 (http://msdqvg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pq5Q-C0PFHgt9aSbDccRNSRdWk29cYA6xB0zf_haTpTeTiI3bD0Y-21sL_d6LcEQtHxen5dE-qJJSPM_BIQnwwLNrFvoM2O7k/page4.jpg) | Page 5 (http://msdqvg.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pq5Q-C0PFHguQgE4oWRTvo3gO-enV0hAJUwAqL3ZvEA71ETHfOoqQ3_VW94mL8pEHaWsGKrEW5vl xu8OC6nH-4Q7abhBZd4dz/page5.jpg)

Michaël Barbé
February 6th, 2008, 22:16
Oh man I didn't expect the articles that fast on the forum!! many thanks!! Love to read this!

MB

KK265
February 6th, 2008, 22:34
Sorry if people are having problems with the SkyDrive files... Here are the URLs that link directly to the jpg files. If you're still having problems, let me know and I'll see if I can post a copy elsewhere...

Thank you for the scans!

Carl Lassiter
February 6th, 2008, 22:36
Just read the review.

What a fine piece of literature, but where should it be filled? Factual section or Horror.

Well that depends on whether you drive an Audi or a BMW. :hihi:

It's very clear where Harris stands on the love/hate relationship with SMG. I'm pleased the Audi got a positive review but still believe that it is a case of personal preference. I've said it a million times but the E63, RS6 and M5 are all different to one another. Superior in some ways, inferior in others, but above all they're all brilliant. I knew what the RS was going to offer as the division is very accomplished and constantly improving. We're lucky to have three such classy and a powerful marques to choose from.

Michaël Barbé
February 6th, 2008, 22:47
I really like the verdict of Chris Harris. He really knows what he's saying. Hopefully there will be a video on the website because I prefer moving images and hearing sounds:hahahehe:

MB

Benman
February 7th, 2008, 00:39

I'd file it in the "classic" section since it was brilliant. ;) :cheers:

Ben:addict:

audi_ch
February 8th, 2008, 09:51
do i understand that right, that acceleration from a stand was identical.
Till m5 driver missed a gear, above 60 mph

That would be disaponting for me, if 4 wheel drive car, would not be faster from standing start than a rear wheel driver car.

Hope i read it wrong..., otherwise it could be really hard to get any speed advantage over up to 200 kmh for the rs6.

Otherwise nice text

Leadfoot
February 8th, 2008, 10:58
Virtually identical does not mean are identical, for all we know the expectations of Mr Harris may have been that he thought the RS6 would leave it for dead and when it only pulled 3/4 of a length at the said speed his opinion was that they were virtually identical, this may not have been the case but you see my point. :brag:

Another thing, how do you actually miss a gear in a semi-auto, still trying to figure that one out, maybe he meant the M5 it the limiter before the person driving had changed gear, it sounds the only logical answer which in any case means he/she was only slowed by say a tenth or two because of it and yet this still allowed the RS6 to 'rump off into the distance'. Yeah right, the RS6 left it because it was quicker end of story. :hihi:

Georgious86
February 8th, 2008, 15:41
Hello. where've you read rs6 vs m5?on autocar.co.uk i'm not abble to read it.have you seen video yet?tell me a bit please about this comparison test.which is faster???thanks.

artur777
February 8th, 2008, 16:03
RS6 is faster due to bettet low-mid torque and AWD which helps when accelerating out of bends

MJN
February 8th, 2008, 17:34
http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallpapers/Videos.aspx?AR=231110

They've released a video with Chris Harris driving the RS6. He thinks it's better than expected, but still very very heavy. Wins over the M5, though....:harass:

ZCD2.7T
February 8th, 2008, 21:44
You know, the more I think about this, the more I think that Chris' whole starting point for the article and video is false.

That is, that the RS 6 is too heavy.

It weighs, what, 125 kilos more than the M5 Touring?

But, it has two turbos and all their attendant plumbing, plus quattro hardware, plus bigger brakes. All that stuff HAS to weigh more than 125 kilos, I'd think, so from that point of view, Audi has arguably done a better job of controlling the weight than BMW!!!

chewym
February 9th, 2008, 02:20
I don't like how the auto writers somehow think that the RS6 should handle the same as the RS4 and R8. The same way they were "dissapointed" that the S5 is not like the RS4. I believe the RS6 will be perfectly good at its job.

DuckWingDuck
February 9th, 2008, 02:23
Well, I have to say that the S5 really ought to have had a better engine. It's got the same engine as an S4 but heavier. It _is_ suppose to be higher up on the foodchain...

raulg
February 9th, 2008, 02:58
You know, the more I think about this, the more I think that Chris' whole starting point for the article and video is false.

But, it has two turbos and all their attendant plumbing, plus quattro hardware, plus bigger brakes. All that stuff HAS to weigh more than 125 kilos, I'd think, so from that point of view, Audi has arguably done a better job of controlling the weight than BMW!!!

That's what I am always thinking. Exactly the same story with the new M3 vs RS4, same weight on paper but we have to add some 75kg for the driver in the RS4 - but the car has the quattro drivetrain which is much more than 75kg. So, basically Audi did a much better job at building the car-weight wise.

Just the quattro in the RS6 must be like at least 100kg, maybe close to 200kg, so BMW didn't do anything special at all, just used their standard RWD instean of an AWD system. No wonders there, since the weight distribution is not 50:50, it's just like any Audi standard 55:45. For a RWD I think the weight on the REAR axle is extremely important, they should use a rear engine like the porsche (that car won't skid much even when launched extremely hard).

chewym
February 9th, 2008, 04:40
Well, I have to say that the S5 really ought to have had a better engine. It's got the same engine as an S4 but heavier. It _is_ suppose to be higher up on the foodchain...

The S5 is a bit quicker than the S4, and it's a tiny bit lighter. But the early preview drives wanted to compare it to the RS4 which made no sense.

DuckWingDuck
February 9th, 2008, 04:46
I drove them around on the audi driving experience day and I have to say, as fun as the S5 was (it was manual compared with the S4's automatic), I did feel that it was faster around the track.

i_am_Waz
February 9th, 2008, 18:42
Awesome Article! Thank you for the Scan! Looks like it will all come down to which one fits around your butt better!

Waz

Carl Lassiter
February 9th, 2008, 19:43
I drove them around on the audi driving experience day and I have to say, as fun as the S5 was (it was manual compared with the S4's automatic), I did feel that it was faster around the track.

did feel or did not feel. I think you typo'd. Anyhow, I agree that it will take the RS5 for the performance to match the looks. Why they didn't shoehorn in the RS4 engine at S5 launch is beyond me. With that engine, RS4 brakes, arches and pipes the thing would rock

skiwi
February 9th, 2008, 20:06
did feel or did not feel. I think you typo'd. Anyhow, I agree that it will take the RS5 for the performance to match the looks. Why they didn't shoehorn in the RS4 engine at S5 launch is beyond me. With that engine, RS4 brakes, arches and pipes the thing would rock

i believe that what you describe will be the rs5!

Husky3
February 9th, 2008, 20:23

right!
Don't really understand it either. The S4 for example weighs 1850 kg without driver (with 354 hp), the RS6 with 580 hp can easily afford this extra weight.
I don't want to compete with a Ferrari so no problem for me with that weight! Will still be faster than 99,9999% of all cars.

gjg
February 9th, 2008, 23:02
.......................and yet this still allowed the RS6 to 'rump off into the distance'. Yeah right, the RS6 left it because it was quicker end of story. :hihi:

got it Leadie ....... :cheers:

Aronis
February 10th, 2008, 01:22
Thanks for posting that article, it was run to read....

Now what will the price be at the dealer?

Three kids to put through college....oh well...my current RS6 will have to do...

Mike

Michaël Barbé
February 10th, 2008, 18:20
Man the video is great! He is really right I think. He does know this car is bought for daily use!! Tiff will review it as a track car and Jeremy: well, I can't wait for that!!

I don't like him comparing it to an rs4 and r8. The rs6 is a cruiser that is capable of doing insane. I don't think you'd like the crusing that much in an r8 or even in an rs4!!

MB

Charles DLF
February 10th, 2008, 18:50
Funny i had the exact same question when i first read the numbers: 580HP???? I think it is too much! Or is it?

I must say i still think it is too much, not a green guy, not really into protecting the planet and so on... at least i think that before harassing me and my car, industries must start reducing emissions... Anyway, he is right, politically speaking this car is insane... regarding speeds it can acheive, emissions.. everything!

chewym
February 11th, 2008, 00:45
Emissions and everything is better than the old RS6.

LU-RS6
February 11th, 2008, 00:50
at least i think that before harassing me and my car, industries must start reducing emissions... Anyway, he is right, politically speaking this car is insane... regarding speeds it can acheive, emissions.. everything!

You are right, but problem is this: Governments in the coming years will charge you more and more money for "CO2 heavy cars"

And most of those cars are expensive...so most people who buy these kind of cars are quite wealthy..so they care less what surplusses they have to pay.

Plus I feel the knowledge and possibilities are there to develop cars low-emission powerful cars...must be OPEC blocking them :harass:

chewym
February 11th, 2008, 03:56
The RS6 adds 33% more horsepower to the S6 while using only 3% more fuel. That's about as good as it gets. The RS6 while being heavier and more powerful than the M5/E63 gets better fuel economy (less C02 emissions) than both of them.

IhateRWD
February 11th, 2008, 11:43
now i read all the reviews and just as i knew RS6 kicks his M5 ass...there is a review where it says:RS6 DOESN'T BEAT M5 IT HUMILIATE HIM:harass: So how's the guy who said that M5 will leave RS6 after getting to 200km/h ?i wanna see him eating his words...we are not talking about M POWER or AMG we are talking about MOSTE EXPENSIVE AND POWERFUL SPORTS BRAND IN THE WORLD QUATTRO G.M.B.H.... and the other thing, i saw a lotttttttttt of RS4 vs new M3 and RS4 beat the crap of M3 even on 200km/h, BUT only when the driver actually knows very well the car and knows how to drive at the limit an RS4, ONLY THEN, but those idiots from m3post.com logically that DON'T KNOW TO DRIVE AN RS4, it's not an BMW, it's an AUDI and you can't actually drive like a BMW, so who is responsable for that?!To big subjectivism on the drag races of RS4 vs M3 E92, only GERMAN MAGAZINES know well...i saw and read AMS and Autobild track times and accelerations of M3 E92, C63AMG and RS4 and RS4 is a bit faster with not much but FASTER, do you imagine if Walter Rohl will drive an RS4 to Nurburgring what will do?Or the new RS6?DRIVERS'S CAR IS NOT FOR EVERY AVARAGE DRIVER WHO THINK HE CAN DRIVE, ONLY FOR THE BEST, THAT'S THE RS4, so f...k the stupid testers who think that can drive and filmed some bulky craps of RS4 vs new M3 when M3 wins...70% of the tests are in favour of RS4 also like RS6 vs M5, so i would botter again to see another user on this forum to say that on bla bla 200km/h an M caca power can beat an RS...really?PROVE ME...are you better than AUTOBILD AND AMS?

xotic
February 11th, 2008, 12:16
nice to have you back superstar, it is you isnt it? at least your passion and unwavering loyalty for Audi is on par with him.

Anyway, you always seemed to have a pretty good idea on whats in the pipeline with Audi and Quattro so I wanted to ask if you have any news on the RS6 sedan that we havent heard yet? Any idea on which show it will be presented at?

The RS6
February 11th, 2008, 12:48
OMG superstar is back! :D

Damn bro you reeeealy can post up some serious sh*t :D

I suggest we put all his posts in a seperate topic so we can laugh at something on a cloudy day :D

I mean...
"MOSTE EXPENSIVE AND POWERFUL SPORTS BRAND IN THE WORLD QUATTRO G.M.B.H"

Come on, I love Audi but... damn... :D

audi_ch
February 11th, 2008, 14:20
now i read all the reviews and just as i knew RS6 kicks his M5 ass...there is a review where it says:RS6 DOESN'T BEAT M5 IT HUMILIATE HIM:harass: So how's the guy who said that M5 will leave RS6 after getting to 200km/h ?i wanna see him eating his words...we are not talking about M POWER or AMG we are talking about MOSTE EXPENSIVE AND POWERFUL SPORTS BRAND IN THE WORLD QUATTRO G.M.B.H.... and the other thing, i saw a lotttttttttt of RS4 vs new M3 and RS4 beat the crap of M3 even on 200km/h, BUT only when the driver actually knows very well the car and knows how to drive at the limit an RS4, ONLY THEN, but those idiots from m3post.com logically that DON'T KNOW TO DRIVE AN RS4, it's not an BMW, it's an AUDI and you can't actually drive like a BMW, so who is responsable for that?!To big subjectivism on the drag races of RS4 vs M3 E92, only GERMAN MAGAZINES know well...i saw and read AMS and Autobild track times and accelerations of M3 E92, C63AMG and RS4 and RS4 is a bit faster with not much but FASTER, do you imagine if Walter Rohl will drive an RS4 to Nurburgring what will do?Or the new RS6?DRIVERS'S CAR IS NOT FOR EVERY AVARAGE DRIVER WHO THINK HE CAN DRIVE, ONLY FOR THE BEST, THAT'S THE RS4, so f...k the stupid testers who think that can drive and filmed some bulky craps of RS4 vs new M3 when M3 wins...70% of the tests are in favour of RS4 also like RS6 vs M5, so i would botter again to see another user on this forum to say that on bla bla 200km/h an M caca power can beat an RS...really?PROVE ME...are you better than AUTOBILD AND AMS?

i Love audi, but sutch a bullshit.. sorry my words..

So all the test driver from the german Sportauto magazine witch mesured both cars several time and as well in the supertets (m3, Rs4)

are just idiots who cant drive.... no more words ...

Ah, i guess you are the first one witch saw allready a test where both cars new rs6 vs m5 were testet against on the same days in strightline acceleration up to 200kmh. Please show me facts and figures offical ones, from known car mags, or tv reportage, not guesses, interpretations.

I thougt all those bmw forums had a bad level, but after this post, i have to say, at least one person here is not better at all.

artur777
February 11th, 2008, 14:32

It's hard to read...
a mass of info...
like a big pack of BS...
All cas are wonderful, they are just different...
We like Audi, Quattro and RS6 but we don't hate M or AMG

Could you please be more respectful?

Leadfoot
February 11th, 2008, 15:52
This is the ramblings of a deranged mind or just SuperStar back in business.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

IhateRWD
February 12th, 2008, 15:15
As someone who's respecting my knowledge about Audi's and future Audi's i would definitively show you again that i'm right, since the RS6 has 580HP as i said a year ago:P The RS6 Saloon will have the same 580HP, 1960kg, 4.5 0-100km/h and 14.8s 0-200km/h official times, the back of the car will be exactly like in the photos you've seen spyed today but the tail lights will be different and will be more present wheel arches for the wheels to fit like are present in RS4 but in the saloon will be more agressive because of the shape of the car. i allready saw the car in person but hadn't been aloud to take pictures :LOL of course that happens when you have guards on you:)))and the other way is that the car will smash Nurburging in 7:50s (tom kristensen did that, and i found about this after) and of course the car definitively will humiliate M5 and E63AMG...and the bomb is that YES...the real performance figures of the engine are not real as audi says...600HP and 690NM of torque, you will se on the future Dyno tests and, acceleration times will be like 4.1s in real test including driver and full tank...the car will be presented in the autuumn at the same time with the new A6 facelift, not sooner because of the Q5 and A5 cabriolet presentations in the spring and summer...time will tell if i'm right!
p.s. I HATE M POWER AND BMW because people who have an BMW or M changed very fast and become so bad so nervous so bad ass "Cool"...and their plates number are like this:BOSS,SEF (BOSS in my language),SMK(interlop looked drug dealer etc),NFS(NEED FOR STUPID:))) and so on...and they even think that BMW can take Audi,Lamborghini,Ferrari,Pagani,Mercedes,etc...the y are "KING OF THE ROAD" and "KING OF WOMENS"...yeahhh right...now you understand why i have this no sympathy for bmw and bmw drivers?!

Damienr8
February 12th, 2008, 15:22
As someone who's respecting my knowledge about Audi's and future Audi's i would definitively show you again that i'm right, since the RS6 has 580HP as i said a year ago:P The RS6 Saloon will have the same 580HP, 1960kg, 4.5 0-100km/h and 14.8s 0-200km/h official times, the back of the car will be exactly like in the photos you've seen spyed today but the tail lights will be different and will be more present wheel arches for the wheels to fit like are present in RS4 but in the saloon will be more agressive because of the shape of the car. i allready saw the car in person but hadn't been aloud to take pictures :LOL of course that happens when you have guards on you:)))and the other way is that the car will smash Nurburging in 7:50s (tom kristensen did that, and i found about this after) and of course the car definitively will humiliate M5 and E63AMG...and the bomb is that YES...the real performance figures of the engine are not real as audi says...600HP and 690NM of torque, you will se on the future Dyno tests and, acceleration times will be like 4.1s in real test including driver and full tank...the car will be presented in the autuumn at the same time with the new A6 facelift, not sooner because of the Q5 and A5 cabriolet presentations in the spring and summer...time will tell if i'm right!
p.s. I HATE M POWER AND BMW because people who have an BMW or M changed very fast and become so bad so nervous so bad ass "Cool"...and their plates number are like this:BOSS,SEF (BOSS in my language),SMK(interlop looked drug dealer etc),NFS(NEED FOR STUPID:))) and so on...and they even think that BMW can take Audi,Lamborghini,Ferrari,Pagani,Mercedes,etc...the y are "KING OF THE ROAD" and "KING OF WOMENS"...yeahhh right...now you understand why i have this no sympathy for bmw and bmw drivers?!

I think leadie is right.... He is SuperstarDriver...Who else would say,

"I HATE M POWER AND BMW because people who have an BMW or M changed very fast and become so bad so nervous so bad ass "Cool"...and their plates number are like this:BOSS,SEF (BOSS in my language),SMK(interlop looked drug dealer etc),NFS(NEED FOR STUPID:))) and so on...and they even think that BMW can take Audi,Lamborghini,Ferrari,Pagani,Mercedes,etc...the y are "KING OF THE ROAD" and "KING OF WOMENS"...yeahhh right...now you understand why i have this no sympathy for bmw and bmw drivers"

Also, look at his name lol. Erik are you seeing this?

KarlMarx
February 12th, 2008, 15:51
I think he's on drugs...

Michaël Barbé
February 12th, 2008, 17:05
I know what he's doin': he fuckin' up my thread. That's what he's doing!

Benman
February 12th, 2008, 17:36
I know what he's doin': he fuckin' up my thread. That's what he's doing!

Yep, SuperStar is ruining your thread... as he did many, many, many threads before...

Ben:addict:

Michaël Barbé
February 12th, 2008, 17:47
I see. Never heard of that boy. It look likes he has 'logorrhoea': that's diarrhoea but with words

MB

IhateRWD
February 12th, 2008, 18:06
you don't even understand me and never ever underestimate me...no drugs,no smoke,no pain,no stupidity just f...k and drive like a lunetic but with two hands and one brain connected to the car...i am the one who become a relevation, an M POWER destroyer, the one who actually have Quattro in blood and stability on my mind...grip is everything in motorsport that's it and Quattro g.m.b.h. has it all:)
I know for sure like in the present Audi does with A5/S5, R8, RS4, RS6 will become nr.1 sporstcar maker IN SALES, cause in performance we all know Audi is nr. 1...
And scuze me and apologize my attitude or my posts but there's a free AUDI FANATIC forum right here and needs gripin' fans all times around:D Forgive me for my language or my angryness but i can't be weak to nobody on this car world because everybody does it, it's a mean sportscar world and that's the truth but we all know RS cars are the baddest you can get!Long live the beast, the RS6 beast... i am all eyes and ears to see the first dyno tests and REAL test M5 vs RS6 on acceleration and YES you will say afterwords i am right! By the way in this sporstcar luxury makers (excluding in this context supercars) there are only 3 car producers who make good cars:1.AUDI, 2.MERCEDES. 3.LEXUS...where BMW is out of this league, uncapable of doing good sportscars...sorry that's just me, i've tried and tried so many M but nothing barrely squezeed my thoughts and feelings about M Power ability to not make good cars...it's obvious that instability of M vs RS is critical in this battle and if 90% of you tried an M and see what i am talking about, the brakes, the corner ability and grip to the ground NONE of this things M Power don't do the tricks to have like RS cars can...sorry for being an ass but i get my point doesn't i?

Leadfoot
February 12th, 2008, 18:23
Let me start by saying that most of what IhateRWD is saying will work out to be very close to the truth. This is not inside info, more a case of listening to what has already been said by quite a few of us and then written in a way which is his unforgettable style.

The figure of 4.1 to 60mph I know I info people of this quite a while ago and the estimated time of 7:50 is a very good guess as the RS4 in Audi's hands has posted a time of 7:56 so chances are if the RS6 has it's limiter removed then it could get close to 7:50.

The power figures of 610ps and 690Nm have also been discussed on this very site numerous times so nothing new there then.

I appreciate him returning but don't make it sound like you are bring something to the argument/discuss with claims of new information.

KresoF1
February 12th, 2008, 18:33
Leadie,

RS6 Avant has already been tested and measured by some German mags. Results will be published very soon but, I can already tell you this-not that fast... Weight? More then Audi official claim...

7.50min as claim by SS-Driver? Well, only new version RS6 NC-1701F...

IhateRWD
February 12th, 2008, 21:07
i will get more info soon, but i'm not here on this forum to demonstrate u all something, i did that along ago but if i see and know something that isn't known by you all i will tell...so don't botter to think me i am an idiot cause i'm not! i am obsessed by sporstcars and of course audi and i have gasoline in my blood(not diesel) i hate diesel's and definitively i will not apreciate so much the R8 diesel version because of the engine sound, rev limits and again the sound...i hate prrrr prrrr...that's not a sportscar at all...it must do the driver and the people from the street to piss on their pants when you are revving in a sportscar...and must be fast, really really fast, and that lag of diesel's not quite a feeling...maybe V12 TDI will change my opinion but i doubt that and for sure R8 V12 TDI will not be faster than R8 V10 FSI for sure...and if Audi decide to build RS models with TDI i will not be a fan of that, i will prefer smaller engines or S range cars modified to have a lot of power and torque but no diesel...and I LOVE NEW RS6, i am not a fan of Avant's but i appreciate this car but for me only coupe's and saloons or cabrio's suit me so i will never buy an Avant and i'm engaged and will not think to have one even for my future family... so no words for the future RS6 Saloon which will be a lot faster than the Avant and even a better looking car...people appreciate more the saloons here and in Europe and that's the way that will happen with the new RS6 saloon...if i could and will buy an RS6 Saloon i will not let it that way i will modify to custom 700-750Hp or even 800HP because for me a car without extreme hi-fi high end audio system handmade in Germany or "Denmark=B&O of course" doesn't have a way to my life...of course for that i will need to take the weight down with carbon fiber and lighter component for aditional audio equipment... but of course Audi thinks always about their customers and will do the tricks to have a lighter RS6 and the tuners to take it lighter and faster like my favourite:MTM!Miamiii....

KarlMarx
February 12th, 2008, 21:18
I so can't be arsed to read all that. If you've got a point to make, at least stick some punctuation in it so it's a little easier to read. Oh, and remember to breath now and again.

Michaël Barbé
February 12th, 2008, 21:39
Goddamn! I'm already sick of you! I don't care if some things are true or not! I hate this guy! He a moron that throws everything out he's thinking while thinking I give one shit! Don't care if I would be banned from this forum because of my words. I just don't want that enoying guy in good threads! If everybody would be writing down their lifestory like he is, it would be one garbagebad here!! Somebody: DO SOMETHING ABOUT HIM!

MB

IbisRS6
February 12th, 2008, 21:45
Just delete all his threads and the ones pertaining.. This thread is too sexy to have it mucked up for later readers. Can we do a clean up please?
"Clean up on isle 2 and 3... thank you"

Leadfoot
February 12th, 2008, 21:52
Leadie,

RS6 Avant has already been tested and measured by some German mags. Results will be published very soon but, I can already tell you this-not that fast... Weight? More then Audi official claim...

Mate I know there will be occasions when the car doesn't live up to expectations and by the looks of what you are hinting this may be one of these occasions, but likewise if you look at some of the times from the M3 or RS4 you will see a wide variations in both 0-100km/h and 0-200km/h times.

Just wait a bit and you will see that I am right. :thumb:

raulg
February 13th, 2008, 01:10

HAhahaha, that guy is freaking connected to the car he drives.
HAHAHEHEHEHAHE, he's sooo coool :hihi:

audi_ch
February 13th, 2008, 11:10
Leadie,

I have to agree with this one, rumors been said that it was 15,5 to 200kmh. and that he wont, cant, or is not allowed to match the gallardo..

But what ever he will be one of the fastest all year driver cars...
And is good looking, so for my part, i am happy with that

But for every one whitch this is not fast enough, tunning, just get the heat under control..

IhateRWD
February 13th, 2008, 12:02
RS6 rules

KarlMarx
February 13th, 2008, 13:04
Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!

:0: :cheers: :0: