PDA

View Full Version : DRC.. Please help

Fonzie Audi
February 6th, 2008, 13:46
If the DRC on the 03 RS6 is having trouble.. will a check engine light come on? I could swear that something is wrong, but no signal from the comp. I could feel a penny if i rolled over it, and the steering feels looser than normal.

If my DRC is going, or shot - what would i feel? What are the symptoms? Should i get it in there just in case to be looked at? I just had a new torque converter put in and i figured if there was a DRC problem they would have at least let me know.

What should I look/feel for?

Rupert
February 6th, 2008, 14:12
There no warning lights to indicate DRC failure.

Symptoms:
Knocking from cold, usually for just a few hundred yards. OR
Excessive bouncing when driving over ridges in the road. This is especially worrying at highway speeds on sweeping corners - the car may feel like it is stepping sideways.

The shocks may also have visible weeping or leaking of oil.
If you can see the shocks, you may be able to see oil seepage. It is obviously much easier to see the shocks with the wheels off if you feel like doing more investigation.

Fonzie Audi
February 6th, 2008, 16:50
Anyone have feedback on the PSS-9 instead of the DRC?

LIRS6
February 6th, 2008, 17:06
Anyone have feedback on the PSS-9 instead of the DRC? Some have alluded to component failure, and that Bilstein may have stopped selling them for the RS6. Suggest that you do a search.

Fonzie Audi
February 6th, 2008, 17:57
Thank you

I can't see any fluid leaking and i don't hear any klumps or bangs. I could just swear though that every bump is exaggerated way worse than it used to be.. almost bouncy

mesbenshade
February 20th, 2008, 03:02
OK... you've got me curious on the component failure of PSS9 conversions. Has anyone found details on this?

Boosted-Bora
February 20th, 2008, 17:40
OK... you've got me curious on the component failure of PSS9 conversions. Has anyone found details on this?

Yes it is true Bilstein has stopped the PSS9 for the RS6 due to mechanical failure and will not sell anymore units until they make the new PSS10 for our cars

Link to my post

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14394

What'sNext
February 20th, 2008, 22:08
Anyone have feedback on the PSS-9 instead of the DRC?

My mechanic has been told by Bilstein they will have the PSS10's ready for the RS6 in March. Kw's are also an option but they appear to be hard to get a hold of.

Boosted-Bora
February 20th, 2008, 22:40
My mechanic has been told by Bilstein they will have the PSS10's ready for the RS6 in March. Kw's are also an option but they appear to be hard to get a hold of.

KW arent that hard to get ahold of if you know where to go if you need any KW product in the USA just let me know and I will get you the info as i did for Fonzie

Fonzie Audi
February 21st, 2008, 00:54
Drew did indeed take care of me. Without hesitation he pointed me in the right direction - and 24 hours later, i'm sitting here with my KW's being shipped within 10 days! I can't freakin wait!

Thanks again Drew :applause:

Aronis
February 21st, 2008, 01:10

excellent news.

MikeL01
February 21st, 2008, 01:19
Hi,
It seems the Bilstein PSS10's are available at the Tirerack link below. It stated they have addressed the salt issue. They look sharp.

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/suspension.jsp?make=Bilstein&model=PSS10+Coil-Over+Kit

Aronis
February 21st, 2008, 02:18
Interesting link at TireRack, but not listed for RS6.
Bilstein's Website has PSS10 info for BMW and Porsche, but only if you search for PSS10 not a listing on the front page!

At least this may represent a system that will be ready for the RS6 soon.

Mike

What'sNext
February 21st, 2008, 13:18
KW arent that hard to get ahold of if you know where to go if you need any KW product in the USA just let me know and I will get you the info as i did for Fonzie

I ordered a set a couple of weeks ago from Speedware and I was told it would be three weeks...so I have my fingers crossed. But, I know someone else who has been trying for months...working directly with KW and has gotten nowhere. Please let me know your source in case Speedware does not come through in the next week or so. Thanks.