PDA

View Full Version : RS4 (B7) Avant avus

Albert
February 6th, 2008, 10:28
Dear all,

as a new member to this board, I would like to post some pictures of my RS4 Avant collected in December last year.

Major reasons to get one from the retiring B7-series were the speculations about V6 TT/SC to be expected in the B8 S/RS4 (to me, high-rev V8 appeals much more sexy.. but surely a matter of personal taste..), the "relatively fair" offers for top quality available at the end of a series' cycle and some optical details (e.g. LED front "tapeworms"..) in the B8 series, that I do not like so much...

The possible new engine strategies might make the B7 RS4 become an all-time unique combination.
Neither M3 (no station wagon, no 4WD, less torque, ugly interior) nor C 63 (no 4WD, even less mpg, VEEERY ugly interior, at least 30 years too young for the brand..) were an option. I have been driving Audi for years now (last A4A B6 3.0 quattro) and have not been disappointed so far.

I like the chosen colour very much and the equipment suits the purpose well: The car is mainly operated on long-distance runs between Southern Germany, Switzerland and Northern Italy, the DVD Navi does a great, international job and the "normal" suspension is an excellent compromise between cornering stability and long-distance comfort.
The engine has got a "Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hide" character, is mostly grumbling in 6th gear on the speed limited motorways (also when climbing the Brennero), but loves to roar out all its joy of power, as soon as the speed limit falls... !
:incar: :dig:

There have been many good and funny reviews of the car in this community, I don't want to repeat them... I am very happy with my choice! The only disadvantage has been obvious before already: Strong drinking habits in combination with a small tank. The only way to switch that off would be a powerful diesel... not really an alternative for me... maybe in a few years reason predominates... but for now I enjoy!
:wo:
Hope you like the pics - best regards,
Albert

roadrunner
February 6th, 2008, 11:23
welcome aboard - a great car you own :thumb: :rs4addict

You might be right regarding the uniqueness of this RS4 B7 V8. We will see.

I was lucky enough to drive this beast 3 times - and it is a superb car.

Enjoy your ride and your stay at RS6.com - the best Audi forum around :cheers:

cheers
seb.

florin08
February 6th, 2008, 12:26
Great car you have. Enjoy . :rs4addict:rs4addict:rs4addict

Please post some more high-res pics. Thanx.

mbolo
February 6th, 2008, 12:43
Lucky guy!

You might possibly be a regular on one of europes best areas for driving. I've had a lot of fun on the way down from the Brennero to Italy.. :incar:

Drive safely!

Rage
February 6th, 2008, 12:48
Very nice.

Have long dreamt of an RS4 myself.

Albert
February 16th, 2008, 14:42
Thanks, guys!

Are you as disappointed as myself that there has been no comparision in a major car magazine of the M3 Coupe, C 63 Limo and RS4 Avant (brand representative sports car philosophies and bodies)?

Since the RS4 B7 has run out, we'll have to wait for the next gen...

OzRS4
February 18th, 2008, 02:21
Hi Albert,
Welcome. And Congrats on the nice car. The RS4 B7 is definitely a joy to drive and its gorgeous V8 rumble is disctinctive from any other V8 around.

Enjoy it, I know I do everytime I am in mine. :rs4kiss: