PDA

View Full Version : Warm Weather Package

CinciRS6
February 6th, 2008, 03:48
When I asked my dealer about the warm weather package, he said it "suposidly" adds fresh air into the cabin when the car is off. Does this really work? Has anyone actually noticed a difference? And if so, do I have to hit a button to turn it on?

BLITZEN
February 6th, 2008, 04:53
Welcome to RS6.com. Obviously you're a new owner, congrats.

Warm Weather Package was an option including rear sun shades and a solar panel in the sunroof to run the interior fan while the car is off and parked in the sun. So it's pretty easy to tell if you have it or not. Yes, it works. No, there's no on/off button. But I'm unsure if it actually pulls in fresh air or circulates interior air. Either way, I love it in summer. It makes black leather bearable in 90-100 degree temps!

Enjoy your car and RS6.com!

CinciRS6
February 6th, 2008, 06:32
Thank you for the quick reply, I know I have it I just wanted to see if it actually worked and if you truly noticed a difference. My b7 a4 had black leather and so does my rs6, I cant wait until the summer to see if I can notice a difference.

Thanks again

DuckWingDuck
February 6th, 2008, 06:44
"Actually worked" is a very relative term. Do a search for solar to check out others' thoughts on the warm weather package. My recommendation would be to open your windows a bit to allow the hot air to vent out.

S6driver
February 6th, 2008, 15:17
I have had the solar sunroof on my last 3 Audi's, all black on black. I think it does an OK job. Its good for leaving your car in the sun for like an hour or so, but its not going to help if its in the sun for hours on end. No need to open windows, as the solar sunroof will work if its tilted open. A bummer is, when it is the sunroof is closed, there isn't a way to open the sunshade, as there is no sunshade. I would recommend the solar sunroof for black interiors, but don't expect it to do miracles.

DuckWingDuck
February 6th, 2008, 16:03
I open the windows AND tilt the sunroof ;) But then I do live in California.

+44 Dave
February 6th, 2008, 16:22
I open the windows AND tilt the sunroof ;) But then I do live in California.

Having the windows open completely defeats the point of having air conditioning running ! Sure air may be able to vent but hot humid air will come into the car as well.
There's no point in having the air con running if your windows are open.

Carl Lassiter
February 6th, 2008, 17:32
I have had the solar sunroof on my last 3 Audi's, all black on black. I think it does an OK job. Its good for leaving your car in the sun for like an hour or so, but its not going to help if its in the sun for hours on end. No need to open windows, as the solar sunroof will work if its tilted open. A bummer is, when it is the sunroof is closed, there isn't a way to open the sunshade, as there is no sunshade. I would recommend the solar sunroof for black interiors, but don't expect it to do miracles.

It's a good idea and I didn't know it was available on the rev. gen RS6. By the way, 15 percent is a very dark tint so I'm guessing your S6 stays really cool anyways. I have 50 percent ceramic all round as the police in LA can make life tough, especially when you have no front plate.

DuckWingDuck
February 6th, 2008, 17:34
+44 Dave - Oh no, I meant what I had written before, that I leave a slit open to help circulate the air. And the warm weather package isn't air conditioning, the air that it runs isn't cooled as far as I can discern, it just helps circulate the air.

Carl Lassiter
February 6th, 2008, 18:41
Having the windows open completely defeats the point of having air conditioning running ! Sure air may be able to vent but hot humid air will come into the car as well.
There's no point in having the air con running if your windows are open.

No humidity in SoCal.:wo:

S6driver
February 6th, 2008, 19:43
It's a good idea and I didn't know it was available on the rev. gen RS6. By the way, 15 percent is a very dark tint so I'm guessing your S6 stays really cool anyways. I have 50 percent ceramic all round as the police in LA can make life tough, especially when you have no front plate.

Ya, 15% is quite dark and definately not legal here, but I tint my cars at the same place that does all the cars for the Boulder County Sheriffs Office, and the Boulder Police Dept. The Sheriffs have told my friend who owns the shop that there is exactly one tint tester in the whole county, and it has never left the office. Needless to say I have never been hassled since putting ths tint on my cars (knock on wood). I don't drive it to Utah though. Whats the limit in Cali? I know in NV and AZ they are really lax on the tint because its the freaking desert. Do the cops drive around with tint testers?

ben916
February 6th, 2008, 21:58
The limit in CA is no tint on front windshield (kinda of a big DUH on that one) and no tint on the front driver/passenger windows. The remaining windows can be limo tint if you like.

DuckWingDuck
February 7th, 2008, 17:35
I've always found the tint law in CA to be quite stupid, after all, when you're pulled over by the police, they usually come up behind you, meaning they pass by the rear windshield and rear windows BEFORE they approach the front windows. If I'm a criminal with some friends in the back, the police will have no visibility before he reaches the front windows.

ben916
February 7th, 2008, 18:33
I agree! Yet in Washington State, the limit is 35 all around (SeattleS4, correct me if I am incorrect or if things have changed there also). Living in Seattle/Bellevue for 25+ years, the days per year that you need tinting could be counted on both hands...

Not to mention it is slightly hot in So Cal... There is nothing quite like the sizzle of flesh on black leather. (here I am bitchin' about how hot it is and it is currently like -45 in Michigan...)

I had my headliner in a prior car get scorched by the sun blasting on a reflective windsheild cover! There were quarter sized black spots on the headliner! I was saying to myself, WTF!?!?!

S6driver
February 7th, 2008, 20:07
[quote=ben916;122159]The limit in CA is no tint on front windshield (kinda of a big DUH on that one) and no tint on the front driver/passenger windows. The remaining windows can be limo tint if you like.[/quote

So no tint at all on the front windows? Thats absurd. Here in CO, the limit is 30% all around(excepting windshield), or if you don't tint the front windows, you can go as dark as you want on the back.

IbisRS6
February 7th, 2008, 20:14
The limit in CA is no tint on front windshield (kinda of a big DUH on that one) and no tint on the front driver/passenger windows. The remaining windows can be limo tint if you like.

You can have a maximum of 70%(Ca) tint on the front windows. Some law enforcement vehicles are equipped with a light emitting unit to measure window tint. I drive with 2.5% tint (presidental) all around and an 85% tint on my windshield. I have been pulled over for tint only once and that was drving on the freeway in Los Angeles and a bored bike cop managed to spot me.

I've had tint for 4 years and I love it. It's aesthetically pleasing and keeps the car at a comfortable temperature. make sure you use only high quality tints and shop around at different dealers in your area.

p.s. never do it your self without the "propper equipment"

ben916
February 7th, 2008, 22:20
[quote=IbisRS6;122234]You can have a maximum of 70%(Ca) tint on the front windows. [quote]

only on the top 4" of the front window. http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/CA/

I also was requested to have a chat with a two wheeled CHP. He came up and was on the right side of the car. He asked for me to roll down the rightside window. He was touching the glass lip and was feeling the tint versus the glass. It was a lovely $77 fix-it-ticket. Once I had it off, you go to the local CHP office to get it signed off. They didn't even come out to check...

DuckWingDuck
February 7th, 2008, 23:05
To be honest, I don't like having too much tint, it makes it hard to spot cops, esp. since the rear view mirror and the side mirrors on the rs6 autodims.

MikeL01
February 9th, 2008, 18:07
Hi CinciRS6,
Did you purchase your RS6 from Beachmont Audi in Cincinnati? If so, you have a mint example.
Mike