PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ordered an RS6 2008?

spad78
February 2nd, 2008, 22:09
Hi

My local UK Audi dealer took 500 notes off me probably 4 months ago as a placeholder in the RS6 list, he said at the time that I was the first and would get first dibs on what they have available. I have since read elsewhere on the web that all delivery slots are taken for 2008, does this mean they have been allocated as I haven't been contacted yet?

I know that there are not many allocations so would not be surprised if he has sold it to a local footballer but it would be helpful if someone can tell me whether they have got a confirmed order yet?

Ta, Adam

StanYau
February 3rd, 2008, 00:46
I'm basically on the same boat. I also paid a £500 "pre-order deposit" to the Audi dealer in Aberdeen last September, and was told I was about 6th or 7th on the list.

I did get a letter in late December from Audi UK confirming my interest in the RS6, and that they'd contact me when further information was available.

I haven't heard anything further as yet, either from the Aberdeen dealer or from Audi UK. I'd expect that they'll be in touch when the options list is made available and the order book is opened, but I guess I'm with you in feeling a little nervous that no official notice has been made to confirm that we've been allocated one of the 380 cars that are arriving in these shores...

Just to add - at the time of placing my name on the list, I was told by the dealer that a realistic delivery for my car (6th or 7th, remember) would be anywhere between November 08 and Spring 09...!

DuckWingDuck
February 3rd, 2008, 05:02
Perhaps it's time to ring up the dealership with whom you placed the deposit! It's been my experience (at least with autos in the US) that close to half of the initial book are siphoned off by the marketing folks to give to the celebrities whose ridership will generate buzz and coverage.

TylerRS6
February 4th, 2008, 05:02
^^Very True. I get a free RS6 delivered to my home next week. I'll post pics when it arrives.

Your friend,
Brad Pitt

AndyBG
February 4th, 2008, 10:41
^^Very True. I get a free RS6 delivered to my home next week. I'll post pics when it arrives.

Your friend,
Brad Pitt

:harass: :hihi: :D

Nice one... !

StanYau
February 5th, 2008, 16:26
Just got off the phone with the Aberdeen dealer... Got an interesting snippet of information - not sure how true it may be, though, so any verification would be good!

Apparently, the allocation of RS6 Avants are made by Audi UK itself. So - the dealer can't tell me how many cars they're getting in for the year, and what customer they're going to. What's happening is that Audi UK have a Register of Interest noting the name, date of deposit and attached dealer - and will use this as the basis of allocating cars on a first-come, first-served basis throughout the UK. The dealer will be told by Audi UK to contact a specific customer to take an order as cars are allocated.

I guess this makes sense in a way, as it stops unscrupulous dealers from allocating to "high profile" customers as suggested in an earlier post. It also takes away regional demand as well - as allocation seems based purely on when the deposit was placed, not which dealer it was ordered through.

Any thoughts on this?

DuckWingDuck
February 5th, 2008, 18:13
For new launches, only corporate dealerships and the corporate marketing team makes the allocation decision to high profile customers. For example, I know that Clint Eastwood's R8 came through Audi corporate (and I'll be willing to wager that his lease will also have come directly from AoA but don't know this for a fact).

Audiphile
February 5th, 2008, 22:22
Didn't msn.uk state that the complete allocation of RS6 Avants for the UK has been snapped up already?

Audiphile
February 5th, 2008, 22:23
For new launches, only corporate dealerships and the corporate marketing team makes the allocation decision to high profile customers. For example, I know that Clint Eastwood's R8 came through Audi corporate (and I'll be willing to wager that his lease will also have come directly from AoA but don't know this for a fact).

I guess you need to be famous! Good job though as Audi puts Audis in opinion makers' hands. Cannot wait for Ironman the movie.

They should be doing more of this with the A8s and A6s.

While I am at it, Audi should develop RS/S performance centers within its dealers that strictly concentrate on the RS/S Audi -lines. I know MB is going to do to this with select MB dealers for AMG. Audi should have done this long time ago.

DuckWingDuck
February 6th, 2008, 06:49
Richard, most def. about Audi's marketing doing a damned fine job all around. When're you up for a run?

Audiphile
February 6th, 2008, 19:22
Richard, most def. about Audi's marketing doing a damned fine job all around. When're you up for a run?

I am open after the 22nd, Say 23-25 if anyone is up for it. How about the Angeles Crest Run to the Devil's Bowl? This is a great run. We can pick up food at the Cafe 76(forgot exact name), have breakfast their just below the Angeles Crest Highway on Foothill Blvd. In La Canada and go from there. A nice morning drive. Leaves afternoon open for everyone. Saturday or Sunday the best. What do you think?

DuckWingDuck
February 7th, 2008, 17:33
Ack, unfortunately I'm in China from the 15th of Feb to the first week of March, so my first weekend availability would be the 8th of March.

Audiphile
February 7th, 2008, 18:53
Ack, unfortunately I'm in China from the 15th of Feb to the first week of March, so my first weekend availability would be the 8th of March.

I'm up for the weekend of the 8th. Let me know.

DuckWingDuck
February 7th, 2008, 23:09
cool, i'll start up a thread in the next few days.