PDA

View Full Version : Some more reviews on the new RS6

xotic
February 1st, 2008, 22:44
MSN Cars review
http://cars.uk.msn.com/Reviews/article.aspx?cp-documentid=7389569

Channel4 review
http://www.channel4.com/4car/rt/audi/rs6+avant/16879/2

All in all pretty positive feedback in my eyes. I guess it depends on what you look for in a car.

just have to add a quote (a little out of context maybe, but anyway) from the MSN article...
" Audi hasn't just beaten AMG and BMW's M division, it's humiliated them."

heheh, couldnt have said it better myself-...well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder or something like that ;)

while I'm at it...heres a news tidbit from Top Gear. Any of those 380 fortunate ones members of this board???
http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2582/

KarlMarx
February 1st, 2008, 23:16
Great - thanks for putting them on the board.

nene
February 1st, 2008, 23:34
I really wonder how can anyone in their right mind give that beast a bad review.

KarlMarx
February 1st, 2008, 23:39
Well I guess they've got to say something. But I think it comes down to this - is there any other car that comes close to this kind of performance and practicality? Also, I don't want a flashy sportscar - I just don't. The more "Q-car" the better, no question. And that's what this car does in spades. Sure it looks great but it doesn't scream it at every opportunity.

Sacha
February 3rd, 2008, 18:57
Test of the A3-convertible followed by the new RS6. Looking at the hair of the lady sitting on the passenger seat gives a better impression of the acceleration/curves.

http://www.turbo.fr/automobile/actualit%C3%A9s/essais-auto/audi/a3-cabriolet-rs6-avec-karine-ferri/article.jsp?id=p2_867954

(click on the movie logo on the picture to start playing)

tonsberg31
February 4th, 2008, 12:30
Also this blue RS6 have the optional sport seats . From RS4.

AudiRS6JD
February 4th, 2008, 20:48
Very impressive! $150,000 U.S. roughly (using the current pound/dollar exchange ratio)...well worth it, but that seems kind of pricey, considering the last RS6 had a base price of about $82,500 and the current S6 sells for $72,350. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

IbisRS6
February 4th, 2008, 22:12
I developed some numbers based on the uk pricing of the RS6 and it's pricing of the M5. When I get to my computer I'll post them and see what people think. Basically the RS6 is 150k and the M5 is 128K (or something) dollars. Taking the U.S. pricing for the M5 and the amount they dropped it for our market, I was able to make the RS6 at 107k$.

107k is great pricing for most people who would buy this kind of vehicle imo.

That price would still allow competition for the vehicle. But thats if it did not reach an amount of 115k, thats the bracket as to where I see sales plummeting.

Carl Lassiter
February 4th, 2008, 23:36
I developed some numbers based on the uk pricing of the RS6 and it's pricing of the M5. When I get to my computer I'll post them and see what people think. Basically the RS6 is 150k and the M5 is 128K (or something) dollars. Taking the U.S. pricing for the M5 and the amount they dropped it for our market, I was able to make the RS6 at 107k$.

107k is great pricing for most people who would buy this kind of vehicle imo.

That price would still allow competition for the vehicle. But thats if it did not reach an amount of 115k, thats the bracket as to where I see sales plummeting.

Would 107k be fully loaded? M5 is $100k fully loaded. (just for comparison, no kind of attitude here)

I'll still be interested in seeing the sedan even though I'm out of the running for one. Weight saving will be a help and, imo, it'll look more aggressive.

Two different cars, and both extremely nice.:jlol:

IbisRS6
February 5th, 2008, 00:26
No 107k was the base pricing for the vehicle. I think fully loaded it would be around 115k - 120k. (that includes ceramic brakes)

Don;t forget I have no idea what I'm talking about because of how audi prices. A better way to find pricing would be the s4 compared to the rs4 in the uk and then take the S6 fully loaded and calculate the difference based on the s4 rs4 pricing. Of course bring that down to american pricing which is about 35-45k less in U.S. dollars

AudiRS6JD
February 5th, 2008, 00:54
Would 107k be fully loaded? M5 is $100k fully loaded. (just for comparison, no kind of attitude here)

I'll still be interested in seeing the sedan even though I'm out of the running for one. Weight saving will be a help and, imo, it'll look more aggressive.

Two different cars, and both extremely nice.:jlol:
I remember seeing a video that stated that the only extra option would be Audi's RS ceramic brake discs...I guess just add a couple grand to the $107,000...we are probably looking at $110,000 or so when it comes to the U.S. :addict:

IbisRS6
February 5th, 2008, 06:55
Well the Ceramic brakes require upgraded wheels also and some buyers may want to change the seating and the steering wheel. Color options can add to pricing as well as some extra options for the navigation system.

DuckWingDuck
February 5th, 2008, 16:23
More and more I think Ben's right in that it will be closer to $150 if it comes.

S6driver
February 5th, 2008, 17:13
No way does Audi price the RS6 at 150K in the US(if it comes). That would be 50K more than a loaded M5 or E63. I think base price will be 100-105K and fully loaded 110-115K. Even with a bunch of dealers taking deposits, its not official that NA will see a MkII RS6 sedan. Likely, but not definate. Service is still an issue, and there is no doubt, due to the weak USD, Audi is looking at losing money with a RS6 in NA. They simply can't charge 150K USD for the top of the line A6. My S6 was 81K with pretty much everything, so I can't see tacking on 70K for the RS version. Its easier for MB and BMW to price their products accordingly in the US, because the US accounts for a much higher % of their total sales, than it does for Audi(only 10%).... I think the US will get a very limited # of sedans, maybe 1000, and the base sedan price will be higher, but not much higher, than a fully loaded M or AMG. We'll see. My dealer, where I am #2 on the RS6 list, is confident, but aren't accepting deposits either. I really hope the US gets a crack at the beast...

Leadfoot
February 5th, 2008, 17:34
I reckon the RS6 if or when it reaches the US shores will command a 15~20% retail over the M5.

DuckWingDuck
February 5th, 2008, 18:15
Don't forget that the original RS6 was also quite a bit more than its Teutonic cousins and as someone mentioned above, the avant is already $150K.

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?amt=77%2C625&from=GBP&to=USD&submit=Convert

Leadfoot
February 5th, 2008, 20:14
At current exchange rates the RS6Avant may well be $150K but I doubt that when it reaches your shores it price will amount to that. I would have thought something like $115~125K maximum.

AudiRS6JD
February 5th, 2008, 20:42
At current exchange rates the RS6Avant may well be $150K but I doubt that when it reaches your shores it price will amount to that. I would have thought something like $115~125K maximum.
I totally agree with you. As IbisRS6 said earlier, the exchange rate might be in favor of the Pound 1.96/1, but if you compare the prices of the American-priced S6 and the British-priced S6, the math does not add up. Considering if the British-priced S6 was a base model, a price of £56,350 would equate to $110,446. The base price of the S6 in the U.S. is $72,350, a difference of nearly $40,000.

Audiphile
February 5th, 2008, 22:16
If the sedan does arrive in the US, I am sure Audi is aware of the monetary exhange and will price it accordingly. I think starting around $100,000 will be where the RS6 Sedan will hit. Remember, the Avant versions of Audis are always more expensive than sedans. Plus, Audi will sell more sedans globally than Avants and that will help offset the pricing in the US. Since the number sold in the US will be relatively small compared to globally, Audi can offset the losses (if any) for the US by its total sales of RS6s by quattro as a whole. There are many ways to work the numbers to make the RS6 Sedan pricing competitive in the NA market. Audi has to bring the RS6 here for (1) image reasons and (2) 2008 is the "Year of Audi" in the US, and (3) "Old Luxury has been put notice". I cannot think of a better car to do this than a RS6. You don't mess with the Godfather and not deliver!:addict:

Carl Lassiter
February 5th, 2008, 22:20
If the sedan does arrive in the US, I am sure Audi is aware of the monetary exhange and will price it accordingly. I think starting around $100,000 will be where the RS6 Sedan will hit. Remember, the Avant versions of Audis are always more expensive than sedans. Plus, Audi will sell more sedans globally than Avants and that will help offset the pricing in the US. Since the number sold in the US will be relatively small compared to globally, Audi can offset the losses (if any) for the US by its total sales of RS6s by quattro as a whole. There are many ways to work the numbers to make the RS6 Sedan pricing competitive in the NA market. Audi has to bring the RS6 here for (1) image reasons and (2) 2008 is the "Year of Audi" in the US, and (3) "Old Luxury has been put notice". I cannot think of a better car to do this than a RS6. You don't mess with the Godfather and not deliver!:addict:

Hey Richard, how are you? Long time no word my friend. I'm still excited for the sedan to hit our shores even though I'm no longer in the running for one.

Anyway, hope you are well.

Nick