PDA

View Full Version : KW V3's

Boosted-Bora
January 30th, 2008, 20:57
I have searched and have found nothing on this sooo here it goes.

I decided to purchase the V3's for my beast as well as the h-sport sway bars my question is what kind of settings are you guys (who have v3's) are running any link to some set ups would be appreciated as well as any info. Cause I have no clue what settings to dial in for aggressive street driving.

Cheers, Drew

Boosted-Bora
February 1st, 2008, 15:10
so no one has any setups to recommend

Hy Octane
February 1st, 2008, 16:55
Go check with the guys at RS246 on their RS6 forum there. There are a few guys who have them installed.. They have a setting called 'Nurburgring" which is supposed to be firm but great. Maybe they can help you.

aussie rs6
February 1st, 2008, 17:38
so no one has any setups to recommend

Drew,

Pm me and i will email you my searches on KWv3.

regards

john

DuckWingDuck
August 28th, 2008, 06:47
Drew,

Pm me and i will email you my searches on KWv3.

regards

john

What's up with not sharing with the rest of the class the fruits of your labour ;)

aussie rs6
August 28th, 2008, 16:16
details on KW3 are from factory on installation of KW3 to Audi RS 6 and dismantling of DRC.

I have not posted as 1MB pdf of 11 pages.

DuckWingDuck
August 28th, 2008, 18:07
Hehe, in that case, could you email me that PDF file? whatdafuhk @ gmail.com

Thanks!!

hahnmgh63
August 28th, 2008, 18:28
I'm going to do the KW V3's this fall or winter. At 51K, my DRC is still working fine (knock on wood) but I had it on the lift yesterday and noticed a little wetness (oil) on both rear shocks but the fronts were fine. Are the rears usually the first to fail? If I could lower my car about an inch and have a reliable DRC guarantee I would keep it, but alas, I think my DRC days are numbered. If possible, could you E-mail the file to me at hahnmgh@yahoo.com Thanks, MHG

DuckWingDuck
August 28th, 2008, 18:32
I will offer to host the file once it's been emailed out. Roy, did you see my post on the other thread? I'll have two brand spanking new DRC valve and shocks if you want to buy 'em ;)

hahnmgh63
August 30th, 2008, 00:16
Yea, I saw your post on the shocks but I know the DRC will ultimately fail and I would like something reliable and also to lower my car about an inch or so. I know H&R makes lowering springs but then your still stuck with the DRC.
The KW manual is all about the install but other than spring height settings it doesn't mention a think about compression or rebound settings, that is what I'm looking for as well as others if anyone has heard anything yet? Thanks, MGH

DuckWingDuck
August 30th, 2008, 03:16
heh, I was just messin' with ya but would dearly love to find a home for these two DRC valves + shocks that I'll be getting to offset some of the cost of these damned KW V3s..... Drew, you got the document that aussie_rs6 sent you? Maybe you can send me a copy? Thanks.

hahnmgh63
August 30th, 2008, 03:55
What's your E-mail address. Aussie sent me a copy and I can forward it to you. MGH

DuckWingDuck
August 30th, 2008, 05:44
whatdafuhk @ gmail.com Thanks!!

grizz
August 30th, 2008, 07:37
Hi guys , On the last couple of kits I've fitted I've adjusted the rebound + 2 from the recommended settings .
I found the ride was " choppy " in the factory setting .

hahnmgh63
August 31st, 2008, 00:47
Hey Grizz, what are the recommended KW settings you have? The instructions that I have from KW don't have any settings listed, just install settings such as ride height and DRC removal. Thanks, MGH

Boosted-Bora
August 31st, 2008, 20:16
can someone send this to me as I never got it

drew@revisionauto.com

DuckWingDuck
August 31st, 2008, 20:27
http://www.twilightstar.net/greg/Audi-RS6.pdf

It seems to simply be the KW V3 installation instruction set...

HeadShot
September 1st, 2008, 01:18
Man i want a set of these soo bad. Whats the best price anyone found... i had a hook up that could get them for $2400. + tax so i think thats running about the same as everywhere else eh.
Duck R U back in town???? If so i may head down your way tomorrow AM.... let me know.

KfabR8
September 1st, 2008, 01:32
Man i want a set of these soo bad. Whats the best price anyone found... i had a hook up that could get them for $2400. + tax so i think thats running about the same as everywhere else eh.
Duck R U back in town???? If so i may head down your way tomorrow AM.... let me know.Get 'em from Big Drew. (Boosted-Bora)

He's always here on the board, he's extremely willing to help and we should support the people that support us.

Don't play Wally World buyer - pony up and even if you have to pay a few bucks more, it's worth the support you'll end up getting here.

Just don't ask him for part numbers....:doh:

(just screwin' w/ya Drew :cheers:)

Hey Drew, which parts in these diagrams do I need? I can get the part numbers if I know.

Front:
http://www.vagcat.com/p/B264/411000.png

Rear:
http://www.vagcat.com/p/B195/511150.png

DuckWingDuck
September 1st, 2008, 03:47
Nick - Check your mail.

grizz
September 1st, 2008, 07:35
Hi guys , i'll take a look for the settings today . I've fitting a lot of H&R coil overs , They are very good & half the price.

DuckWingDuck
September 1st, 2008, 13:40
grizz - got a link to H&Rs?

hahnmgh63
September 1st, 2008, 16:43
They only sell the H&R lowering springs here in the states. Maybe the coilovers are on there way here. MGH

Boosted-Bora
September 1st, 2008, 17:09
Hey Richard the parts I replaced were the mounts I believe that it is 5 in the rear and 14 in the front I think Grizz also had made a recommendation on replacing those parts as he may have the part number

KfabR8
September 1st, 2008, 18:03
Part #14 off of the front:

shouldered hex. nut, self-locking / bearing bracket / see illustration:
M8 407-00 / <table bgcolor="#e1e1e1" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(180, 186, 173); border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(180, 186, 173);" align="center" width="50">14</td> <td style="border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(180, 186, 173);"><nobr>8D0412065F (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:;)</nobr></td></tr></tbody></table>
Part #5 for the rear:
stop buffer
<table bgcolor="#d7dbd3" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(180, 186, 173); border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(180, 186, 173);" align="center" width="50">5</td> <td style="border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(180, 186, 173);"><nobr>8E0512149H (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:;)</nobr></td></tr></tbody></table>

If someone (Grizz?) can confirm these, I'll go put them on order in the next day or so.

When I do the upgrading of my RS, I'll do a full web page of the mods and include any and all info that I have, including part numbers, contacts, vendors, links to threads I've saved and such. The more inclusive I can be of info for the mods the easier it will be on the next person that plans on giving this stuff a try.

aussie rs6
September 1st, 2008, 18:29
Hi Grizz,

the boys over on the uk site wax lyrical about your skills with the beast- very well deserved praise from what i read.

As you have read, my drc is on the way out.

I have the choice here in oz of going with pss9 or kw3 or h&r coilovers.

Maybe you cannot answer this question due to brand recommendations etc, but if you can, if cost is not a concern, what do you think is the best for drc replacement- just for street driving with the occasional spirited driving?

looking to preserve ride comfort same as current drc, but not harsher.

any advice would be appreciated.

john
ps if i lived in UK, the beast would be on its way to unit 20!! :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

Boosted-Bora
September 1st, 2008, 19:13
Richard I think I am a bit slow and for some reason gave you incorrect info on the replacement parts the ones I replaced are

Front suspension top mounts 4D0 412 377 F
Rear suspension top mounts 8E0 512 121 D