PDA

View Full Version : here is new video of Audi Rs6 Avant

Georgious86
January 30th, 2008, 12:21
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Video/Search-Results/Video/Road-Tests/Audi-RS6-video-road-test/?&R=EPI-5506

Rutkowsky
January 30th, 2008, 13:32
Not such a great review IMO I am waiting for the sedan, it will handle much better

Georgious86
January 30th, 2008, 13:54
yeah,i'm waiting for sedan too.i like sedan more than avant.i want to know 0-200km/h of rs6 avant.i don;t belive 14.9 sec.580 bhp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it must be better!!!!!!!!!!everywhere it's said what audi announced first time.but no figures after

KarlMarx
January 30th, 2008, 14:40
I think it's a good review, both in terms of what they say and how it's presented. I'm personally not that fussed about tracking and am much more interested in the on-the-road aspects.

:rs6kiss:

KarlMarx
January 30th, 2008, 16:07
He says that (re DRC) "..even Sport avoids feeling crashy." This is in direct contrast to what Autocar said about the ride.

So who's right? Who do you listen to? Or is in fact there not a great deal in it, and it's just the subjectivity of the journalists tied up with the pre-conceived views based on previous models?

Fab
January 30th, 2008, 16:54
I agree this review isn't that positive and just seems to simply show an up to date RS6 but with nothing really stunning. Also the more I look at the car the more I find it comon and not aggressive enough (eventough the RS6 is meant to be more discrete than RS4). I personally don't like it :vhmmm:

Kliko61
January 30th, 2008, 17:04
@Fab

I agree with you that the RS6 just doesn't look aggressive enough :S. I love it, but it isn' t aggressive like the old RS6. The rear is ok, but the front has just LED and further more it' s just like a normal A6

Leadfoot
January 30th, 2008, 17:19
On the looks front, I never thought the same aggression would work on a bigger car and Audi rightly decided to tone it down for the RS6 compared to the RS4.

As for the recent reviews, well as they are only driving the RS6 and have nothing to directly compare it to I think all of these comments that have been made should be take on board but not taken as gospel. In any case when will the setup that Audi choose ever suit track use, it's efficient but isn't entertaining. Until Torque Vectoring arrives we will all have to accept this....................for now that is.

For everyday driving this will be in a different class to either the M5 or E63 and though the entertainment value of being able to throw the tail isn't there you do have the enjoyment of watching the others either struggle up a snow covered hill or drift into the distance when a wet road turns twisty. :hihi:

Fab
January 30th, 2008, 17:33
On the looks front, I never thought the same aggression would work on a bigger car and Audi rightly decided to tone it down for the RS6 compared to the RS4. I agree the RS6 doesn't have the same aggressive spirit but it is an RS tough and the flagship RS from Audi. It deosn't even have the RS front grill and in my opinion very much look like a standard A6 or S6 even in light grey like on this vid. It look sso comon.

That is personal but this RS is to shy look wise and doesn't give the RS badge enough value.

Probably a good caar at the end of the day buy the is not whow factor to me :confused:

DuckWingDuck
January 30th, 2008, 17:58
For me, Audi's RS products have never been out there like AMG or M, for my money, that's part of the reason why I chose the Audi over the Merc or BMW, the stealth aspect.

HKS786
January 30th, 2008, 18:22
@Fab

I agree with you that the RS6 just doesn't look aggressive enough :S. I love it, but it isn' t aggressive like the old RS6. The rear is ok, but the front has just LED and further more it' s just like a normal A6

I think it's fine and will look a LOT better in real life. Look at the wheel arches for example, in real-life they will stand out over the A6/S6. Good idea Audi. The wheels are also unique, LEDS are cool, exhausts...etc. I think Audi did a good job. I agree with Leadie that a car of this class shouldnt have TOO much aggression.

Anyway look at the M5, it's not far off the M-sport in the looks department. :hihi:

Carl Lassiter
January 30th, 2008, 20:46
"With the limiter removed it could hit 175mph"

Wow, how cluless. Try adding 20-30mph to that you fool. And this guy is the assistant editor.

PeterJohn
January 30th, 2008, 21:03
"With the limiter removed it could hit 175mph"

Wow, how cluless. Try adding 20-30mph to that you fool. And this guy is the assistant editor.

I think he means the V-max option.

It may not be as sharp as the M5, but why should it be? BMW already builds an M5. No need for Audi to offer a copy. I've seen a lot of posts from people who are unhappy with the high strung nature of the recent BMW Motorsport cars. Some even went back to their old e39.
It's expected that the RS6 will be compared to the M5, but it is a different kind of animal. And every article seems to agree that this is a fanatastic, stress free, bloody fast road car. Which is what people have come to expect from Audi.

Leadfoot
January 30th, 2008, 21:21

It may not be as sharp as the M5, but why should it be? BMW already builds an M5. No need for Audi to offer a copy. I've seen a lot of posts from people who are unhappy with the high strung nature of the recent BMW Motorsport cars. Some even went back to their old e39.
It's expected that the RS6 will be compared to the M5, but it is a different kind of animal. And every article seems to agree that this is a fanatastic, stress free, bloody fast road car. Which is what people have come to expect from Audi.

:applause: Well put PeterJohn, well put.:thumb:

Michaël Barbé
January 30th, 2008, 21:37
It's not negative at all! The guy is just boring as hell!! He doesn't put any feeling or intonation in his speech!

conclusion: great to seen and hear the c6 but it's a boring review!

MB
:rs6kiss:

Ruergard
January 30th, 2008, 21:52

And you're still driving a beemer? What's wrong? ;);)

Nicely put as Leadie said! :thumb:
For the review, the RS6 is never ment as a track car.. it does it's job on the road. And I think there's few cars who can match it. :addict:

Carl Lassiter
January 30th, 2008, 23:07

Well he should've said that. Disconcerting when the so-called experts flub their words. As for car dealers, mine had to check with me if mine was a V10 or not! True, some did return to the E39 but many more didn't. They're in two different leagues as regards performance and focus.

I agree fully with your comments about the RS6. It'll be a great car. AMG made a bit of a mistake with the C63 by trying to match the M3 step-for-step. All offer something a bit different but all are great.

Georgious86
January 31st, 2008, 21:10
i think Rs6 is agressive enough,and sedan will be more attractive and black colour is ideal for sport audis.just look at black this!isn't is aggresive ???:addict: also rs4 is more aggresive and sexual in black :rs4addict