PDA

View Full Version : Damaged RS4 wheels

Stefaan
January 28th, 2008, 19:24
Hello guys,

I have a 2007 RS4 and fully enjoy the car every day!:rs4kiss:
Here is what happened:
Last year, around January, I went to the tyre retailer for winter tyres(I have the 18" rims). But when putting them on, they scratched the wheels.
The tyre retailer was fair to admit the damage made, and sent the wheels for repair. After a couple of attempts the repair was satisfying and I thought the problem was solved.
But a couple months ago, I noticed that the paint began to peel and I returned to the retailer. He was somewhat embarrassed and after some discussions he agreed to let the assurance handle things so that I would get a new set of wheels.
When the inspector of the assurance company was there to look at the wheels, I told him that I was interested in buying the old wheels (as I would get new ones) in order to put the winter tyres on it. Of course the old wheels have still some value and he estimates their value to 50% of the retail price of new ones.
Is this a fair estimation, knowing that wheels are now more than a year old and that there is some noticeable damage(=only the paint that peels at some places).
Thanks in advance for your help.

All the best,
Stefaan