PDA

View Full Version : last minute jitters! color change?

RXBG
January 28th, 2008, 17:43
hey guys. i've been given 2 days to make any color chnages on my car.

till now i have been going with silver with black interior.

i had a Tt like that for years but after having the sprint blue i feel like the silver may be too blah.

thing is that the R8 design just works amazingly with silver. the only other color i have entertained is daytona gray. here is the issue. i live in florida. for 8 of 12 months it is hot as hell, rainy, and humid. water dries on the car in the middle of the sun faster than you can fart. this is why darker colors are a pain. white is out. as is red. no time for special order colors.

so, i see daytona as an alternative to ice. more interesting to look at. however i do not like the greenish hue it has and it semi-kills the contrast with the black gills that makes the R8 look like a spaceship. further, daytona will require mustang brown interior because black on daytona would be too hot in florida.

despite this analysis i am ready to just say- daytona! and close my eyes and go to bed till the car arrives.

any inputs???????????????

ZeroCool
January 28th, 2008, 17:47
i would take silver...with carbon side blades? am i right? because IMO this fits the R8 best

JavierNuvolari
January 28th, 2008, 18:30
i would take silver...with carbon side blades? am i right? because IMO this fits the R8 best

Agreed with ZeroCool here. Water stains on dark colors are a pain in the **s, though the gray sounds like a very good option.

Ps. I hardly believe you'll be able to sleep waiting for such a nice car to arrive!!:R8:

RXBG
January 28th, 2008, 18:34
that is the problem. i do not know if a CF blade will be available for my car. it would look good with either color.

ZeroCool
January 28th, 2008, 18:41
if i was you - i would take the silver color - and if the CF Blades are not available - no problem - i'll buy them from Germany and ship them to America :D

But maybe they'll be available till your car is delivered - so i would try to make a deal with your dealer - that as soon as CF Blades are available - that you get them as an free upgrade from him ;)

KresoF1
January 28th, 2008, 19:22
Well... My favourite combos for R8 are:

Daytona Grey Pearl Effect with Carbon Sigma side blades
Avus Silver Pearl Effect with Carbon Sigma side blades
Monza Silver Metallic with Carbon Sigma side blades

Black leather for all combos above. Avus have just a hint of Blue/Purple in comparison with Monza.

RXBG
January 28th, 2008, 20:40
i was going for the monza but was told it would have delayed my car by 4-5 months.

i deally it would have been monza with cf blades, polished wheels, and contrasting silver leather stitching!

{SIGH}

+44 Dave
January 28th, 2008, 21:18
Daytona silver/grey with the black side blade (carbon if availible) And as you say the saddle brown interior. It is stunning, and you spend most of your time inside the car. I would highly advise the brown interior, black is just a bit dull. :cheers:

CinciRS6
January 28th, 2008, 22:50
I have Daytona Grey on my rs6 and dont regret or dislike anything about it.

KarlMarx
January 29th, 2008, 08:25
Does anyone have any pictures of a brown leather interior? I'd be very interested to see what it looks like as I've been considering this for RS6.

The RS6
January 29th, 2008, 08:47
Does anyone have any pictures of a brown leather interior? I'd be very interested to see what it looks like as I've been considering this for RS6.

Check out this tread...

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13912

KarlMarx
January 29th, 2008, 09:20
Thanks v much

http://www.rs6.com/forum/../smilies/doh.gif (me!)

JWC
January 29th, 2008, 23:21
I watched Motortrend this weekend and they had a white one on there, it looked very good. Miami Vice Cool! Any color you choose won't change the fact that you'll be getting an AWSOME car! Enjoy!!!

Cargo8
January 30th, 2008, 04:03
keep the silver. daytona gray is dec, the r8 will look better in silver unless you complement the daytona gray with black interior, which you are not willing to do, which will make it a competitive decision

Rage
January 30th, 2008, 11:37
I say black on black.

looks mean:vgrumpy:

RXBG
January 30th, 2008, 13:23
after much consideration i decided to stick with my original plan. ice and black.

black exterior is impossible in the sunshine state.

looked at another way- there is only ONE color for the R8. silver. nuff said.

:R8kiss: :heart: :R8kiss: :heart: :R8kiss: :heart: :R8kiss: :heart:

just hope i can get the cf blade! :bow:

JWC
January 30th, 2008, 18:56
Hey now I voted White! Miami Vice color. But I guess I will would take one in silver. ENJOY!

RXBG
January 30th, 2008, 20:09
hey guys. unlike all of the p****s who have an R8 and never post about them i will be giving out a blog dedicated to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boosted-Bora
January 30th, 2008, 21:48
i say do the silver

Leadfoot
January 30th, 2008, 22:54
Well... My favourite combos for R8 are:

Daytona Grey Pearl Effect with Carbon Sigma side blades
Avus Silver Pearl Effect with Carbon Sigma side blades
Monza Silver Metallic with Carbon Sigma side blades

Black leather for all combos above. Avus have just a hint of Blue/Purple in comparison with Monza.

I personally would go for the original RS colour - Avus Silver with Carbon side blades, but interior colour is trickier as you live in a country and state where the weather gets hot, very hot and black leather will burn. I say something a bit lighter.

Leadie.

RXBG
January 31st, 2008, 13:12
avus would have been special order. 3 month wait. no way.

black does get hot. but i've no choice. goes with silver best. all other colors are garish in contrast or get dirty too easily. wanted alcantara inserts to help with heat but this would have prevented me from getting leather on the doors.