PDA

View Full Version : Cost of repairs for a RS6....needing more info

muskis2
January 26th, 2008, 22:28
Howdy again,
Ok its been 1 week and painfully as it is no RS6. Thank god for youtube so I can atleast watch the rs6 movie when I'm feeling low. I've been poking around the net and I'm pretty sure that a extended warranty is an absolute must when I find my rs6. What type of costs are you fellas finding out here with parts. To be honest I just about choked when I saw that the front rotor was $590 for a rotor.:cry:

I can assume that its a pretty pricey car to maintain and yea i know that all cars aren"t cheap but any ballpark ideas? Or atleast things to look out for?

Thanks, I'll be going back to youtube for that movie again......
Bill in colorado

DuckWingDuck
January 26th, 2008, 23:18
Rotors are expensive all around and I believe not even the original maintenance coverage covered brakes.

BLITZEN had a thread going about maintenance, might be worthwhile to do a search to see what folks said.

muskis2
January 27th, 2008, 00:09
thanks will do duck,

Bill

LIRS6
January 27th, 2008, 23:12
Rotors are expensive all around and I believe not even the original maintenance coverage covered brakes.

Pads and rotors were covered - mine were replaced at 24k and 45k, no charge.

DuckWingDuck
January 28th, 2008, 01:29
Wow, that's awesome.

aarong
January 30th, 2008, 04:37
My beast is in the shop having the entire transmission replaced. Cost: $12K. Thank the lord its under warranty until the end of April.

Some places will cover stuff under warranty and others scoff. Apparently there is a lot of gray area since most warranty repairs are dorks like me who bought used as opposed to new :p

Once insurance fixes the dent and the rear bumper I'm sellin this thing. Too pricy on the upkeep and I can't justify a car this point.

Though when I can....I know what to do :D

muskis2
January 30th, 2008, 04:58
12K OMG! With that cost its like its 1/4th the value of the car. Ok I can already grasp that a warranty is a must have for this german auto. Talk about costly, the wife went into a steep and funky paved chair store parking lot this weekend with our volvo r wagon (yea I know sell it) but she heard a thud. Amazingly volvo placed a rear resionator skid plate that was at just the right angle and it caught the pavement and it just ripped out the exhaust/driveshaft/tranny. Dealership knew the plates are a problem but can't remove them because some of them don't cause or "hit anything" Still waiting to see the damage in $$ for that and oh yea its not covered by warranty since it was damaged via the driver. Major design flaw there, but still po'ed about it. I guess the moral of the story is that all cars cost bucks.

I won't tell the wifie about your 12k tranny idea, just bad jou-jouu.

thanks for sharin,
Bill in colorado

DuckWingDuck
January 30th, 2008, 05:43
Well, it is crazy but at the same time, it's not as if everybody is going around getting new transmissions :D