PDA

View Full Version : Just collected the S5.

Leadfoot
January 21st, 2008, 20:03
Hi guys,

Just collected the S5 from the dealers today, the car is WAY better than I could have hoped for, it drives like a dream and it's quality is way ahead of the old S4 which I might add was just perfect. It feels a bit stronger than the mere 10Hp increase that Audi are claiming, me thinks this is the torque coming into play.

The ride is quite firm, more than I remembered but in a good way and never harsh. I love the way 'Cruise Control' now works, when you push it up to increase the speed it shows on the centre display to inform you what it will increase to (1 push = 1 mph), that's neat.

From a in-car stereo back ground the B&O is living up to the hype afforded to it, the quality and clarity of sound is truly amazing when you consider the price, BMW's HK system isn't even close to this and I might add cost even more. I must have option for anyone remotely interested in their music.

P.S. As I was late getting home haven't had time to take photos but promise to do so tomorrow and post them.

P.S.2 The colour is mint, apart from a R8 I doubt there would be a car that would turn as many heads.

P.S.3 Did I say I was impressed with the car. :D

Audifan92
January 21st, 2008, 20:08
Congrats!
and true, it does turn heads
I was with my uncle and every where we go people are looking and pointing

KarlMarx
January 21st, 2008, 20:39
Very pleased for you. Looking forward to the pics. Interested to hear about the B&O as I'm considering that for the RS6.

Congrats Leadie.

Leadfoot
January 21st, 2008, 20:47
Very pleased for you. Looking forward to the pics. Interested to hear about the B&O as I'm considering that for the RS6.

Congrats Leadie.

Mate the B&O is very impressive and knowing as I do how much you normally have to spend to achieve similar quality (not quantity) this system is a real bargain. I had the Bose system in the Q7 and it too was impressive but it should be because of the sheer size of interior space, more space equals fuller deeper sounds and usually better placement but the S5's B&O system is even more precise with the placement of instruments and has almost as deep of sounds.

I can't think of a system out there at the moment which comes close to equalling this quality at the price, Lexus is better but then you are paying a hack of a lot more for the pleasure.

MPT
January 21st, 2008, 21:15
Congrats Leadie :thumb:

What a great car. And i must admit, after seeing Tommy@Rival's Sprint blue, i really think it looks sick. The color must also take a bit of the "blame" for the attention, i guess. Black/silver would have been a bit more neutral.

Did you btw go for red or black leather seats, and CF trim? 19" stock wheels?

Can't wait for pic's. Please take some of your interior too :).

Regards.

Ruergard
January 21st, 2008, 22:13
What can I say, big congratulations! Nice to hear that you enjoy the new ride, can't wait for some pics! :)

Great to hear about the B&O, must be neat!

roadrunner
January 21st, 2008, 22:52
Finaly your wait is over :applause:

Enjoy your new S5 and don't get too attached, otherwise the "parting" for the M3 might be in danger :hihi: - just kidding :cheers:

This car IS phenomenal :burnout:

By the way - the S5 "plays fine music" without the audio on as well. I loved it.

cheers
seb.

ZeroCool
January 21st, 2008, 23:00

Congrats Leadie.

is it possible to order B&O for the RS6? I thought that they don't offer for the A6 - B&O ... just BOSE?

but could be that i'm wrong...?!

@Leadie...

Congrats, really a wonderful car - i drove it - just for 1 hour - but that was enough :)
Lot's of fun...

Looking forward to see the pics :)

artur777
January 21st, 2008, 23:02
Congrats!

We all are awaiting for the photo report ;-)))

Benman
January 21st, 2008, 23:50
Congrats Leadie!:cheers: Looking forward to pics when you get a chance. :D

Best,

Ben:addict:

LU-RS6
January 22nd, 2008, 01:06
Pics / Photos / Images / jpg's / Videos

Comon man!! :dance::dance::dance:

BigRick
January 22nd, 2008, 02:47
I hope you'll have a lot of fun with that new baby!

Congrats.... and don't forget the pics... it's been almost seven hours since you posted your first comments. What are you waiting for :)

Well, sorry, patience has never been very long when it comes to cars :hahahehe:

Cheers!

MihokS5
January 22nd, 2008, 03:14
Congrats Leadfoot! The Sprint Blue is a real stunner...so many looks!!

The RS6
January 22nd, 2008, 07:23
Ahh the long wait finaly ended...

Congrats Leadie! Show us some pics ASAP :)

KresoF1
January 22nd, 2008, 08:40
Hi guys,

Just collected the S5 from the dealers today, the car is WAY better than I could have hoped for, it drives like a dream and it's quality is way ahead of the old S4 which I might add was just perfect. It feels a bit stronger than the mere 10Hp increase that Audi are claiming, me thinks this is the torque coming into play.

The ride is quite firm, more than I remembered but in a good way and never harsh. I love the way 'Cruise Control' now works, when you push it up to increase the speed it shows on the centre display to inform you what it will increase to (1 push = 1 mph), that's neat.

From a in-car stereo back ground the B&O is living up to the hype afforded to it, the quality and clarity of sound is truly amazing when you consider the price, BMW's HK system isn't even close to this and I might add cost even more. I must have option for anyone remotely interested in their music.

P.S. As I was late getting home haven't had time to take photos but promise to do so tomorrow and post them.

P.S.2 The colour is mint, apart from a R8 I doubt there would be a car that would turn as many heads.

P.S.3 Did I say I was impressed with the car. :D

Leadie,

Congrats mate! S5 is excellent car-you know my opinion.
Enjoy it!

Regarding B&O Sound system sorry to say but, there is something better-Individual Sound system for BMW M3. I tried it few days ago and IMHO it is way better then B&O in S5. Not a small thing since B&O in S5 is a very good system. But, as a audiophile(with home system more expensive then your S5) I can honestly say that Individual system in M3 is better(and for €2100 it must be better!)...

Leadfoot
January 22nd, 2008, 09:13
KersoF1,

Remember I did say for the money there was nothing that came close, in the UK the S5 B&O system costs roughly a third of the M3 system you are mentioning.

P.S.

I am interested in your home system though as a fan of home audio as much as car I would love to here your combination, is it purely stereo or is there a home theatre setup in there as well. The best home theatre I have heard to date is a McIntosh system costing in excess of a £200,000, extreme YES, impressive YESSSSSSSSS.

Anyway here's some photos I took last night, will post more today.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/Footlead/DSC00009.jpg
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/Footlead/DSC00007.jpg
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/Footlead/DSC00006.jpg
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/Footlead/DSC00005.jpg

Rage
January 22nd, 2008, 09:21
Congrats....very nice.

roadrunner
January 22nd, 2008, 12:51
I looooove the carbon trim - great interiour :cheers:

AndyBG
January 22nd, 2008, 13:04
Finaly you get it !

Congrat's, use it good health !!!

:cheers:

Leadfoot
January 22nd, 2008, 17:04
As promised, some more photos. Weather was shit.:snow:

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/Footlead/AudiS5side.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/Footlead/AudiS5rear.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/Footlead/AudiS5Front.jpg

Phage
January 22nd, 2008, 17:38
Great looking car. Even in the shitty weather!

JavierNuvolari
January 22nd, 2008, 18:17
Ho...I really really like that colour in the S5, looks very nice Leady, congrats on he purchase!!

Ps. I hate you.
haha...just kidding mate:cheers:

Ruergard
January 22nd, 2008, 18:23
Looks awesome man! Congratz once again! :)

+44 Dave
January 22nd, 2008, 18:25
I think the fact the car looks good even in such weather is amazing. I think its one of the most stand out cars on the road the S5, particularly in that weather, of an evening coming home when its murky and i see the little underlining LED's sparkling by in the opposite direction, it really looks great and special compared even to my RS6 :cry:

Hope your having a lot of fun with the first few days. And it will a hassle free running in period !

By the way i would love if you posted some pictures of the LED's on. :jlol:

Congrats !

Audiphile
January 22nd, 2008, 19:04
Congrats Leadie! An amazing car. The color fits perfectly. Enjoy :thumb:

itisme
January 22nd, 2008, 19:17
I think the fact the car looks good even in such weather is amazing. I think its one of the most stand out cars on the road the S5, particularly in that weather, of an evening coming home when its murky and i see the little underlining LED's sparkling by in the opposite direction, it really looks great and special compared even to my RS6 :cry:

nevertheless you are the king of the road with a RS6 Avant Plus :heart: :love2: :heart:

:rs6kiss:

Leadfoot
January 22nd, 2008, 23:44

I try as sort that out tomorrow if I remember. I will also post a photo of them on at night which I reckon will look cool.

P.S.

Based on how much different/better the S5 drives compared to the B7 S4 I reckon we will be in for a pleasant surprise when the RS5 arrives. It's a lot more willing to change direction than the S4 ever did and it's close in style in the way it drives to the RS4. I can only imagine what it will be like with DRCIII, S/Tronic, Sport Diff and 480hp.................:love2:

HKS786
January 22nd, 2008, 23:54
Lovin the S5 bro! absolutely beautiful. Pics dont do it any justice though! 480bhp eh? you didnt sound hesitant at all there, care to tell more? :jlol: :hihi:

Leadfoot
January 23rd, 2008, 00:06
Lovin the S5 bro! absolutely beautiful. Pics dont do it any justice though! 480bhp eh? you didnt sound hesitant at all there, care to tell more? :jlol: :hihi:

Simple maths mate. ;)

If the RS5 get a 4.0L Bi-turbo unit closely based on the RS6 then you do the maths which is as so,

600ps (Believed real figure) divided by 5 (5.0L engine) multipled by 4 (4.0L engine) equal 480ps. :D

And in any case if it's not the above engine then chances are it a N/A 5.0v10 and Audi will want to maintain close to the 100hp/litre and then again 480hp sounds quite possible.

Any questions. ;)

HKS786
January 23rd, 2008, 00:19
Oops. I remember having that discussion with you. I'm in total agreement with you that it is very likely to see a 4.0 TFSI based on the new RS6 engine. Also, it would have roughly 480bhp and would have amazing torque figures.

I just thought the way you said 480bhp that you had it confirmed from a source and "slipped up". :hihi:

Leadfoot
January 23rd, 2008, 00:30
Oops. I remember having that discussion with you. I'm in total agreement with you that it is very likely to see a 4.0 TFSI based on the new RS6 engine. Also, it would have roughly 480bhp and would have amazing torque figures.

I just thought the way you said 480bhp that you had it confirmed from a source and "slipped up". :hihi:

Mate, since that production model release paper made it on to the web things have dried up a bit, though not completely as I did see something to do with the TTS ahead of the dealer. :hahahehe:

Regarding the RS5, I has been told things that do hint to this type of output figure and have been told estimated torque figure which would put the M3 in the shade if not the C63.

Trust me the RS5 will be the real deal and will be a leap forward compared to the RS4 which in other words will mean it easily better than the M3, but then again would you be expecting anything different from Audi. :D

HKS786
January 23rd, 2008, 01:20
To answer your question: no I wouldnt expect anything different from Audi ;) I think you just need to look at their recent models and future plans to see where they are going.

On top of that, given what you've been saying about the RS5 I have even more confidence that it will be a mind-blower. I knew you said "480bhp" for a reason, I'm sure the "things" you've been hearing are 100% ;)

Leadfoot
January 23rd, 2008, 11:42

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/Footlead/S5atnight.jpg

As required Dave. :thumb:

AndyBG
January 23rd, 2008, 13:46
Mean lookin' Leadie... :D

JavierNuvolari
January 23rd, 2008, 14:51
Cool pic mate, and nice plate ;).

KarlMarx
January 23rd, 2008, 15:17
:cool2::incar::cool2:

+44 Dave
January 23rd, 2008, 17:19
I dont know about you guys, but that just makes me take a deep breath in seeing those, devil :king: or angel :love2: eyes coming out of the dark. Bloody perfect.
Great car and hope you have a lot of fun in it. Keep us updated with stories and things about it ! Beating M3's...you know :hihi:

Leadfoot
January 23rd, 2008, 17:53
I dont know about you guys, but that just makes me take a deep breath in seeing those, devil :king: or angel :love2: eyes coming out of the dark. Bloody perfect.
Great car and hope you have a lot of fun in it. Keep us updated with stories and things about it ! Beating M3's...you know :hihi:

Dave,

I am so smitten with the car that in a couple of week I intend to go to the BMW dealer where the M3 deposit is laid and get a drive in their demo M3, when I place my deposit it was back at the middle of October the only time I had driven the S5 was once in the summer. But now having driven the S5 for the last three days I can tell you that the M3 will have to be as good as I remembered to make me change because this car is brilliant in every way. The ride has been improved from the early examples and it now feels like a low sleek RS4, the steering is good, as good as the M3 in any case and the power feels a lot more than only the 10hp it has over my S4.

The only down side is economy, at the minute even driving easy it's hard to break into the twenties.:MTM: But everything else is better than I expected.

P.S.

The looks are to die for, seriously no photo shot you have seen does it justice and it does deserve the title of the classiest coupe in this sector.

quattro Gmbh
January 23rd, 2008, 19:50
congrats.

did you get dynamic steering?

Leadfoot
January 23rd, 2008, 20:38
congrats.

did you get dynamic steering?

Standard in the UK.

HKS786
January 23rd, 2008, 20:41
Dave,

I am so smitten with the car that in a couple of week I intend to go to the BMW dealer where the M3 deposit is laid and get a drive in their demo M3, when I place my deposit it was back at the middle of October the only time I had driven the S5 was once in the summer. But now having driven the S5 for the last three days I can tell you that the M3 will have to be as good as I remembered to make me change because this car is brilliant in every way. The ride has been improved from the early examples and it now feels like a low sleek RS4, the steering is good, as good as the M3 in any case and the power feels a lot more than only the 10hp it has over my S4.

The only down side is economy, at the minute even driving easy it's hard to break into the twenties.:MTM: But everything else is better than I expected.

P.S.

The looks are to die for, seriously no photo shot you have seen does it justice and it does deserve the title of the classiest coupe in this sector.

Very very good to hear Leadie! I totally agree on looks. I seen a black S5 at night and fell in love. I dont even like black that much because it hides a lot of bodywork and details. I can only imagine it in Sprintblue...I think the S5 looks better than the M3 even though it's not a direct competitor. S5 looks so much more exotic and aggressive.

Cargo8
January 24th, 2008, 04:02
nice pics!
but your steering wheel is on the right side... i mean the wrong side. =]

just out of curiosity, is 1st gear still closest to you and away? (that is for you it would be all the way right and up)

KarlMarx
January 24th, 2008, 10:29
No - first is left (away) and up. A while ago I drove in Switzerland and lost count of the number of times I went to change gear without thinking using my left hand and ended up hitting the door instead...:doh:

Leadfoot
January 24th, 2008, 13:22
No - first is left (away) and up. A while ago I drove in Switzerland and lost count of the number of times I went to change gear without thinking using my left hand and ended up hitting the door instead...:doh:

At least you didn't do what I did the first time I was in the States. I opened the right-hand door which of course was the passenger door.........what a dick. :lovl:

KresoF1
January 24th, 2008, 17:27
Standard in the UK.

Are you 100% sure that Dynamic steering is standard in UK? I think it is not...

Or you mistaken Servotronic for Dynamic steering... Since Drive Select is mandatory with Dynamic Steering...

Leadfoot
January 24th, 2008, 17:52
Are you 100% sure that Dynamic steering is standard in UK? I think it is not...

Or you mistaken Servotronic for Dynamic steering... Since Drive Select is mandatory with Dynamic Steering...

You are correct, I wasn't reading the question right and I know servotronic wasn't standard in Europe but was in the UK. Drive Select isn't even available in the UK as of yet but is in Europe, Audi UK at times as slow to react but to be honest the S5 drives so well that I find either the suspension or steering options would be money wasted.

Rutkowsky
January 25th, 2008, 13:52
Congrats again Leadie! Nice plate too. It seems like you really enjoy S5.. I guess no plans for M3 then?

Leadfoot
January 25th, 2008, 15:12
Congrats again Leadie! Nice plate too. It seems like you really enjoy S5.. I guess no plans for M3 then?

Thanks. :thumb:

As for the getting the M3, it's deposit is still down at at present I am still getting one. Though driving the S5 has put some doubts in my mind which I will address with a drive in the dealer's demo car.

One thing is for sure, the S5 is brilliant in every way and the RS5 will be much more so..............I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Leadfoot
January 25th, 2008, 15:47
Rutkowsky,

To be honest with you the M3 would have to be shit not to change and I know that this isn't the case but the S5 is even better than I expected so I am interested to see if the M3 is as good as I remember.

Will post in a couple of weeks and give an honest verdict as always. :cheers:

Leadfoot
February 8th, 2008, 20:17
As promised I went and had a good drive in the new M3 now that I have had the S5 for a few weeks, just to see if my opinion of the M3 was still correct.

Well to cut a long story short the answer was a loud and clear YES. The two cars are a world apart in driving feel which really surprised me but this is not to say that the S5 is bad only that they are totally different in their approach.

Handling: Where the S5 feels rock solid and takes every corner with confidence regardless if it's wet or dry that is not how the M3 feels, it's feels much lighter on it's feet regardless of what the scales say, this no doubt is down to only being two wheel drive but because of this the thing feels far more darty. Though it was still a bit cold the road surface was dry and it's nose is locked to the surface even better than the S5, where as the S5 you wait till the nose grips and then floor it, with the M3 you know the grip is there from the off but unlike the Audi you can't dump the throttle in the same way, well you can but the lights on the dash tell you that was a waste of time. In other words it doesn't have the same traction. I doubt I would have been as confident to have taken the DSC off and driven it in the same way as I would the S5, so to the unfamiliar I still reckon the S5 is the quicker car.

Ride: Sorry guys but the M3 with EDC is more comfortable in two of the three mode, the only one where it's plain hard is in sport. Even in comfort mode it doesn't lean in the corners as much as the S5, so anyone considering a new A4/5 and can order the Audi Select Drive suspension option take note, it's worth it.

Brakes & gearbox: I prefer the brakes on the Audi but preferred the gearbox on the BMW. The latter may be down to not having an awd system attached or that my car had less miles but on down shifts into second it didn't snatch the same. The brakes are stronger in the M3 but bite differently, maybe I am just use to the Audi brakes more but in normal use I preferred their action.

Performance: The biggest surprise was the performance difference or should I say the lack of it. The S5 in normal driving does feel stronger, I know the figure tell a difference story but on part throttle at 20mph in say 3rd gear (round town driving) the M3 doesn't have the pick up of the S5, or the 335i for that matter. It only when you are really stoking the thing does it feel like a true 420hp beast and this also applies to it's noise.

Interior: It's no Audi that is for sure but the example I was in had the full extended leather treatment and in it's Fox Red it looked way better than any other 3 series I have ever seen, it's a much better colour than Audi Red, well that is unless you happen to like a very bright red as Fox Red is not that. The double hooded dash isn't as pretty as the S5, in fact the Audi is in a different class apart from the fact it doesn't have as nice a colour as this in it's range, something Audi needs to look at.

Looks: This is one area that Audi have BMW well and truly licked. My S5 looks way better than any 3 series coupe and this includes the M3. Unless white makes a world of difference to it's looks and it's sitting beside a dark coloured S5 it's the Audi that will be getting all of the looks from passer-bys.

Finally, is there enough that is better than the S5 to make me consider the change. You will have to wait and see. :hahahehe:

AndyBG
February 9th, 2008, 03:02
We will stay tuned. :D

Great write-up ! :thumb:

raulg
February 9th, 2008, 04:09
Nice comparison.

Clearly the Select Drive Suspension is a must, I learned that from driving the TT and the R8.

KresoF1
February 9th, 2008, 11:31
Nice comparison.

Clearly the Select Drive Suspension is a must, I learned that from driving the TT and the R8.

Actually Magnetic Ride option on TT and R8 do not have anything common with Active Dampers on Drive Select option on A4/A5/S5. In fact I tested few days ago A4 3.0TDI with full Drive Select options(Active Dampers and Dynamic Steering) and hated it all the way. Why? First Dynamic Steering is pure POS IMHO. It is very similat to flawed BMW system in feel(it feels playstation like to me). Second, different throttle remaping is simply wrong thing(and I hate it on new M3 as well). I like singe throttle maping as on manual R8! You simply get different throttle travel with different setttings(BUT, available power is always the same). Third, Active dampers setup is in comparison with Magnetic Ride on TT or R8 pretty strange. It feels almost too soft in comfort but, overly stiff in Sport. In short normal S5(like the one that Leadie owns) is way better car then one filled with optional gimmicks, at least IMHO...

raulg
February 9th, 2008, 22:04
Actually Magnetic Ride option on TT and R8 do not have anything common with Active Dampers on Drive Select option on A4/A5/S5. In fact I tested few days ago A4 3.0TDI with full Drive Select options(Active Dampers and Dynamic Steering) and hated it all the way. Why? First Dynamic Steering is pure POS IMHO. It is very similat to flawed BMW system in feel(it feels playstation like to me). Second, different throttle remaping is simply wrong thing(and I hate it on new M3 as well). I like singe throttle maping as on manual R8! You simply get different throttle travel with different setttings(BUT, available power is always the same). Third, Active dampers setup is in comparison with Magnetic Ride on TT or R8 pretty strange. It feels almost too soft in comfort but, overly stiff in Sport. In short normal S5(like the one that Leadie owns) is way better car then one filled with optional gimmicks, at least IMHO...

Not talking about dynamic steering, altough other people didn't complain about it, said much better than the bimmer solution. Doesn't feel disconnected, but now you are telling us something else. I guess I'll have to drive the car to see what I feel about it :)

I was only refering to the adjustable suspension setup, which I am sure it will be fine for me, I will find my own settings. Same for steering, throttle and so on ... adjust to what you like and just keep it there. But a soft suspension is a must when having "lexus" people on my rear seats (or my parents-old!) and I like having the option to switch from a soft ride to a more sport oriented one with a push of a button.

Different reviews said the car has a much better ride than current A4, because of the new chassis (with longer wheelbase) and of the new dynamic suspension.

The Pretender
February 9th, 2008, 22:30
The new M3 does nothing to me, nothing special IMHO.

Jarod.

Leadfoot
February 9th, 2008, 22:47
I can't comment on KersoF1's opinion as he has driven the systems in a car and I haven't. I can understand what he is saying about dynamic steering because if it's remotely similar to BMW's system then it will be awful but I was under the impression that the Audi system placed corrective steer when a slide happens or was about to happen which I believe is different to the BMW system. Throttle adjustments are something I can't get my head around, why offer a different setting? I don't agree that the suspension option is a waste as based on my experience of the M3's setup I see the point for having a soft setup and a more sporty one, unless Audi have made a balls up I would definitely tick that box.

I think what we have here when the whole package is picked is an equavilant setup to what BMW offer with their M button. You basically customise you car to the way you want it to behave.

Won't know if it works until I try it.

Rutkowsky
February 9th, 2008, 22:48
The new M3 does nothing to me, nothing special IMHO.

Jarod.

And you have driven/tested it extensively? Also is it performance or looks that don't apeal to you?

Rutkowsky
February 9th, 2008, 22:50
So Leadie, will the M3 be in your driveway anytime soon or Audi all the way? By the way - Nice write up

Leadfoot
February 9th, 2008, 23:12
So Leadie, will the M3 be in your driveway anytime soon or Audi all the way? By the way - Nice write up

Well you will have to wait and see just like the rest of them. ;)

But even if I do change, my name is already down for the first RS5 to hit the dealer's showroom so it will be short lived.

The Pretender
February 9th, 2008, 23:22
And you have driven/tested it extensively? Also is it performance or looks that don't apeal to you?
No i have not driven/tested it, why drive/test a car that does nothing to me, it's a pure waste of time.
The Nissan GT-R is a different story though.

Jarod.

Leadfoot
February 10th, 2008, 21:19
No i have not driven/tested it, why drive/test a car that does nothing to me, it's a pure waste of time.
The Nissan GT-R is a different story though.

Jarod.

I understand why you like the idea of the GTR, it's a technical master piece, but I do think that there is lots to like about the new M3, it's not your typical M product in so far as this time round the thing drives like a polished product when not being thrashed and is bloody great when it is. I know I have said this before but you really do have to hear that engine as it approaches the 8000rpm because it does have something special going on, the RS4 up to 5000rpm is the more musical but after this point the M3 steals the show.

Compared to either the RS4 and even more so the GTR it's got a more old school appeal what with it's rwd setup but in conjunction with the M-diff and M-dynamic mode there is enough techno wizardry going on to keep most people wondering how does it do that and get away with it.

Even if you does like the product/brand I recommend always trying the competition if only to see if the brand you prefer is still up to scratch. :cheers:

Mockenrue
February 11th, 2008, 12:24
How do you think the M3's build quality (overall fit and finish, interior etc.) stacked up against that of your S5? This is one area where Audi have the upper hand on BMW right across the range IMO. I also think the paint quality is inferior; the new black M3 I sat in recently had terrible 'orange peel'.

Leadfoot
February 11th, 2008, 13:31
How do you think the M3's build quality (overall fit and finish, interior etc.) stacked up against that of your S5? This is one area where Audi have the upper hand on BMW right across the range IMO. I also think the paint quality is inferior; the new black M3 I sat in recently had terrible 'orange peel'.

On both the actual fit/materials and the paint finish I would agree that Audi is better on both counts. Though I am unsure if Audi and any more reliable than BMW, from my experience I have had problems with both brands.

LU-RS6
May 23rd, 2008, 00:58
How were the past months? Big smile on your face huh :hihi:

I am dying to see more pictures of this masterpiece!

Leadfoot
May 23rd, 2008, 16:24
How were the past months? Big smile on your face huh :hihi:

I am dying to see more pictures of this masterpiece!

It's meant to be good weather tomorrow so I'll wash the car and get a few nice shots run off. Though it will be Monday when I get back to the office before I can upload the pics.

I will keep the photos from a distance as it needs a polish and it's flanks are covered in tar, I'm just to bone lazy for not polishing the thing sooner. :blush:

P.S.
The car is starting to loosen up and starting to really fly. I can't believe just how much quicker it feels to that of the S4.

LU-RS6
May 23rd, 2008, 16:37
It's meant to be good weather tomorrow so I'll wash the car and get a few nice shots run off. Though it will be Monday when I get back to the office before I can upload the pics.

I will keep the photos from a distance as it needs a polish and it's flanks are covered in tar, I'm just to bone lazy for not polishing the thing sooner. :blush:

P.S.
The car is starting to loosen up and starting to really fly. I can't believe just how much quicker it feels to that of the S4.

Great to hear you're enjoying, but hadn't expected anything else to be frank :hihi:

Looking forward to the pics!

Leadfoot
May 27th, 2008, 14:13
Great to hear you're enjoying, but hadn't expected anything else to be frank :hihi:

Looking forward to the pics!

Sorry for the delay but as yesterday was a bank holiday I chose to sit in the back garden and sun myself. Anyway here the photos as required.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/Footlead/DSC00092.jpg
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/Footlead/DSC00093.jpg
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh269/Footlead/DSC00094.jpg

P.S.
The best Audi I have every owned so far and the improvement to the chassis are a definite bonus to both the handling and more importantly the ride.

HKS786
May 27th, 2008, 16:30
Leadie that looks bloody brilliant. Pics dont do it justice. The S5 looks so good on the road, I love it's low/wide stance. It has much more class than most coupes out today and has presence equal to the M3 (yes the M3). Bring on the RS5 ;)

BigRick
May 28th, 2008, 00:01
Is this more like how it looked in real life?

From what I remember of sprint blue, I think this is more like it

http://www.ebisolutions.ca/S5/DSC00093.jpg

Leadfoot
May 28th, 2008, 00:14
Rick,

You are correct it is bluer than my photos, they were a bit of a disappointment when I downloaded them but it's a shitie camera phone and I didn't have a photoshop package on the computer which had the connection to the phone, so what can I say, shot me.

Not blowing my own trumpet but Sprint Blue on a bright sunny day is the ultimate colour for any car.

HKS786
May 28th, 2008, 00:18
So what colour you getting on the M3 Leadie? If you're into blues maybe Interlagos Blue would have been the one for you. I like AW, IB, SG and SSII. I think I'd take Silverstone II over the rest ;)

Leadfoot
May 28th, 2008, 14:46
So what colour you getting on the M3 Leadie? If you're into blues maybe Interlagos Blue would have been the one for you. I like AW, IB, SG and SSII. I think I'd take Silverstone II over the rest ;)

At the time the order is on hold until I see how the market is. With the way prices are jumping at a stead rate I reckon selling a car could be difficult and putting £50K+ in a car might not be the wisest decision to make.

But if I do decide to go for one I think white will be my choice.

Damienr8
May 28th, 2008, 16:13
Nice Car. Awesome Color Leadie!!!

RXBG
May 28th, 2008, 19:08
congratulations leadfoot. sprint blue is a gorgeous color, especially in not-so-sunny areas. cameras can rarely collect its entire beauty in one shot. it has to be seen to be believed, especially at dusk. with those LEDs on you'll be a hit at that time of day (any time really).

i wish i had a backyard with something like an old building of some sort. just lends an air of elegance to the place. nothing like the old world.

enjoy it in good health. that car should be a keeper at least until the RS5 comes out in about 1.5 yrs....

Benman
May 28th, 2008, 19:12
At the time the order is on hold until I see how the market is. With the way prices are jumping at a stead rate I reckon selling a car could be difficult and putting £50K+ in a car might not be the wisest decision to make.

But if I do decide to go for one I think white will be my choice.

You are definately on to something there. :cheers:

Ben:addict:

Leadfoot
May 28th, 2008, 22:50
congratulations leadfoot. sprint blue is a gorgeous color, especially in not-so-sunny areas. cameras can rarely collect its entire beauty in one shot. it has to be seen to be believed, especially at dusk. with those LEDs on you'll be a hit at that time of day (any time really).

i wish i had a backyard with something like an old building of some sort. just lends an air of elegance to the place. nothing like the old world.

enjoy it in good health. that car should be a keeper at least until the RS5 comes out in about 1.5 yrs....

Sadly all that elegance came at a price because buying a decent site in the country isn't cheap and garden takes two f'ing hours to cut, even with a ride-on lawnmover.
I wonder how I can get a V8 in that and a set of LED lights. :hihi:

My intention is to rebuild the outbuildings and turn them into a summer house for one and an art studio for myself with the other.

P.S.
I don't see myself getting the RS5 unless economically things change for the better in the next year or so, but I do see myself in the TT/RS, that thing is right up my alley. :thumb:

M3 owner
June 22nd, 2008, 06:18
Congratulations mate, awesome colour! The last time i was here you had placed an order for her. I bet the wait wasn't difficult. :lovl: I have only been back in Sydney for a few days now & lost count of the number of S5’s I have seen on the road. I can never tire of seeing this car, absolutely gorgeous yet so masculine.
Speaking of the TT RS, there are a ridiculous amount of TT’s on the roads as well. When i left Sydney every car was a BMW now it’s an Audi. I even saw an R8 the other day.

Leadfoot
June 23rd, 2008, 18:20
Tried the S5 from 0-60mph and 0-100 to see how much quicker it was to the S4. Now remember it with a stopwatch so these figures may be off slightly and it's from the speedo reading. I will need to check it accuracy out against the wife Garman.

Anyway, 4.7s and 11.4s. I was well impressed.

M3 owner
June 24th, 2008, 01:39
Audi Australia claims that 0-100KM is done in 5.1 so your figures are consistent with their claims. How much mileage have you done so far? Can u feel that the engine has opened up or is it still tight?

BTW, I read the joke you posted about the family of prostitutes. :lovl:

Leadfoot
June 24th, 2008, 09:00
Believe or not, the car is still quite tight, it's only got 3300 miles on it and based on my S4 it took closer to 9000 miles before the beast within was fully released. I'm expecting this car to be the same at which point I intend to seek out an M3 or two.

M3 owner
June 26th, 2008, 00:27
Just make sure it isn’t a rolling start race. :lovl: