PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling my GIAC ECU!!!

RS6 POWER
January 19th, 2008, 12:51
Hi Guys:
I seriously thinking of selling my GIAC ECU...anybody interested???
I may going with Revo.

Regards,
Manuel

rs-mad
January 19th, 2008, 14:38
Hi Guys:
I seriously thinking of selling my GIAC ECU...anybody interested???
I may going with Revo.

Regards,
Manuel

Hi,

How did you go with the Water/Methanol Injection System?

Also why are you considering changing from GIAC to REVO? I tried both among other's also.

RS-MAD

JP4
January 20th, 2008, 22:58
Hi,

Also why are you considering changing from GIAC to REVO? I tried both among other's also.

RS-MAD

Please contact me with specifics on your ECU via PM

RS6 POWER
January 22nd, 2008, 14:55
Please contact me with specifics on your ECU via PM
PM sent!

RS6 POWER
January 22nd, 2008, 14:58
Hi,

RS-MAD
30AWH were gained with the water/meth.
Regarding the Revo change I want to fine tune my car and the with the GIAC I can't..what they send you is what you get.

Regards,
Manuel

DuckWingDuck
January 22nd, 2008, 16:43
S42SKI has the revo flash and he loves it, I know Copper is a great fan. I have to agree, the versatility of the revo is what might push me over the edge!

Copper
January 22nd, 2008, 20:36
I will load the software and take a few pics of the software "screen shot" soon.

So far no issues. I go on a long business trip the week of Feb 4th. I'm going to see how my MPG average is on the first tank of fuel with the REVO Flash active on it's current "Program 2" and then check the MPG on the next tank of fuel with the Revo Flash back to "Stock/Deactitivated"

It will be interesting to see if there is a fuel consumption difference.

I like that I can set it back to stock before taking the car to a dealer (like it is right now at Jim Ellis, Marietta getting the peeling interior pieces replaced under warranty) or for long business trips, etc.

There are a couple of other RS6 owners that I know also have REVO but I won't say who since they fear the "transmission police" on this board and the AW board will jump all over them.

choppo
January 22nd, 2008, 23:20
There are a couple of other RS6 owners that I know also have REVO but I won't say who since they fear the "transmission police" on this board and the AW board will jump all over them.

LOL
1st time I have seen it said quite so "eloquently" .

melsas
January 23rd, 2008, 01:20
Copper:
Re: replacement of peeling interior pieces, is this under extended warranty or base? I was told it was "normal" wear,not a base warranty item.

Copper
January 23rd, 2008, 02:59
Hi, Covered under the base warranty. RS6 #2 still has factory warranty until March 2008 so i'm getting as much done as possible before then.

RS6 #1 is under CPO warranty and they said no to that one under CPO but I'm pushing and they are considering it. I will know for sure this week.

This is a "gray" area with wear and tear. I did the whole "I paid $53K for this car used and my clients look at the crappy worn interior bits on a 22K mile car!" They didn't put up any fight at all.

Good luck and push hard. Get your Audi Regional involved if possible. Take pictures and have them email them to the RSM for review.

Can't wait to pick it up the Revo RS6in a couple of days. This stock RS6 with *only* 450HP is so pedestrian.....

Good luck!

i_am_Waz
January 23rd, 2008, 03:29
Can't wait to pick it up the Revo RS6in a couple of days. This stock RS6 with *only* 450HP is so pedestrian.....

Uh~ Someone is spoiled! :king:

Wish I had your problems! :lovl:

Waz :rs6kiss:

Ignorance is not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better and doing it anyway. I have no patience with stupidity.

choppo
January 23rd, 2008, 14:45
Good luck and push hard. Get your Audi Regional involved if possible. Take pictures and have them email them to the RSM for review.
Good luck!

As far as "Get your Audi Regional involved if possible" is the truth Good Luck.

Depends on his day LOL and where the moon is in relationship to mars :)
(sarcasm above but truth )

I have talked to him and though he talks a BIG game, he is just like the rest of them bias in there decisions to the company that pays them.

If you think any diffirent consider yourself in same situation and who you will be loyal to , audi or the schmuck who bought the car.

I know that for a fact because I delt with the guy for quite a while ( 3 to 6 months ) on a issue on my RS6 and he just gave up on the problem and so did Audi.

It was a gas tank /sendor/ guage issue.

rs-mad
January 24th, 2008, 11:11
30AWH were gained with the water/meth.
Regarding the Revo change I want to fine tune my car and the with the GIAC I can't..what they send you is what you get.

Regards,
Manuel

Manuel,

PM me if you would like some insight into what you class as "fine tuning"

Regards,
RS-MAD

RS6 POWER
January 24th, 2008, 14:02
Manuel,

PM me if you would like some insight into what you class as "fine tuning"

Regards,
RS-MAD
Thank for your offer, but I want to go with Revo they have a local office in the US that i can contact if I have any problems...from what I see you are the the only here with the DNA tune.

Thanks,
Manuel

rs-mad
January 25th, 2008, 07:46
Manuel I wasnt offering the DNA Tune I was simply going to let you know that the REVO "fine tuning" as you put isnt that fine at all, the timing adjustment increases the entire timing curve by the amount you select so it may feel better in the low/mid rpm's but up top it will PING causing the ECU to pull timing and hence loosing power this is assuming they don't turn Knock Control OFF.

Regards,
RS-MAD

RS6 POWER
January 25th, 2008, 12:25
Manuel I wasnt offering the DNA Tune I was simply going to let you know that the REVO "fine tuning" as you put isnt that fine at all, the timing adjustment increases the entire timing curve by the amount you select so it may feel better in the low/mid rpm's but up top it will PING causing the ECU to pull timing and hence loosing power this is assuming they don't turn Knock Control OFF.

Regards,
RS-MAD
Ok...so would you recomend me telling Revo some specific stuff like your are indicating?

Thanks,
Manuel

rs-mad
January 25th, 2008, 12:27
RS6 Manuel - Only way to do it properly is to have a custom tune and if you do this I would also recommend running straight methanol instead of water/methanol as this will give you the best cooling and power.

RS-MAD

RS6 POWER
January 25th, 2008, 15:19
RS6 Manuel - Only way to do it properly is to have a custom tune and if you do this I would also recommend running straight methanol instead of water/methanol as this will give you the best cooling and power.

RS-MAD
Ok...who could do a custom tune for me here in the US?

Thanks,
Manuel

rs-mad
January 26th, 2008, 03:51
In the US I cant recommend anyone as I havent used them. If you get stuck and need some help PM me

RS-MAD

1FST4Dr
February 13th, 2008, 17:28
I would be interested in the GIAC, how much are you asking?