PDA

View Full Version : Audi A8 Gallerys and Videos

Erik
June 23rd, 2003, 12:47
Some nice information about the Audi A8

http://www.audiusa.com/model_gallery/0,,contentType-25_modelId-200413_status-P_countrycode-1_,00.html

Aragorn
June 29th, 2003, 15:42
The car looks fabulous, especially the bronze one. Initially, I wasn't too fond of the design, but seeing the car in person made me appreciate it all the more!

Maybe--and hopefully--the new A8 will sell better than the previous generation, which I have rarely seen on U.S. roads; I think that Audi sold less than 3,000 vehicles of that very restrained, borderline anonymous, model per year. Speaking of which, does anyone have an idea of how many of the new beauty Audi expects to sell?

In any case, best of luck to them--it's a grand car! :cheers:

Klint
June 29th, 2003, 16:19
Stunning Vehicle!!

I can see the island's governor trading in his old A8 4.2 Quattro for the newer version. :D

:cheers:

krm
June 29th, 2003, 17:57
Thought the car looked rather conservative at first, but after seeing it in person I can attest it looks very beautiful and well proportioned. I can't wait to see the S8 to see the sportier/more aggresssive styling to this nice sedan.

Ra5a
June 30th, 2003, 05:58
Sales figures of the a8 in the Netherlands. (http://www.autoweek.nl/verkoopcijfers.php?merk=Audi&modelserie=A8) as you probably would notice, the amount in 2003 is the amount sold until may.and the other years are the amount sold in a complete year.
so it's doing better then audi expected.
audi was thinking a 35% higher amount then the older model.
they are allready over 50% :)
and they even sold 8 more then the BMW 7 and have sold 70 less then the MB-S
(other brands like lexus don't sell really good here so it's those 3.
you might think of the Jaguar XJ but they sold "only" 95 XJ's :)

and i think.. i know that in germany the percentage is probably much higher..

(btw the amount is kinda low becouse only 16 milion people live in the netherlands.
and most of the rich people move to just over the border to belgium.

(btw the A8 starting price in the netherlands is 92K euro.
tax heaven.. right? :(

Aragorn
June 30th, 2003, 11:24
Originally posted by Ra5a

Sales figures of the a8 in the Netherlands. (http://www.autoweek.nl/verkoopcijfers.php?merk=Audi&modelserie=A8) as you probably would notice, the amount in 2003 is the amount sold until may.and the other years are the amount sold in a complete year.
so it's doing better then audi expected.
Those are some interesting statistics, for Audi as well as for other brands. Thanks for sharing.

audi was thinking a 35% higher amount then the older model.
they are allready over 50% :)
It certainly looks promising! Once again, I'm hoping that the sales figures have increased similarly in other markets.

and they even sold 8 more then the BMW 7 and have sold 70 less then the MB-S
(other brands like lexus don't sell really good here so it's those 3.
you might think of the Jaguar XJ but they sold "only" 95 XJ's :)
Outselling BMW has got to be a triumph for Audi! Mercedes remaining at the top seems less of a surprise, though; I would think that that is to expect in most countries.

and i think.. i know that in germany the percentage is probably much higher..
Let's hope so. Does anyone have any statistics?

(btw the amount is kinda low becouse only 16 milion people live in the netherlands.
and most of the rich people move to just over the border to belgium.
Pardon my ignorance, Ra5a, and please, other forum readers, excuse this digression from the topic, but what makes affluent Dutchmen move to Belgium? Tax reasons, I would guess--but what taxes in particular? I'd love to hear over a PM! (You see, reasons for leaving one's home country is a dear interst of mine... ;))

(btw the A8 starting price in the netherlands is 92K euro.
Ouch--that's rather hefty! :eek:
Audi Sweden wants almost as much, 779,000 sek, or about 84,900 euros.

According to AudiUSA.com, the MRSP for A8 L is $69,160, which at today's rate is about 60,500 euros. Granted, this does not include some extra charges, nor does it include taxes, which varies from state to state (from 0% to about 10%), but that's still considerably less.

(Exchange rates from Oanda.com (http://www.oanda.com/).)

Ra5a
July 1st, 2003, 21:02
Originally posted by Aragorn
Those are some interesting statistics, for Audi as well as for other brands. Thanks for sharing.
[B]
It certainly looks promising! Once again, I'm hoping that the sales figures have increased similarly in other markets.

[B]
Outselling BMW has got to be a triumph for Audi! Mercedes remaining at the top seems less of a surprise, though; I would think that that is to expect in most countries.

[B]
Let's hope so. Does anyone have any statistics?

[B]
Pardon my ignorance, Ra5a, and please, other forum readers, excuse this digression from the topic, but what makes affluent Dutchmen move to Belgium? Tax reasons, I would guess--but what taxes in particular? I'd love to hear over a PM! (You see, reasons for leaving one's home country is a dear interst of mine... ;))

[B]
Ouch--that's rather hefty! :eek:
Audi Sweden wants almost as much, 779,000 sek, or about 84,900 euros.

According to AudiUSA.com, the MRSP for A8 L is $69,160, which at today's rate is about 60,500 euros. Granted, this does not include some extra charges, nor does it include taxes, which varies from state to state (from 0% to about 10%), but that's still considerably less.

(Exchange rates from Oanda.com (http://www.oanda.com/).)
btw sorry that i did'nt replie as organised as you did.
it's becouse I'm really tired of doing nothing and want to go to bed.

Outselling BMW indeed is a great performance..
but not so surpriceing if you put both cars next too each other. :)
some people still have the "ignorant" view of mercedes as being the best quality available(imo) and most people like too show they are rich.. now ofcourse the A8 looks awesome and it will shock and awe :P but it seems that people rather haver a star on the hood then the true lord of the rings :P

the reason why the Dutch like to move to belgium indeed is that it is much cheaper with the taxes.
let's take the price of the A8:
NL: 92k
BE: 78k
(the price has nothing to do with audi but with the government asking alot of tax and a sh*it load of tax for importing a motor vehical in to the country(

you'll understand that it's quite a difference.
and it's not only the car prices, it's cheaper in general.
the houses are much cheaper.
let's say that we have just bought a new house for 500k in the netherlands with 5 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and 1 kitchen you will get a house with 7 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 2 kitchens in belgium.

but and there is a but, it's not really nice living there the roads are not so good and it the normal city's look like the netherlands of the 80's
but ofcourse the 'rich" don't notice that in multiple context's
as it even isnt the countrie where we are originally from :P
(we are originally from Turkey)

we as a familie also once thought about moving there but didnt do it becouse it's just not the place for us.
we like the netherlands and we dont care about the rooms bathrooms and kitchens that we will never use :)

And yes the A8 starting price of the A8 in the netherlands is a disgrace but we'll have to live with it :(

just save more money for a year extra :)

(btw my dad now drives a E class 2.4 november '99 and will upgrade to the a8 3.7
my mom has an Opel Astra 1.6 and will upgrade to a (A3 or A4. i'm guessing A4)
I will get me a like i said before a TT-C, A4-C or S3 i'm not sure yet.. the A4-C looks great and is a great car but i thinks it's a litlle out of my reach)

Aragorn
July 2nd, 2003, 15:22
Originally posted by Ra5a
btw sorry that i did'nt replie as organised as you did.
it's becouse I'm really tired of doing nothing and want to go to bed.
Thanks for your answer, Ra5a, and don't worry about the tidiness of your reply: I fully understood what you were saying. :cheers:

but it seems that people rather haver a star on the hood then the true lord of the rings :P
Maybe people just don't know their own good? :D

(btw my dad now drives a E class 2.4 november '99 and will upgrade to the a8 3.7
my mom has an Opel Astra 1.6 and will upgrade to a (A3 or A4. i'm guessing A4)
I will get me a like i said before a TT-C, A4-C or S3 i'm not sure yet.. the A4-C looks great and is a great car but i thinks it's a litlle out of my reach)
Well, regardless of taxation levels, you have an impressive family garage! :race:

Cheers,

Aragorn