PDA

View Full Version : What are the dimensions of the RS6 18" Stock Wheel? (Yes, I searched 1st!)

Copper
January 16th, 2008, 17:16
So far I found: 18 x 8.5

What is the offset?

I know there are load issues with going aftermarket but I am considering the RS4 "Hyper" wheel. Still looks relatively stock but slightly better than the 18" wheels I have now. I don't what to go to 19". The ride is hard enough as it is.

TIA

Radiation Joe
January 16th, 2008, 19:41
18 x 8.5 et30

Sorry. Don't know the centerbore diameter, but I guess that might be easier to find.

Copper
January 16th, 2008, 19:43
Awesome. Thanks Joe

itisme
January 16th, 2008, 21:11
I am a little confused.. you have an RS6 and look for the figures of the standart alloys, right? Why don't you look in your carpapers. There is all written down. Wheel size, possible alloys figures, horsepower, owner of the car etc. or is that just in europe?

Copper
January 17th, 2008, 00:59
Yes, I own two of them.

To my knowledge, the RS6 manual does not provide the offset information or width of the standard 18" wheels.

Please tell me which page they provide that in your manual.

Sometimes it's easier just to post here while I am at work and get an answer. It took Joe all of 10 minutes to respond to my post. It's snowing here in Atlanta, Georgia. It would have taken me 20 minutes just to get the manual from the car.

Sorry to confuse you.

Copper
January 17th, 2008, 01:01
X2 Avus Silver RS6s

DuckWingDuck
January 17th, 2008, 01:45
What a clean garage!! Puts mine to shame.

Kievskiy
January 17th, 2008, 04:00
WOW Copper, thats my next car...lol, i guess you are one Audi big fan, aren't you? :)

itisme
January 17th, 2008, 13:08
Really nice garage...

I'm the owner of a VW Polo. In germany you have all possible standart wheelsizes in the papers it's called "Fahrzeugbrief". That's the thing you have to show the police if they stop you so they can see if it is yours. Theres extra space in this sheet for wheelsizes. And the standart wheel format ist insert there, too. With ET "inch etc.
If you want different sizes you have to go to the TÜV here and if it's technical ok they give you a license to put special alloys on your car. Of course you have to pay for the license.

Copper
January 17th, 2008, 17:00
Hi Itisme.

I see, nothing like that here in the Unites States. Now I see why you were asking. It's the darn lack of emotion and inflection with email and posts. Sometimes people get the wrong impression. Esp. if the language is not your native tongue. I once posted on a French board to get a technical answer and pissed off the whole board by telling this guy that he was a poopy-head instead of me saying that my French is merde. Haha.

Thanks for the compliments. We are shopping for another home in the area and a 3-4 car garage is manditory!

AndyBG
January 17th, 2008, 23:55
Copper, two RS 6s and very clean ones, if I may say ! :thumb:

Beautiful pic' to be seen ! :thumb:

How did you ''end up'' with two ''beasts'' in the same time ?

:cheers:

Copper
January 18th, 2008, 08:47
Uh.. cause I'm an idiot! I even bought the same color.

Seriously:

RS6 #1 is a lease.

RS6 #2 I bought.

I use one for business and one for pleasure.. Currently running Revo Flash ECU which is the first mod for the pleasure RS6. Wheels are next and maybe a lic plate mod to Euro with body color. Oh yeah and LED tail lights.

One will end up being turned in at the end of the lease unless I decide to buy it and send it to my house in Florida for when I'm down there. I'm not sure yet.

skiwi
January 18th, 2008, 20:19
standard wheels in many (non-usa) parts of the world are 19". 5/112, 9j and et35.