PDA

View Full Version : M3 pricing revealed

raulg
January 14th, 2008, 02:25
Base MSRP price in US is:

M3 E92: $57,275
M3 E90: $54,575

Read full article here. (http://www.press.bmw.com/pressclub/us02.nsf)

I wonder if Audi will go down on the pricing of the RS4 and S4/S5, kinda high compared to BMW.

RXBG
January 14th, 2008, 02:58
that is very very interesting. i assume that the standard car has air conditioning and a steering wheel. :)

in all seriousness, though. if the car comes suitably equipped in standard form then it means only one thing. the pricing wars will have begun!!!!!!

business is fascinating when you get down to it. here i was thinking that we were doomed to face ever increasing prices based on the exchange value of the dollar. but the truth is that in order for the world to avoid an economic crisis the american market has to be treated with care. by losing money on one car, for example, companies expect to make up the $ in total volume of sales across their car lines. i think that the pricing of the new M3 reflects such a dynamism.

audi will have to take it easy on its pricing as well. a loaded S5 costs more than the new M3. even i have to admit that is a bit much.

lets see where this goes. thanks for posting this.

chewym
January 14th, 2008, 03:29
BMW for sure is taking a hit with the M3 in US, or at least taking minimum profits. In Germany they are pricing the M3 19% above the S5, but only 13% more expensive in the US. But the rumor is that fully optioned will be right around 70,000, and that's how many of them will be sold.