PDA

View Full Version : fellow rs6 brothers i have a question and i need help.........

troyjgaspard
January 13th, 2008, 22:17
i have been offered to race a 1997 nissan 300 z with a 6 cylinder engine twin turbo standard transmission without nitro.he supposedly has close to 600 horsepower and has times of low 11s in the 1/4 mile run.i dont believe this.do u guys or have u ever heard of a nissan 300z that could whip a 2003 rs6 in a 2 mile straight race with a few mods and a little over 600 horses?he might even want to race for money.i just cant see him being able to catch me in just 2 miles with a standard tranny.i think that by the time his lighter car benefit will even have a chance to start catching me i will be crossing the finish line already.what do u guys think about a nissan 300 z and a beast?

just want u guys input.

peiserg
January 14th, 2008, 00:28
well since the last 300z's were made in 1996 MY you shouldn't have much of a problem against a phantom 1997 MY.

if however it is not a phantom vehicle, then you are screwed. 3200 lbs and 600 hp vs your fat ass.

SeattleS4
January 14th, 2008, 06:07
You guys are going to have a 2 mile race?? :vhmmm:

If his car is that fast (low 11's) he will beat you badly in a street race from a stop or a roll from any speed. He will also beat you at the 1/8mi track or 1/4mi track.

The only way you should race him for money is under these conditions: 1/8 mile race...in the rain.

DuckWingDuck
January 14th, 2008, 06:36
1/8mi SLALOM in the rain and let's race for pink slips. Heh.

troyjgaspard
January 14th, 2008, 12:31
Yeh I'll probably race him I think he's full of it about running low 11s that's what a mambo does if he had a shot of nitro I might take it as true but I'm gonna go for a grand and c what he got. I think my baby can take him I ought to be halfway down the stretch by the time he shifts into fourth and all he's gonna see is my tail lights

troyjgaspard
January 14th, 2008, 12:34
hey if i dont have confidence in my beast who will huh

RS6 POWER
January 14th, 2008, 12:44
I have seen those cars doing low 11' and high 10' down here, bigger turbo, front mount intercooler, a good tune, and some other nice stuff and he is ready...you should analyze your power to weight ratio!!!

Just my two cents,
Manuel

troyjgaspard
January 14th, 2008, 16:45
i dont know how to do that im just gonna do it if he wins he wins if he dont then thats a notch in my belt i aint scared.

Copper
January 14th, 2008, 17:20
My neighbor has a black 1995 300TT automatic that puts 489HP to the wheels. It runs mid to low 11's all day long. I invited him to our last 1/4 mile SELOC Southeast Track day and he was even running a bit lean.. He's not even fullying Stage 2 yet. A Stage 3+ Z will easily put 600+HP to the wheels. The car won't last long but it can be done.

No way you will win against a modded twin turbo Z. Heck, the '89 Conquest that I am looking at for a track car will DESTROY my RS6 at the track in every event unless there happens to be a hurricane that day. When you pump 20lbs of boost on a car that is almost half the weight of an RS6 you will lose. It's simple physics. These tuner cars are all about speed, the modern version of the Muscle Cars in the 60's and 70's. Instead light imports with small displacement engines and LOTS of boost = very fast. They are not very reliable, practical or comfortable but when you are racing stop light to stop light or building up a drag, drift or grip car they really offer a lot of bang for the buck. The Conquest/Starion (Starquest) that I'm looking at only has a 2.6L (4) banger under the hood but pumps out 300+HP to the rear wheels with 18Lbs of boost. The car car run 21lbs of boost but will self destruct without an upgraded head gasket and stud bolts.

Look at the mods this thing has:

Custom 18" wheels ($2000+ value)
Super 16G turbo that flows about 200+CFM over stock ($600 value)
Fidanza ALUMINUM flywheel ($500 value)
CAP Stage 3 5 puck ceramic clutch/pressure plate/TO bearing ($300 value)
3" turbo back exhaust system into a 3" Hooker Aero Chamber Muffler ($400+ value)
Chrome intake charge pipe w/blow off valve flange ($130 value)
Turbo XS Type H-RFL blow off valve ($90 value)
Manual boost controller
Intercooler hard piping
1000+CCA Mercedes Benz gel battery ($200 value)
A pillar dual gauge pod with Autometer Phantom boost and A/F gauges ($150 value)
Bosch 350hp fuel pump ($200 value)
New KYB front and rear struts ($300 value)
Suspension Techniques lowering springs ($250 value)
Ichiba 1" wheel spacers for the rear wheels ($150 value)
3000GT radio that is IPOD/music phone compatible via AUX jack ($80 value)
Stainless braided turbo coolant lines ($100 value)
Stainless braided oil cooler lines ($200 value)
Stainless braided turbo oil feed line ($50 value)
EGR delete
Jet Valve elimination Kit (JVE)
etc...

Car has:
New front and rear brake pads ($60 value)
New front and rear brake rotors ($130 value)
New front and rear brake hoses ($75 value)
New factory stitched leather shift knob ($80 value)
New Struts
New belts
New starter
New clutch master cylinder
New clutch slave cylinder
New stainless braided clutch line from master to slave
All new vacuum line
New vacuum advance
New fuel pressure regulator
1g Eclipse turbo mass air sensor
K&N air filter
MSD Blaster 2 coil
New battery cables

You can dump some serious $$ into just about any car that has a good basic stock turbo platform with a light chassis and get to the desired level of performance.

I like the every day reliabiliy and power of the RS6 but it is too heavy and valuable as a track car. Around town you can smoke some tuner cars and a lot of modern V8 sports cars since the AWD plus the right now power (no buttons to push or special settings and NOS required). Around town street conditions favor the RS6. On the freeway while underway it is tough to beat an RS6. I've seen many upset TT Supras, C6 Vette, WRX and even a new S6 owners over the last 1 1/2 that I've had an RS6. The car can flat out move when already 50MPH+

I think someone here posted a 12.5 1/4 mile and that is really, really fast for an RS6. It had an ECU/TCU reprogram and race fuel to get there. I've been to a lot of these tuner events (my friend runs SELOC here in town) and I can tell you that a old Datsun 260 was the fastest car in the "Shootout" event. Second fastest? An early '90s Mitsu 3000GT. 11 seconds is just a starting point for most of these guys.

DuckWingDuck
January 14th, 2008, 17:41
Copper, great analysis.

Bingocaller
January 14th, 2008, 18:47
Be sure to film it!

mi021le
January 14th, 2008, 19:22
doesnt matter. race him for fun unless hes being as ass. then f. him.

ben916
January 15th, 2008, 05:05
Yeh I'll probably race him I think he's full of it about running low 11s that's what a mambo does if he had a shot of nitro I might take it as true but I'm gonna go for a grand and c what he got. I think my baby can take him I ought to be halfway down the stretch by the time he shifts into fourth and all he's gonna see is my tail lights

You are gonna run him for $1000?!

Dude, just send me the money and I will tell you when he wins...

If you had the 08 RS6 V10TT, you might fair better...

s42ski
January 16th, 2008, 05:59
I had an old 1977 280Z with a Cartech turbo kit and about 350 HP @ 18 lbs boost- Finally sold it in 98 ( my wife was concerned that I had a longer relationship with the car than her):hahahehe:

I could smoke the 300 TT stock but the highly modded ones would spank me hard. If this guy has 600 HP he will be very fast, I would race him for 1/8th mile and hope he does not know how to drive. Launching a car with that type of power without racing slicks is very tricky. My old Z had a huge turbo and turbo lag was counted in seconds.

Launching with the boost up was a careful balance between slipping the clutch, keeping the revs at the right place and traction.

If the guy has money and no skill you have a chance in a shorter race...

snoopra
January 16th, 2008, 07:08
No way you will win against a modded twin turbo Z. Heck, the '89 Conquest that I am looking at for a track car will DESTROY my RS6 at the track in every event unless there happens to be a hurricane that day............ The Conquest/Starion (Starquest) that I'm looking at only has a 2.6L (4) banger under the hood but pumps out 300+HP to the rear wheels with 18Lbs of boost. The car car run 21lbs of boost but will self destruct without an upgraded head gasket and stud bolts.

Just my two cents, I owned a '89 Conquest, was very fast. BUT, according to the ID plate, my car weighted 4200 lbs! PLUS, with the posi rear end, traction is not your friend.

Copper
January 16th, 2008, 08:49
The 1989 Conquest weighs 3,031 pounds.

Pre-1988 Conquests weigh 2,820 pounds.

A 2003 RS6 weighs 4057 pounds.