PDA

View Full Version : official V12 images!

RXBG
January 13th, 2008, 14:49
http://www.audiusa.com/audi/us/en2/experience/motor_shows/Detroit_Auto_Show/media_gallery.0002.html

an honest to god manual. i love you audi.

a little blinged out with the R8 logo in the seats.... gotta attract the professional football palyers, i guess, but otherwise insane looking. this is THE quintessential R8.

DOES ANYONE know the color of that car. is that monza silver?????????????????????

itisme
January 13th, 2008, 14:59
great pics, thx for sharing and pointing out.

i personally think there are too much airintakes at the front, but they might be necessary, so I can live with them in my future R8 ;) :D..

the roof is insane.. that looks awesome, same goes with the engine design and the back... incredible car!

tvrfan
January 13th, 2008, 15:02
i thought it have DSG S-Tronic? that would be fucking nice with DSG. ultra fast shift times, better acceleration (like a boat) compared to manual. but the torque is the prob.

by the way, the colour is Grace Silver

2FST4CHP
January 13th, 2008, 17:36
R...

It does seem logical that Audi would pursue using a TDI on the R8. The torque alone and the "mod" ability to the chip are crazy. Still, I can't justify in a real world the need for more than the V8FSI. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Hey,

Ours will be built soon!

;-> J

Audifan92
January 13th, 2008, 18:00
I like how the RPM is red.

tvrfan
January 13th, 2008, 18:33
why honeycomb grill? because its from quattro gmbh or build by them?

The Pretender
January 13th, 2008, 18:44
Mega Cool car.

Jarod.

RXBG
January 13th, 2008, 18:55
R...

It does seem logical that Audi would pursue using a TDI on the R8. The torque alone and the "mod" ability to the chip are crazy. Still, I can't justify in a real world the need for more than the V8FSI. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Hey,

Ours will be built soon!

;-> J

j,

i am already #1 at the dealer for the V12. i'd say i have about 3 more years to make a s*********d of money so i can pay for it. :D

KresoF1
January 13th, 2008, 19:31
I like it a lot. Manual...

Rage
January 13th, 2008, 19:43
Jeez.....that looks crazy. Bar the 'moschino style' imprinted seats that looks amazing.

RXBG
January 13th, 2008, 20:07
interestingly, the gear map on the lever does not equate to the gear selector itself. notice R. :nono:

KresoF1
January 13th, 2008, 20:24
Different gearbox then in current R8. They use Getrag manual here BTW. So, R is on the same spot as on Porsche 997 Turbo(user of almost the same gearbox).

Audi probably made small mistake with usage of current R8 gearlever...

tvrfan
January 13th, 2008, 20:32
i thought it have DSG S-Tronic? that would be fucking nice with DSG. ultra fast shift times, better acceleration (like a boat) compared to manual.

by the way: why has it honeycomb grill? because its from quattro gmbh or build by them?

Leadfoot
January 13th, 2008, 20:41
Remember that this is still a concept so things like gearbox choice may change but with so much torque Audi's choses are limited.

DSG would be nice but it isn't a deal breaker, well not to me anyway. I just like it that Audi had the balls to bring something like this a reality and will compete with the very best of them in terms of outright performance.

The ultimate diesel engine in the ultimate supercar. :D

bober3
January 13th, 2008, 21:19
low redline but surelly high torque range

KresoF1
January 14th, 2008, 07:52
interestingly, the gear map on the lever does not equate to the gear selector itself. notice R. :nono:

Check out real pic from Detroit...
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/01/audir8v12tdi)live34.jpg

roadrunner
January 14th, 2008, 10:49
I love it - and i like it even more for what it is:

Audi tore down another "barrier" - no diesel in a sports car :R8kiss:

In a manner, that leaves the competition breathless. :burnout:

Some small things, that might find the way into the "regular" R8:

-) full colour display between the gauges
-) transparent roof
-) damper selector on steering wheel
-) chrome around the Navi

We will see.

Audi's future is bright :alig:

Cheers
seb.

Subzero
January 14th, 2008, 11:07
breathtaking

Damienr8
January 14th, 2008, 15:43
j,

i am already #1 at the dealer for the V12. i'd say i have about 3 more years to make a s*********d of money so i can pay for it. :D

LOL hehe. :jlol: