PDA

View Full Version : RNS-E problem - control knob acting screwy

RS6-4dr911
January 12th, 2008, 06:54
Seeking help on this issue. RNS-E Control Knob - puzzled by it, can't seem to fix it. Installed a EU RNS-E (2007 mfg date), flashed for US 0200 firmware, and I installed a BT module in place of the OnStar module. Nav/Radio worked as soon as I plugged it in, BT module still needed to be coded to work. I had used all functions except for the TEL function prior to the ill fated attempt to recode the BT module, everything worked PERFECTLY right out of the box. Since the recode, it's been screwy.

I tried using the RNS settings function to reset to factory settings. Everything is cleared out, BT doesn't work again, but knob is still f$*ked. Although I can get the knob to function in some applications (selecting the city for example), in most others when I press to select it goes back one screen, or in the case of selecting the street, it brings up the list of all streets in the city.

The knob itself feels fine, no stickiness, notchiness, etc, functions well in most other cases. And the Return key below it seems fine too (others suggested maybe it was stuck)

It just seems HIGHLY coincidental that this didn't start until the recode. It bothers me that when he tried to reset the coding for the RNS-E, it wouldn't take it the first few attempts, but then it did. Since it worked so flawlessly until the BT recode, seems very strange to think it's not related to that.

FWIW, this is a 2007 EU unit flashed to 0200 firmware with VIM, by NSX JR

Any silver bullets would be greatly appreciated. :vhmmm: