PDA

View Full Version : has anybody in california got the giac chip installed in their 2003 rs6 from this guy

troyjgaspard
January 12th, 2008, 05:22
and if so can someone please give me his contact information.the guy i got my car from sent his car there when he bought it and got the chip plus tcu done and i just want to ask him some questions.i have heard alot of bad things said about the giac chip on the 2003 rs6 cars.i am satisfied with the power and when i get it back i will be bringing it to the track.but if there is a better chip program out there then i want the best that money can buy in my beast.i have done alot of improvements to it since i got it.i cant wait to drive it.just a couple of more weeks and ill have her back.i have shaved almost 100 lbs of weight off of the weight of the car with the new three sixty forged five spoke rims that weigh only 20.4 lbs and put itg air filters on it,and put these fuel atomizers on my fuel lines too thats supposed to add a little more power and fuel efficiency,and it is at mtm hoppen motorsport right now getting the power pack job done to it right now.im hoping for it to maybe do some mid to nigh 11s in the quarter while turning a little over 600 horses.but i wont know till we put her on the dyno will we.

rs-mad
January 12th, 2008, 05:29
Mid to high 11's?? and 600bhp what are you doing to those figures?

Good luck also

Cheers
RS-MAD

DuckWingDuck
January 12th, 2008, 05:42
The transmission is going to get torn into shreds! Also, apparently the guy who writes the GIAC software lives in Irvine.

troyjgaspard
January 12th, 2008, 11:30
i would think that they would take some kind of measure there to prevent any tranny damage tho right

Spidercat
January 12th, 2008, 23:25
Over 600 bhp, Jeez! I assume you're getting major engine work done if the shop needs it for a couple weeks, in addition to the "bolt-on" stuff (air filters, fuel-line thingies, chip, exhaust). What exactly are they doing to it to get that number, and how much is it gonna cost? Sounds interesting. Audi spent a lot of time and money to get that same number or less by building a whole new motor! Curious about what this tuner's shortcut is to getting there. I'd also be sure to ask them what their plans are for the transmission. I tend to think that a tip chip alone isn't going to reliably reign-in that much torque. What else did you due to save weight, other than change the wheels? Remove the spare tire/jack? Did you have to remove any of the interior "amenities"? 11.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile sounds ambitious. Hope this turns out to be the case, though, and that you get your car back soon! It must suck having to be without it.

peiserg
January 12th, 2008, 23:58
I would think 600 hp would be reachable with only new turbos and perhaps upgraded fuel. Can't be that hard, if GIAC supposedly has 530ish hp with just a bump in the boost.

doesn't mtm sell a "full upgrade" type of deal where you get new turbos and fuel?

as for the tranny...hmm.

however if I'm going for new turbos anyway i might first see what the old ones were capable of before I trashed them...