PDA

View Full Version : 1175 PS Bugatti "Projekt Lydia"

itisme
January 11th, 2008, 20:30
Faster, More Powerful Bugatti In The Works?

A development project under the guise of "Project Lydia" might sound all very inconspicuous, but with Bugatti at the helm, this ain't no picnic. According to German magazine Auto Motor und Sport, Bugatti have finalised plans to develop a new supercar set to rival if only its own model for sheer speed, but they as yet remain just that; plans.

Insider information pins the street-legal "Project Lydia" down to 1.5-tonnes and a monocoque body design, having power in the region of 1,175 PS and a top speed of up to 400 km/h (248 mph). While Bugatti are said to be juggling the attributes of racing excellence and polished design, the German publication expects Bugatti's characteristic grille to stay, much like the Veyron's sweeping side profile and prominent 20-inch wheels. From the world of motorsport, a giant rear spoiler, front air splitter and low ground clearance for both chassis and mid-positioned engine will all feature.

In pursuit of the greatest possible performance, VW are aspiring for a Nurburgring Nordschliefe lap time of six minutes fourty seconds - beating the Veyron by a full minute. With exclusivity as important a feature as its supercar performance, "Project Lydia", named so after Ettore Bugatti's wife Lydia, is expected to be limited to just 70 examples. And it'll come at a price, retailing for a cool 2.5 million euros.

Originally penciled in for a 2009 introduction with support from Supervisory Board Chairman Ferdinand Piech, that date looks likely to shift to atleast 2010 if given the green-light amid scepticism from CEO Martin Winterkorn in the present 'green' political environment.

Auto Motor and Sport illusions

http://images.auto-motor-und-sport.de/hps/img/hxmedia/mpsams/2008/01/3feprjHAOD3J1U_450x300.jpg

http://images.auto-motor-und-sport.de/hps/img/hxmedia/mpsams/2008/01/0sbyI7br_PeLhQ_450x300.jpg

Benman
January 16th, 2008, 00:39
I am curious what the point will be other than to basically do what Bentley did and enter one year in Le Mans for a quick win?:doh:

Ben:addict:

RXBG
January 16th, 2008, 01:25
I am curious what the point will be other than to basically do what Bentley did and enter one year in Le Mans for a quick win?:doh:

and ruin pointlessly audi's winning TDI track record. as vw allowed bentley to do for the sole purpose of a few action shots used for promotion.

reality is so contrived isn't it?

your man ron paul is doing well considering. i've been following him. i like him a lot.

Leadfoot
January 16th, 2008, 14:57
Ben also got me on to Ron Paul and if he ever gets to the White House he will definiatly shack things up.

I recommend watching Money_Masters (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936) this will let everyone see the importance of someone like Ron Paul getting to office. But based on what would be at stake for the Bankers would they ever allow that to happen.

Guys, down load this and do watch it, you will get your eyes opened.

It's the worst horror film you will ever see and it's REAL.

rks838
January 16th, 2008, 17:19
Now that this has turned into a politics forum, your man Ron Paul has said that the U.S. Civil War could have been avoided if the North had, quite simply, bought and freed all of the Southern slaves. Um, let's count the problems with this idea...I don't want a guy with that kind of judgment in my White House :bigeyes: ! But, back to cars - a 6:40 lap time is impossible, I believe, under any sort of reasonable financial restrictions that VW would place on this project. What's the point, anyway? Reputation? Bugatti doesn't sell enough cars anyway for this to help them, and nobody in the public knows the VW owns Bugatti. Sounds like a red-light project to me...

Leadfoot
January 16th, 2008, 20:20
But, back to cars - a 6:40 lap time is impossible, I believe, under any sort of reasonable financial restrictions that VW would place on this project. What's the point, anyway? Reputation? Bugatti doesn't sell enough cars anyway for this to help them, and nobody in the public knows the VW owns Bugatti. Sounds like a red-light project to me...

I don't see the point in it either but all the same I love the idea of an even quicker Bugatti in this politically correct world we find ourselves in. :hihi:

Benman
January 19th, 2008, 17:11
Now that this has turned into a politics forum, your man Ron Paul has said that the U.S. Civil War could have been avoided if the North had, quite simply, bought and freed all of the Southern slaves. Um, let's count the problems with this idea...

I didn't realize the Bugatti was so political! :D

You bring up a valid point but please keep in mind that the US was the only western country to not end slavery in a peacefull way. And if Lincoln cared about the slaves, why would he deny the amnesty for them? He voted to send runaways back! Food for thought.

Also, Leadie is right, MMs is a great flick and must see!

Anyway, like RXBG mentioned, Audi already got screwed once on the Le Mans thing (I still insist they are undefeated since 2000) once, why screw Audi again. And these illustrated drawings sure look like that will be the point of this car...

Z07
January 20th, 2008, 14:54
Now that this has turned into a politics forum, your man Ron Paul has said that the U.S. Civil War could have been avoided if the North had, quite simply, bought and freed all of the Southern slaves. Um, let's count the problems with this idea...I don't want a guy with that kind of judgment in my White House :bigeyes: ! But, back to cars - a 6:40 lap time is impossible, I believe, under any sort of reasonable financial restrictions that VW would place on this project. What's the point, anyway? Reputation? Bugatti doesn't sell enough cars anyway for this to help them, and nobody in the public knows the VW owns Bugatti. Sounds like a red-light project to me...

A 6:40 lap is easily possibly. The Suzuki Radical (road legal in UK) manages a 6:5X lap for about a fiftieth of VAG's budget.