PDA

View Full Version : New uprated suspension from factory?

Plexus
June 22nd, 2003, 14:03
Has anyone had the new sport suspension set up fitted at factory? I believe the code is 2ME. Especially interested in UK cars.

JP4
June 22nd, 2003, 15:33
None that I'm aware of. And if memory serves correctly, even the experts at Audi say 'don't go there' unless the car is going to be tracked extensively. Apparently it's a fairly stiff ride with the "sport suspension".

Plexus
June 22nd, 2003, 15:51
My second RS6 has it fitted and I rate it. The only thing that I felt was lacking in the RS6 was the stability in sharp tight cornering. Now with the new 2ME set up it cures all of that and I am so glad that I pushed for it.

JP4
June 22nd, 2003, 16:09
Originally posted by Plexus
My second RS6 has it fitted and I rate it. The only thing that I felt was lacking in the RS6 was the stability in sharp tight cornering. Now with the new 2ME set up it cures all of that and I am so glad that I pushed for it.

Well there you have it!

How much stiffer is the "feel" riding down the highways? Would it get uncomfortable on a long trip? I know it is a subjective question but I'm interested in your opinion. I can see that you like it in the "twisties" for sure.

Thanks!

JP4

Plexus
June 23rd, 2003, 09:14
It just makes the car feel so much more "planted" to the road. It is difficult to describe without being personnal and I appreciate it not just an option that can be changed in an hour, so chose wisely.

We will use the RS6 for 10k miles per year so it is not a daily car. Thats why it was right for us.

Erik
June 23rd, 2003, 12:31
The sport suspension is firm but I'm glad that Audi makes it so that people have a choice.

I would take it without hesitation, but other people may have a different reference.

:0:

RCV3
June 24th, 2003, 16:43
Is this suspension available for the US? I do not recall being given a choice of suspension set ups when ordering. Is this another US excluded item (thanks DOT) or did I just miss it?

jconley
June 24th, 2003, 16:53
Not available for the US....

Erik
June 24th, 2003, 16:56
Considering they usually make cars softer for the US market I'm not sure offering the sport suspension would be such a bright idea. It is quite stiff.

gnomik007
July 1st, 2003, 08:18
Does the sport version lower your car and if yes,how much? I would be interested in getting one of these for sure as the only thing that I think lacks in handling is a bit sharper more percise reaction and corner stability.But if it lowers the vehicle much I will not risk it:roads in moscow still SUK big way:hihi:

Erik
July 1st, 2003, 08:40
I don't think you can retrofit the sports suspension.

Plexus
July 1st, 2003, 08:45
You're right, you can't retro fit it. Unless you have ahuge budget.
That was the reason for our choice, Sportec and MTM were offering sports kits at silly prices, very good systems I am sure, but for the price Audi wanted it made sense.

I would change it anyway now, it makes the car handleso much better.

:addict: