PDA

View Full Version : RS6 is coming to the states!

IbisRS6
January 10th, 2008, 11:55
I was at Newport Beach (Ca) Audi a few days ago hassling my local dealer and one of the representatives let me know that you can now reserve a RS6 for the future release.

I hadn't seen any information regarding the U.S. release so I'm letting you all know now.

I also just registered today and I'm happy to "soon" be apart of your RS6 circle!

-Alan :rs6kiss:

Erik
January 10th, 2008, 13:04
Wow! That is big news if it's true. I really hope so but I'd like it to be more confirmed before I jump up and down and put my deposit down.

And, a big welcome to RS6.com!

Bingocaller
January 10th, 2008, 13:19
Thats what I thought all along - great news!

DuckWingDuck
January 10th, 2008, 14:44
Ibis - you were at Audi dealership on PCH by Jamboree? They're usually semi-reliable but as you read from some of the other threads, dealers have been taking deposits on the RS6 for a while. Power is notorious for taking customers'' money early. This isn't to say that it won't come but b/c they're taking the money doesn't mean that it's definite! In any event, welcome! I'm just down the street in Irvine.

Copper
January 10th, 2008, 15:01
Jim Ellis, Marietta Audi in Georgia is taking deposits as well....

IbisRS6
January 10th, 2008, 15:30
Ibis - you were at Audi dealership on PCH by Jamboree? They're usually semi-reliable but as you read from some of the other threads, dealers have been taking deposits on the RS6 for a while. Power is notorious for taking customers'' money early. This isn't to say that it won't come but b/c they're taking the money doesn't mean that it's definite! In any event, welcome! I'm just down the street in Irvine.

Oh, well now I'm sad to hear that it's not definite and I hope Audi would not make the mistake as to not release such a vehicle in the states.

Anyways, it's great to hear that there's an Audi enthusiast near me! We'll probably see eachother at some point, I drive the obnoxious grey Range Rover and I live in the Turtle Rock area.

p.s. If the RS6 is delivered to the states I will try to attend any group events :incar:

-Alan

crespo
January 10th, 2008, 15:37
Has there really ever been any doubt? :P

IbisRS6
January 10th, 2008, 15:44
Has there really ever been any doubt? :P

Would you buy a super hot S6 for 130k+?

Thats was my doubt :(

(Edit: Sad face added)

crespo
January 10th, 2008, 15:51
I'm just saying, there's no way Audi would decide to not bring an RS6 variant to the US. Much less with all the publicity it gets now.

DuckWingDuck
January 10th, 2008, 17:11
Ibis - LOL. My parents used to live in Turtle Rock; I'm in Quail Hill. I'm around the area quite a bit so you might see my RS6 rolling down Campus :)

snoopra
January 13th, 2008, 06:46
The new Ingolstadt stormer will be priced around $90,000, which is right in line with the BMW M5 and Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG.
"The engine alone is worth every cent of it," an Audi insider tells us.

We'll let you know if it's true once Audi offers up a test-drive. The 2009 Audi RS6 sedan is expected to go on sale in North America in the fall of 2008. — Andreas Stahl, Contributor

Found this statement @ http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/autoshows/frankfurt/2007/2009audirs6.html :wo:

DuckWingDuck
January 13th, 2008, 19:08
The last 'graf from the WSJ's review of the S5, a car which more than any other says to me that AoA will bring the new RS6 here...

>>>>>>
But Audi should be rightfully encouraged in its efforts to usurp some of BMW's stranglehold on the market for practical sports cars, and the S5 is a significant step toward that goal. That Audi chose to introduce the S5 in the U.S. months in advance of the V6-powered A5 model on which it is based says a lot about the company's new-found determination to be taken seriously as an enthusiast brand. Further proof: The only transmission now available in the S5 is a six-speed manual, though an automatic should appear in April. In fact, about the only thing I found missing from the S5 that might have improved the driving experience was a conventional emergency brake -- it's hard to do rally-style pivot turns with an electronic parking brake, even in the snow.
<<<<<<

Audiphile
January 13th, 2008, 19:52
Many dealers are taking deposits. Pacific Audi in Torrance (my dealer) has over 20 orders placed for the RS6 already! Which I think is quite good considering that the Avant has not been yet released in Europe nor reviewed yet by European automotive magazines. However, since the recent release of photos of the facelifted A6 bodes well for the release of the RS6 sedan which will very likely carry the A6 facelifts. The timing of the release of the facelift on the A6 is very important in my opinion in regard to the future release of the RS6 sedan in terms of late 2008/early 2009 dates.

IbisRS6
January 14th, 2008, 06:17
http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/audi/audis-rs6-will-get-more-than-571hp/

I hope this article has been posted before on the forum.

Also type RS6 into the search function and check out that joke of an M5 ;)

Leadfoot
January 14th, 2008, 17:14
This news that the RS6 is actually putting out more than 600hp is something which we have been saying for weeks/months now. It is a beast.