PDA

View Full Version : Still on warranty..

HeadShot
January 8th, 2008, 22:43
Had my ABS - haz warning lights come on randomly recently.. i had a VAG-COM so ran the codes. There was a problem with an ABS sensor so i was going to take it in to get fixed before end of warranty, Interesting thing is i ran the rest of the system and found 3 more fault codes on the engine VAG-COM Version: Release 704.1
<o:p> </o:p>
Address 01: Engine
Control Module Part Number: 4D1 907 558 D
Component and/or Version: 4.2l V8/5VT G 0003
Software Coding: 0006752
Work Shop Code: WSC 02195
3 Faults Found:
17783 - Cylinder 7 Ignition Circuit: Short to Ground
P1375 - 002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
16955 - Brake Switch (F): Implausible Signal
P0571 - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
17863 - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 1 (G235): Implausible Signal
P1455 - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

I informed the dealer it had these codes and gave them a print out when i dropped it off (so they were aware i was checking it) Turns out there was a bad sensor under the turbos someplace - they had to drop the motor to get it fixed.

Moral of the story.. if your still on Warranty check the codes on your ride often. I have a feeling some dealers would not fix a problem that involved an engine drop, that was not generating an check engine light and they felt the customer was unaware of. You would pay dearly later.
:doh:

aussie rs6
May 7th, 2008, 17:20
:mech:

The beast was going well doing its thing cruising at 115km/h when orange EPC and orange triangle light came on and engine dropped to 1200rpm and started running rough like running on 4 cylinders.

beast sulked and slowed to a halt and would not drive on.

the dreaded " limp mode " I thought (except beast would not move at all), with me wondering what had gone wrong!!

turned engine off, restarted and ran ok again for another 40 kms, then did same trick again. - I assume computer reset all defaults on restart.

trailered beast to audi sevice shop under extended warranty - fault diagnosed as faulty ABS sensor.

replaced ABS sensor and all sweet with the world again.

This ABS sensor does seem like an extreme fail safe mechanism, but certainly got my attention.

Mechanic working on beast said faulty ABS sensor was more common on all makes than thought- had a toyota camry and mercedes in shop with same problem.

Beast still has the "wow " factor for me.:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

john