PDA

View Full Version : Faked out

s42ski
January 8th, 2008, 00:37
Driving down the 405 here in Los Angeles at about 75 and I get passed on the left by another RS6 - not very often I see another RS6 on the road. So I speed up to get a closer look. He is black on black with dark tint windows and running 20" rims (at least). First funny thing is I notice is he is bouncing more than me, my first thought is his DRC must be completely shot :cry:

Then I start noticing some bizarre bits

1. no trunk spoiler ( but has the RS6 emblem in the right place which is why I thought this was another RS6 )
2. Single exhaust - clearly after market and very loud:nono:
3. brakes are not RS6 sized and no RS6 calipers up front:nono:
4. Fender flares not evident

Finally as I pull in front of him I see a new A6 front end with the new grill design.

So either someone bought an RS6 emblem for a modified A6:doh: or spent a LOT of money to make an RS6 look like a 07 A6 . :doh:

Oh yeah - final test - I pull further in front of him and he decides to he wants to play..... So I hear him coming ( his car was that loud) and when he gets next to me I drop into sport mode and we are off:burnout:

He got no further than a half car length ahead and then I dropped him like he was standing still:D :D:rs6kiss:

I went up to about 100 and then backed off, he followed me for another mile or so then got off the freeway.

Fonzie Audi
January 8th, 2008, 00:42
love this story! fake ass RS6.. i'm glad you put him in his place.:applause: :applause:

DuckWingDuck
January 8th, 2008, 01:19
ROFLMAO@fake ass RS6!!! I was initially thinking that you might've ran into me as I've been trooping up the 405 quite frequently the last few days but nope!

SeattleS4
January 8th, 2008, 03:29
LOL! Nothing worse than imposters.

In my area there's an imposter RS6 Avant and a fake B5 S4 complete with front and rear badges on the wrong sides. :harass:

10SecS4
January 8th, 2008, 05:52
I wanna do some faking out of my own and install some A6 and 4.2L badges in place of the RS6 badges. :hahahehe:

DuckWingDuck
January 8th, 2008, 06:00
HAHAHAHA. Gotta grind down some of your body panel to get rid of the fender flare though :D

BLITZEN
January 8th, 2008, 06:01
It's funny that someone would try to disguise their car as one that virtually no one knows anyway. If I told people I had a mustang I would get more "ooohs" than telling them I have an RS6.

DuckWingDuck
January 8th, 2008, 06:05
But, if you WERE in the know, then that'd be that much cooler! Although, I have to give him a few daps since there are so few RS6s around LA that he would take the time and effort to try to snazz up his car.

chewym
January 8th, 2008, 06:06
It's funny that someone would try to disguise their car as one that virtually no one knows anyway. If I told people I had a mustang I would get more "ooohs" than telling them I have an RS6.

True.

The worst one ever was the guy who put BMW badges (on the hood and the wheels) on a Honda Accord.

Boosted-Bora
January 8th, 2008, 06:12
that is funny as hell everyone wants to be the best....LOL

remind me of the time I was at a local VW Audi show here in MD and a guy pulls up with a pewter colored a6 with an RS6 badge on it. so I walked up to him and asked him was it an RS6 (to be an ass) and he said "yeah man why would you even ask" I was like "thats funny cause it looks nothing like mine" and pointed to mine:doh:

Hy Octane
January 8th, 2008, 16:53
Think I saw that one for sale on Ebay actually listed as an RS6..

ben916
January 8th, 2008, 17:09
I wanna do some faking out of my own and install some A6 and 4.2L badges in place of the RS6 badges. :hahahehe:

That would be hilarious!!! Or an A3 with the 1.8 badges... create them like refrigerator magnets so you can choose what you want to be today...

I would pay to see that one!!!

Pesky STI or Civic SI strolls up for a go and ya just flat hammer em!!!

i_am_Waz
January 8th, 2008, 18:45
You think anyone would notice if I 'Accord' my RS6?

Waz ~:rs6kiss:

Ignorance is not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better and doing it anyway. I have no patience with stupidity.

ben916
January 8th, 2008, 18:48
You think anyone would notice if I 'Accord' my RS6?

I might as i would have to RS6 my Accord....

skiwi
January 8th, 2008, 19:31
HAHAHAHA. Gotta grind down some of your body panel to get rid of the fender flare though :D

there are no special fender flares for the rs6. the fenders are the same as the a6 v8 and s6. they look different because of the wheels and offset.

i have throyght from time to time about removing the rs6 badge and putting a 2.5tdi badge in it's place. i wouldn't change the exhaust though....

Fonzie Audi
January 9th, 2008, 00:36
Wouldn't you know it but i saw a silver A6 4.2 TODAY with a RS6 badge on the left rear, and the 4.2 badge on the right. (found it funny cause my RS6 only has the one badge on the left..) Two 2' exhaust pipes.. NO RS6 front badge.. and a picture perfect driver - (wannabe badass, sunglasses and a backwards hat..)

i pulled up directly next to him on Hollywood Blvd and 24th, we were both three cars deep in line. I waited for the light to turn green and I took advantage of his rolled down windows..

"HEY! NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE AAAAAAAA SIIIIIIIIIX BUUUUUDY!" i screamed. He looked dead at me, i smiled, switched lanes, and bolted. i laughed all the way to work. It made me feel so good that this topic came up here and i got to spot that deuchebag.

i love my car.

papadoc
January 9th, 2008, 03:27
Can't believe there are two of these in California, and the car I saw looked exactly as you describe. Unbelievable.

DuckWingDuck
January 9th, 2008, 04:42
papadoc - clearly this means you should do a quick drive down to make the julian run with us socal guys!! Heh.

RS6 POWER
January 9th, 2008, 12:38
Looooooser!!!!!!

RS6 POWER
January 9th, 2008, 12:45
Wouldn't you know it but i saw a silver A6 4.2 TODAY with a RS6 badge on the left rear, and the 4.2 badge on the right. (found it funny cause my RS6 only has the one badge on the left..) Two 2' exhaust pipes.. NO RS6 front badge.. and a picture perfect driver - (wannabe badass, sunglasses and a backwards hat..)

i pulled up directly next to him on Hollywood Blvd and 24th, we were both three cars deep in line. I waited for the light to turn green and I took advantage of his rolled down windows..

"HEY! NIIIIIIIIIIIIICE AAAAAAAA SIIIIIIIIIX BUUUUUDY!" i screamed. He looked dead at me, i smiled, switched lanes, and bolted. i laughed all the way to work. It made me feel so good that this topic came up here and i got to spot that deuchebag.

i love my car.
Would of done the same thing...you see some wierd stuff here in PR, the is a guy who has a 740i and put GTR Skyline badges all over, and another with a 350z with Carrera badges...this is ridiculus, you have what you have.

Regards,
Manuel

SoCal
January 11th, 2008, 11:45
Came up behind a dark grey or black RS6 on the Hollywood Fwy in Downtown LA late one evening earlier this week. Cal. license ending in 471. After reading about the fakes and seeing that the car looked like it was lowered more than normal, I was suspicious. But came up close and saw rear hex trim, black exhaust tips and trunk lip spoiler and decided it was the real deal. Heard his sound enhanced exhaust when he pulled away, too, and he took off pretty quickly at the first opening, so no doubt. Too much traffic to have any fun, though, so I let him go. I'm always surprised how many RS6s I still see around L.A.

Carl Lassiter
January 11th, 2008, 16:06
Came up behind a dark grey or black RS6 on the Hollywood Fwy in Downtown LA late one evening earlier this week. Cal. license ending in 471. After reading about the fakes and seeing that the car looked like it was lowered more than normal, I was suspicious. But came up close and saw rear hex trim, black exhaust tips and trunk lip spoiler and decided it was the real deal. Heard his sound enhanced exhaust when he pulled away, too, and he took off pretty quickly at the first opening, so no doubt. Too much traffic to have any fun, though, so I let him go. I'm always surprised how many RS6s I still see around L.A.

I've seen the same one on the 101 N near Highland. He drives like an idiot.

DuckWingDuck
January 11th, 2008, 17:05
Man, I've never seen one! Though I do most of my driving on the westside and south.