PDA

View Full Version : First Nissan GT-R crash

trev0006
January 7th, 2008, 21:17
First Nissan GT-R crash
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/01/crashedgtr2un9.jpg
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/01/crashedgtrke8.jpg
Even with an advanced all-wheel-drive system, the Nissan GT-R must still be handle for some with its 480-horsepower twin-turbo 3.8L V6. Something like that must've been the case with the owner of this black GT-R, who has earned the distinctly displeasurable honor of being the first to crash a production Nissan GT-R. The location of the crash is unknown, though some forum goers have guessed Hong Kong. The circumstances surrounding the accident are also a mystery, though it's clear that the GT-R hit something almost head on and that its crumple zones do, in fact, work quite well. Hopefully we won't be posting about GT-Rs that bite the dust as often as we do Enzos, but clearly Nissan's new supercar needs to be respected by novice drivers.

ben916
January 7th, 2008, 23:14
Yep!!!

It is so new, there isn't a license plate/tag on the rear of the car. If there was one in the front, the guard rails is not giving it back....

HKS786
January 8th, 2008, 12:56
just seen it over at CSS. ouch...

MR USER
January 8th, 2008, 15:11
How come there is production GTR in china??? I thought the car was not out yet!

Can it be a 350Z modded to resemble a GTR

Leadfoot
January 8th, 2008, 16:11
China would be a perfect place for testing as there wouldn't be the same media presence there as there would be else where, also do we know when this crash was, you say it's a production car but it might be a pre-production being tested by some magazine.

ben916
January 8th, 2008, 18:53
From the photos of the street signs, the tow truck and the labels on the coats of the police, I wouldn't think it is mainland China. Maybe Taiwan? Someplace more english language friendly.

There is alot of fog or smog or haze or pollution....

Lateknight
January 8th, 2008, 19:50
Oops....:blush:

Theres always got to be a first.

Hong Kong????

cally
January 9th, 2008, 00:49
Yups its from Hong Kong, the place is actually is the main bus stop station in a place called whampoo. I cant think of a thing that could be crashed on to make this big damage to the car in that bus stop lol. Hope the guy is fine tho.

ben916
January 9th, 2008, 01:11
Yups its from Hong Kong, the place is actually is the main bus stop station in a place called whampoo. I cant think of a thing that could be crashed on to make this big damage to the car in that bus stop lol. Hope the guy is fine tho.

What about a bus? or a wall? The bus station sure lives up to its name...

minimad
January 10th, 2008, 01:43
From the photos of the street signs, the tow truck and the labels on the coats of the police, I wouldn't think it is mainland China. Maybe Taiwan? Someplace more english language friendly.

There is alot of fog or smog or haze or pollution....

It's not Taiwan, it's def. Hong Kong, 100%