PDA

View Full Version : Anyone recieved their US RS 6??

jimmy94507
June 21st, 2003, 18:29
Finnus, what's the latest status on your car?
Bajors6, does your friend in Racine have any updated date for receiving his car?
Has anyone in the Chicago area gotten their RS 6? I'll be in the Chicago area
June 26 through July 4. Would be great see an actual US version if there is a car in the Chicago area!
Regards, Jim

Erik
June 21st, 2003, 18:41
This interests me as well...as well as everybody else I think.

Where is the first US RS6? :addict:

Finnus
June 21st, 2003, 18:50
Jim & RS6,

Of the people on this website, RSJoe and my cars were the first to arrive in the US (Milestone 7) on 6/11. Last I checked with my dealer (Wednesday), my car was making it's way through emission and testing at the port site (Maryland) to ensure that no problems developed during shipping. My dealer uses an Audi system called "Checkpoint".

I might get the car as early as the middle of next week but nothing definite yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I've made arrangements for insurance, etc. & I'm ready to close the deal. I'll keep you posted as anything definte develops.

Finnus :cheers:

:addict: :addict: :addict:

jimmy94507
June 22nd, 2003, 04:09
Stopped at my dealer this afternoon.
Although my car still shows milestone 5 on the RS6 Web site, he learned from AOA that it has been transported to Emden. It will either leave port on 21 June, 24 June or 2 July, depending on how quickly they can get it on one of these 3 ships departing Emden for Houston.
Their first RS6 was scheduled to arrive in Houston on 19 June. Due to a small delay, it will arrive in Houston tomorrow. They should have it at the dealership when I return from Chicago on 5 July. My RS6 could arrive in Houston on the same day if it was shipped on 21 June. There is progress being made even though the status on the RS6 site doesn't reflect it.
Oh, he also told me that the AOA RS6 window stickers are scheduled to be published this coming Tuesday which will then allow cars to be shipped to their respective dealerships.
Finnus, based on his information, your car's window sticker should get to Maryland next week, your car released and then transported to your dealer. Please let us know what you learn next week and when you finally get to see it for the first time.
Regards, Jimmy:)

jconley
June 22nd, 2003, 21:22
Has anyone talked to their dealer about lease details yet? Are they really going to nail us to the wall?

NYCRS6
June 23rd, 2003, 02:13
I am expecting dealer delivery of a Daytona grey/silver interior RS6 sometime during the middle of the upcoming week, based on discussions I had with my CT dealer (New Country Audi) this past Friday. There is absolutely no information on lease /residual values available at this time. One presumes that AoA will publish these figures when cars begin arriving to dealers, but my anxiety is steadily increasing. I wonder just how feasible a shorter term (24 mo.) lease will be, especially considering the fact that the RS6 is a 2003 model. The rates/residual on the new 2004 A8L that I saw were incredibly favorable. All forum members who are expecting to lease the newly arriving cars should stay in touch during the upcoming week.

Finnus
June 25th, 2003, 06:09
I just returned from the West Coast & my frickin car is stuck in port waiting for the f---ing window stickers which are required by Federal law before the cars can be shipped! You think AOA could have had that little detail worked out ... Supposedly the car has been through it's port testing & emissions check.

:byeM5: :flamed: to AOA!*&%!!&*%!##

Finnus

rsjoe
June 25th, 2003, 13:51
I've never owned an Audi before and so far I'm highly unimpressed with the organization. This window sticker bs is so absurd that only stupidity could be a defense for lack of delivery. If there was an E55 available right now I'd say bye bye to the RS6 in a heartbeat. In fact if the test drive isn't worth the 85k I'll definitely be taking an 04 E55 as soon as one becomes available.

iconcls
June 25th, 2003, 13:53
I think YOU would be wise to choose the E55

Finnus
June 25th, 2003, 14:35
Joe,

BS (Caps) are the right words. Did your dealer tell you the same thing? It's especially silly/stupid/idoiotic/unbelievable ... since I recieved a mock-up of the window sticker about 3 months ago.

Finnus

rsjoe
June 25th, 2003, 16:47
I stopped into dealer Wed am. He went to the computer and found that the car had been "assigned to the dealer" which he said indicated that it has received that very hard to produce window sticker. I then asked when would you expect it to be assigned to a carrier, to which he responded "very soon". In other words, who knows! He then said it takes one day for dealer prep, which sometimes means all the techs and salesmen get to hammer on the car for a day. I would normally expect it to arrive at Audi of Nashua (NH) by July 1 or 2nd. Good luck on your end. With a little more luck the UAW will vote to go on strike July 1.

BBGT2
June 26th, 2003, 16:00
Jimmy, I havent talked to my friend in Racine in awhile he has been out of town and is coming back next week. I will post what he has heard of his delivery date. As far as you guys worrying about everyone at your Audi dealer driving your car around I raised the same question to my dealer and was told that I will be told when my car arrives via truck to them and I will be "invited" to meet the car when it is being taken off the truck to visualy inspect it, drool etc. check the odometer, after that the only person that will be allowed to drive the car is going to be the head tech/foreman for the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) and then its of to the detail boys. No one else will be allowed to drive the car whatsoever, I trust my salesman he is the sales manager there and a good friend he knows that I will be pretty upset if it was used for joy rides etc. As far as milestones are concerned mine did go to MS2 and then went back into planning, I hope they arent building it like their website progress reports states, where the marry the engine and tranny and then divorce them right after, oh well thats Audi for ya. It's good to hear you guys that your cars are awaiting transport and the ones that are in port, yours are closer to you than mine is for sure.

Bajo,:addict:

Bauer
June 26th, 2003, 17:12
Hello All,

First time on the site. I have a question for those of you about to receive your RS6. What was the approx time period from milestone 1 to what sounds like almost delivery in the US. I Live in Northern California and have a later production date and was wondering about time periods. My name in on the Audi site but no details about my order currently, its been like that for about two weeks. Also I have received mixed info about the cross drilled rotors, if they will have them or not. Thanks for your input.

Bauer
2001 S8
1992 S4

Bauer
June 26th, 2003, 17:25
Jconley,

As far as the lease is concerned I did a little checking and found other banking institutions that said once the car is published that they would lease on the it. Additionally, the sales manager at my delearship ran some estimate numbers based on Porsche percentage residuals because he felt that it was a pretty close reprsentation. I hope this helps

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4

rsjoe
June 26th, 2003, 19:01
Hit ms 1 on April 8. Hit ms 7 on June 11. Still waiting for a carrier assignment. Hope this helps.

jconley
June 26th, 2003, 19:07
Originally posted by Bauer
Jconley,

As far as the lease is concerned I did a little checking and found other banking institutions that said once the car is published that they would lease on the it. Additionally, the sales manager at my delearship ran some estimate numbers based on Porsche percentage residuals because he felt that it was a pretty close reprsentation. I hope this helps

Bauer
01 S8
92 S4

I think that porsche residuals probable aren't accurate even though the RS6 is rare...I would guess for 55-60% on a 36 month 12K mile lease...that maybe be high though.

Bauer
June 26th, 2003, 19:56
On a 48 month 15K a year milage he was assuming about 50%.

jconley
June 26th, 2003, 20:28
Originally posted by Bauer
On a 48 month 15K a year milage he was assuming about 50%.

Did he say anything about money factors?

Bauer
June 26th, 2003, 23:15
Sorry, I can't recall the excact money factor right now but I do believe that it was not too bad (it really should'nt be as money is very cheap these days).......also just a side note he might have been low balling the numbers to make them look better. It would'nt suprise me. I do know that on my S8 Audi's lease terms sucked and I ended up going with a local bank that had better terms. Sorry I can't be more specific, I will try and find out.

jimmy94507
June 27th, 2003, 15:36
Bauer,

Send me an e-mail (jimmy94507@earthlink.net) and let me know how I can contact you after 7/5. I live in Alamo and we can compare notes, if you'd like.

Regards, Jim