PDA

View Full Version : Trim Trade?

i_am_Waz
January 6th, 2008, 19:33
Those who came in here looking for my girlfriend will be disapointed! :lovl:

Since I am limited on where and what I find regarding the purchase of my second RS6 I wondered if anyone knows of a place to purchase the wood trim kit for an RS6?

I found a car but it has the Carbon Fiber and I would like to switch it out. OEM from dealer is $2k as you have to buy each piece independently.

Heck~ I would be willing to trade someone straight up my Carbon for their Wood if interested....

Waz ~:rs6kiss:

Ignorance is not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better and doing it anyway. I have no patience with stupidity.

RS6-4dr911
January 7th, 2008, 03:42
If I can't have the gf, certainly don't need your wood.

Kidding of course - I might consider that CF swap though. How hard is it to get all of it out? I'm not going to do it if it one of these things where you end up ruining the stuff getting out.

LIRS6
January 7th, 2008, 20:02
Someone on the AW RS6 board just posted saying he is considering buying an RS6 with wood trim, but he wants CF - have a look at his post.

snoopra
January 8th, 2008, 17:49
Check ebay.de for OEM wood trim.

i_am_Waz
January 8th, 2008, 18:07
Thank you all for the reply. I am VERY Happy to say that someone has sent me an email and they live 20 minutes from here and they are willing to do the swap!

So we are planning to meet and get it done and I thank you all for your help and advice.

LIRS ~ For future reference where's the AW Rs6 board?

Waz ~:rs6kiss:

Ignorance is not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better and doing it anyway. I have no patience with stupidity.

Boston Driver
January 8th, 2008, 19:46
Here is the link you are seeking: AudiWorld RS6 forum (http://forums.audiworld.com/rs6/)

Definitely not as active as this forum, but some pretty colorful characters over there :)))

03train
January 22nd, 2008, 05:24
Waz...did you ever have any luck with your trim trade???

Boosted-Bora
January 22nd, 2008, 05:36
Waz...did you ever have any luck with your trim trade???

yeah man we will be making the trade this weekend.

03train
January 22nd, 2008, 05:50
Any idea as to resources where I might find a carbon kit?? Checked Ebay and didn't find anything...

Boosted-Bora
January 22nd, 2008, 16:14
dealer is the only i would use expensive but OEM

03train
January 22nd, 2008, 16:22
Bummer...thanks for the info though.

i_am_Waz
January 22nd, 2008, 17:08
You can also check with the guy from France that just totaled his RS6 last week. Perhaps he will sell his CF.

Waz :rs6kiss:

03train
January 22nd, 2008, 18:12
Guy from France???

Boosted-Bora
January 22nd, 2008, 23:25
oh yeah forgot about him his SN is "fredb"

i_am_Waz
January 22nd, 2008, 23:29
He posted on the DRC Repair Followup thread.

Waz

Boosted-Bora
January 26th, 2008, 00:20
cant wait to make that trade tomrrow

Boosted-Bora
January 26th, 2008, 23:18
Thanks a lot Jean it was nice to meet you and your car is super clean.
I love the carbon.:heart:

i_am_Waz
January 27th, 2008, 04:08
it was nice to meet you and your car is super clean.
I love the carbon.:heart:

Actually ~ thank you Drew! If you had not stepped up and accepted the trade I was going to pass on the car. Now that I have had a few days I am VERY glad I didn't pass on it!

Let's get together again soon and thanks for the swap!

Waz :heart: :rs6kiss:

Boosted-Bora
January 27th, 2008, 16:09
No problem brother i will give you a call soon as a few of us will all be meeting up in the Rockville area soon.