PDA

View Full Version : Extended Warranty and more....

i_am_Waz
January 6th, 2008, 02:47
Hello~

I am considering my second RS6 and am having trouble finding a comprehensive 3rd party Extended Warranty out there and wondered if anyone had any suggestions or advice.

I am looking at a CPO w/35k and already had the 35k maitenance (Thank God) and so want to make sure I am covering my arse.

Also wondered what the experience was on the cost of the 70k maitenance. I was lucky on the first RS6 that it was all covered under maitenance plan ~ won't be so lucky this time around.

Would appreciate any advice!

:cheers:

Thanks~
Waz

Ignorance is not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better and doing it anyway.
I have no patience with stupidity.

DuckWingDuck
January 6th, 2008, 03:33
Search button is your friend! Fidelity is the provider you're looking for.

i_am_Waz
January 6th, 2008, 03:52
Mucho Gracias my friend!

Waz

10SecS4
January 6th, 2008, 04:40
I'm going through the same thing right now. I'm doing tons of homework on aftermarket warranties. Right now I'm leaning towards Fidelity without the Audi brand name. It's the same exact warranty but a lot cheaper since you can buy it anywhere (not just an Audi store).

I still have a lot of research left... I want to talk to a lot of service advisors/managers at local Audi dealers and find out what their experiences are with Fidelity and other aftermarket warranty companies. I'll update this thread once I make my selection. :)

i_am_Waz
January 6th, 2008, 04:52
10secS4 ~

Please let me know. Here's what I have found so far. Penske Audi is moving to UAG which is pretty good, but the most they offer is 48months/48k for about $2600

I looked at Warrentech, but you have to buy it through a dealer.

Got information for First Automotive also, but they won't cover the important Timing Belt, but did have a 5yr/100k; 5yr/125k & 6yr/100k with $100 deduct. BBB showed them with a CC score which is better then the Fidelity D, but beggers can't be choosers.

I contact 15 others that will not cover the RS6.

Hope this helps~
Waz

Ignorance is not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better and doing it anyway. I have no patience with stupidity.

10SecS4
January 6th, 2008, 05:17
I'm having sample contracts from Fidelity, Marathon, and Mercury e-mailed to me on Monday.

I'm also going to explore GE Capital and Millennium, as these are two that a buddy of mine who owns a shop deals with on a regular basis.

I'm still thinking Fidelity might be best since Audi dealerships deal with them all the time due to the "Audi Pure Protection" warranties which are of course administered by Fidelity. I do want to talk to some service advisors and service managers first though.

MrCoupe
January 28th, 2008, 06:55
Since it appears that I may be purchasing an RS6 soon and a warranty is at the top of my "must buy immediately" list, I'm wondering if anyone (10SecS4 or I_am_Waz ..or others) ever came to any conclusions or arrived at a clear favorite among the various warrantees listed in this thread.

Two additional questions I have are:
1) Does anyone have experience with Warranty Direct? They seem to offer a couple good options for the RS6 and from what I've read, do a good job paying claims
2) I've read that the best pricing on Fidelity warrantees can be had by buying directly from them...but I'm embarrassed to say that I'm having a hard time finding them! Anyone got a link or phone # to reach them at?

DuckWingDuck
January 28th, 2008, 07:04
MrCoupe - you cannot buy directly from Fidelity but you can buy them from a non-Audi dealership.

i_am_Waz
January 28th, 2008, 11:36
I'm wondering if anyone (10SecS4 or I_am_Waz ..or others) ever came to any conclusions or arrived at a clear favorite among the various warrantees listed in this thread.

This issue bacame such a pain in the ass for me I finally decided to purchase a CPO through Penske Automotive and bought their extended warranty (Untied Auto Group = UAG).

I contacted about 20 places and 15 of them would not take on the RS6 (They would take the S6 and S8 and one place would take the RS4 ~ but wouldn't offer coverage on the RS6). I found one that offered great coverage (Warrentech) but they wouldn't sell me direct, I could only buy it through a dealer and the only dealer I found was the local Audi dealer who did not have an RS6 on their lot... The only 3 companies I did find that offered me a quote were not in very good standing with the Better Business Bureau (including the D ranking of Fidelity)and more importantly, when I asked them to send me a copy of the actual contract to look over, I noticed they would NOT cover the timing belt. One was extremely enticing as it offered a 5yr/120k extended warranty~ but you know what they say about getting what you pay for! Make sure you read the fine print.

I did coclude that most of the reputable warranties were dols via dealers only ~ I couldn't find one on the internet.

So... all that being said ~ it forced my hand to go with the CPO vehicle from a dealer who then also sold an extended warranty from a reputable company ~ only problem was that the max was 48mo/48k. Couldn't get something with more milage or months....

Hope this helps~ :cheers:

Waz :heart: :rs6kiss:

Ignorance is not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better and doing it anyway. I have no patience with stupidity.