January 5th, 2008, 21:24
Dear Friends,

came across this Link. Might be interesting for one- or another:

http://www.forum-auto.com/marques/audi/sujet1548.htm

Qisha

artur777
January 5th, 2008, 22:03
Dear Qisha,

could you guess please when we will see S5 with tiptronic / DSG?
I think that the car will be a lot more popular with it.
Thanks in advance.

PS The pics are nice indeed!

Leadfoot
January 5th, 2008, 22:17
While we are on that subject, when is QTV going to be introduced across the range and what car might be launched with it first?

Qisha
January 5th, 2008, 22:19
Dear artur777,

you can already order the S5 with Tiptronic. The latest Dealer EVA (Audi Ordering/Info System) Update (KW02/08) included all Details.

The Pricelist is updated as well since of today:

http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/product/a5.Par.0003.File.pdf

Some Details about the S5 Tiptronic:

- Emission is lowered to 256 g/km
- Fuel consumption is lowered to an average of 10.8l/100km (RL 80/1268/EWG)
- 0-100 km/h: 5.4s
- Shifting times are modified to match S-Model characteristics
- Tiptronic does rev-match on downshifts
- 3-Spoke Paddle Shift Steering Wheel included

Base Price Germany: 58.350 Euro incl. Tax

Qisha

artur777
January 5th, 2008, 22:47
Dear artur777,

you can already order the S5 with Tiptronic. The latest Dealer EVA (Audi Ordering/Info System) Update (KW02/08) included all Details.

The Pricelist is updated as well since of today:

http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/product/a5.Par.0003.File.pdf

Some Details about the S5 Tiptronic:

- Emission is lowered to 256 g/km
- Fuel consumption is lowered to an average of 10.8l/100km (RL 80/1268/EWG)
- 0-100 km/h: 5.4s
- Shifting times are modified to match S-Model characteristics
- Tiptronic does rev-match on downshifts
- 3-Spoke Paddle Shift Steering Wheel included

Base Price Germany: 58.350 Euro incl. Tax

Qisha

Dear Qisha,

thanks for the answer.
Very nice information!

A lot of my friends and me waited for S5 TipTronic!
BTW, why did Audi decide to put TipTronic instead of S-Tronic?

I drove TT with S-Tronic - it's fantastic!

Artur

AndyBG
January 6th, 2008, 01:29
S-tronic (DSG) is still only avalible for models with transversal position of the engine (TT, A3...)

artur777
January 6th, 2008, 02:08
S-tronic (DSG) is still only avalible for models with transversal position of the engine (TT, A3...)

You mean, Audi is in the process of developing new S-Tronic for MLP Platform?

AndyBG
January 6th, 2008, 04:05
You mean, Audi is in the process of developing new S-Tronic for MLP Platform?

Something like that, ''longitudal'' S-tronic (DSG) is roumerd to be offered on the future Q5, but I can't say anything more B/C I don't know nothing... Important thing for you is that S5 or any other A5 want be getting S-tronic in the near future.

Leadfoot
January 6th, 2008, 10:59
I was told some time ago that the DSG and Hi-power 3.0TDi would be introduced with the Q5 but I am starting to have my doubts. Maybe it's me but I don't see the logic of introducing the Tiptronic in any of the new MLP platform cars at all if the DSG version is only months away.

Unless things have delayed and won't be introduced at the launch of the Q5.

w00d00
January 6th, 2008, 13:57
very very nice:heart:

raulg
January 7th, 2008, 05:13
very very nice:heart:

Indeed, nice thread/information. Now, please elaborate some more ... the guys who know it ... we will just listen :)

Any inside information about DSG on the A4 B8, A5/S5? Like a release date :)

I "hate" Audi (and all car makers) for not sharing at least 6-12 months in advance with us ... If I need a car I might wait a little for a better one and I would be happier. Today is like a guess: buy something today and next month the car is getting some spaking new features that you can't add on your one month old car. Tiptronic vs DSG is a huge difference.. tiptronic buyers should be advise that in near future DSG is coming on the S5, if so ...

Leadfoot
January 7th, 2008, 10:55
Indeed, nice thread/information. Now, please elaborate some more ... the guys who know it ... we will just listen :)

I "hate" Audi (and all car makers) for not sharing at least 6-12 months in advance with us ... If I need a car I might wait a little for a better one and I would be happier. Today is like a guess: buy something today and next month the car is getting some spaking new features that you can't add on your one month old car. Tiptronic vs DSG is a huge difference.. tiptronic buyers should be advise that in near future DSG is coming on the S5, if so ...

If you think about it, in a way sites like this one are providing the info though the back door so the speak. ;)

Qisha
January 7th, 2008, 10:59
While we are on that subject, when is QTV going to be introduced across the range and what car might be launched with it first?

Dear Leadfoot,

at this time the quattro sportdifferential is scheduled to be introduced with the new Audi S4. Further the system will be available as a option for either the S5, Q5 (2009 Model year) and new RS4 (2010 Model year).

Qisha

Leadfoot
January 7th, 2008, 11:11
Thanks for the info Qisha, is it going to be the case that it will be offered to all of the range or only the S and RS models as your statement doesn't explain this.

BigRick
January 9th, 2008, 14:27

Hi Raulg,

It didn't cross your mind that they do that on purpose... After all this way you will end up buying two cars instead of only one. Well, I'm pushing it a bit but you get the idea. Car builders don't share too much in advance because that would devaluate the current products... and we all know cars already devaluate really fast.
so that's just the way the car market goes... and it also applies to many other products. The longer you keep the secrets the longer the current product retain his value.

Cheers!

Qisha
January 11th, 2008, 22:20
Dear Friends,

some of you might be interested in the new Tiptronic. To give you some more detailed information about this Tiptronic:

-the Tiptronic is engineered by ZF
-Type: 6HP28

Benefits:

First improvement is the ability to lock-up the torque converter in all gears. To be exact, @lower engine speed: 1000/1100 RPM. (older TT verisons need 1500 RPM). This will reduce the amount of energy that can be lost to the transmission fluid. What does that mean? The engine is more directly connected to the wheels, like a manual transmission; less time dissipating energy in the torque converter fluid. This is leading to a higher torque converter efficiency, 92% (!). (a typical torque converter has 80-85% efficiency). Many oil channels in the hydraulic controller are shorter and wider, also improving efficiency. This transmission is able to take 700NM of torque, weight is slightly higher -92,5KG- than the previous 6HP-26 (600NM, 89KG). The transmission can jump over a gear completely- up to three gears, when going from 6th down to 2nd, or 5th down to 1st for example. Fuel economy is ~3% (for petrol engines, 6% for diesel). Shift times are improved, response time for downshifts is 80ms for example. Does "rev-match" while downshifts.

Overall great improvement and totally recommandable.

Qisha

PS: BMW 335i/d and X3 (since Prod. 09/2006) use this transmission as well.

http://www.zf.com/content/media/import/konzern/produktwelten/pkw/highlights/kundennutzen/bilder_gross/061110__6HP28.jpg

Leadfoot
January 11th, 2008, 22:42
Well that is interesting as I have tried the 335d and found it the best automatic I have every sampled. :thumb:

The amount of torque this is capable of dealing with is more interesting as it does open up possible ideas for future developments. :hahahehe:

artur777
January 12th, 2008, 00:54
Agree, I have tried 335i amd it's automatic is really very good - to say more, the best I have tried before!

And two more questions to Qisha: why didn't you mention RS5 in the list of QTV cars? RS5 should get it in first ;-) and to my mind RS5 would appear in the market earlier than RS4 considering that A5 is newer than A4 ;-)

Dear Qisha, and the automatic on RS6 - is is the same as on S5?

Thanks in advance.
Artur777

raulg
January 12th, 2008, 06:00
Dear Friends,

some of you might be interested in the new Tiptronic. To give you some more detailed information about this Tiptronic:

-the Tiptronic is engineered by ZF
-Type: 6HP28

Overall great improvement and totally recommandable.

Qisha

PS: BMW 335i/d and X3 (since Prod. 09/2006) use this transmission as well.

http://www.zf.com/content/media/import/konzern/produktwelten/pkw/highlights/kundennutzen/bilder_gross/061110__6HP28.jpg

Just to make it clear, this is the tiptronic on the S5 auto then, right?
Do you know if will hit other Audi cars, like the RS5, S4, etc? I guess the DSG is kinda off if Audi started using this tip now.

As artur777 said, any news about the RS5? The only thing that's on the net for now is some photoshop with the promise of 450hp out of V8 TT, but it seems they are just guessing; since the next RS4 is quite a few years away, I'd like some info about the RS5, like trans, engine, and the aprox release date. I would be happy even with "this summer" or "this year" or "next year" ... any info is good :)