PDA

View Full Version : R8 V12 TDi Anyone??

Qriouz
January 4th, 2008, 16:33
Have you guys seen this???
The diesel version is soon here with 500 horses and 1000 nm!!!!!!

The ultimate diesel!!

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/01/leaked-audi-to-present-r8-v12-tdi-study.html

itisme
January 4th, 2008, 16:36
yes, it's on discussion in another thread. Good we have one now espacially for this topic.

here is also some info:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080104.006/leaked-audi-r8-v12-tdi-study-for-detroit

I for my own must say it is great news!

we drive diesel engines since i can rember because we have a trailer and no other engine (excluded big petrol engines) can handl a trailer so easy. The developement on diesel since 1995 in a Peugeot to our actual Diesel in VW Sharan 1,9TDi is enourmous. It's so much fun to annoy 318i with such a big car. Drove the 2,7TDI once in a A4 Avant. Georgous.. can only imagine how a 3.0 TDi is performing. Think it's about time for sports car with Diesel. And who else then Audi could do that in perfection? right.. none!

KarlMarx
January 4th, 2008, 17:47
I thought this might happen - petrol gives way to diesel...which is partly why I've gone for the new RS6 and not waited for anything else. (Well, that's one of the excuses I've told myself!)

Mr Balsen
January 4th, 2008, 19:56
If this study is as realistic as the Q7 V12, we will not see the real car for a while...

Anyway, I saw very very closely an Audi V12 TDI engine about two weeks ago, I can't see how it will fit, intercoolers included in the R8 chassis. Except if air/water intercoolers are used...

Cheers,
Frederic

KresoF1
January 4th, 2008, 20:11
Excellent point Frederic! In another thread I am talking like a parrot.... Dry sump version of V12 TDI-no automatic gearbox(since non of current ZFs Tiptronic that Audi uses can not be combined with dry sump engine, even the latest 8speed version). Dry sump version of V12 TDI-then gearbox is from Veyron(Ricardo's DSG). Your point about air/water intercoolers is very,very valid one as well.

If dry sump version of V12 TDI then oil tank is huge-were to put it in that(R8s) engine bay?

Audiphile
January 4th, 2008, 20:16
So, what happened to all the talk of V10TT completely new engine for the R8? :vhmmm: Will the V10 be shown at another show, likely Europe?

Damienr8
January 4th, 2008, 20:19
Have you guys seen this???
The diesel version is soon here with 500 horses and 1000 nm!!!!!!

The ultimate diesel!!

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2008/01/leaked-audi-to-present-r8-v12-tdi-study.html

A Supercar weighing in at 3800+ lbs doesn't sound appetizing to me. Just my opinion.

Z07
January 4th, 2008, 23:14
A Supercar weighing in at 3800+ lbs doesn't sound appetizing to me. Just my opinion.

You'd be suprised how well a 3800+lb car can handle these days. 3800lbs is about 1730kg. It's therefore lighter than a GTR.

Frankly I think this R8 TDi is a very interesting development and look forward to it immensely.

Damienr8
January 4th, 2008, 23:38
You'd be suprised how well a 3800+lb car can handle these days. 3800lbs is about 1730kg. It's therefore lighter than a GTR.

Frankly I think this R8 TDi is a very interesting development and look forward to it immensely.

I don't for one second put any disbelief into the handling characteristics, driving dynamics, etc. of the car. I just dont like the idea of at 3800 lb supercar, that's all.

Erik
January 5th, 2008, 08:23
http://www.a3quattro.de/include.php?path=forum/showthread.php&threadid=4120

http://images.worldcarfans.com/articles/2008/1/4/9080104.006/9080104.006.1M.jpg

Pics
http://www.a3quattro.de/technik/Audi-R8/R8-V12TDI-groß1.jpg
http://www.a3quattro.de/technik/Audi-R8/R8-V12TDI-groß2.jpg

Qisha
January 5th, 2008, 12:17
Dear Friends,

the engine does have a dry sump lubrication system. The oil storage tank is placed counterpart to the gas tank. The oil is forwarded through deep mounted oil coolers (behind Sideblades) by a bilge pump. Water-intercoolers are located in the front, two sitting left/right behind the (larger) air intakes, the center mounted 3rd one behind the singleframe. Capacities are increased by ~30% for thermic reliability. The oil circulation is good for a lateral acceleration up to 1.21g.

Ricardo (r) is technology partner of Audi Motorsport since the last 7 years and does have a large portion on five le Mans victories. As you might know, they supply the transmission for the Peugeot 908 le Mans Racer as well. All V12 TDi. So you might get a idea who belikely have assisted in fitting a transmission to the concept.

Qisha

artur777
January 5th, 2008, 12:36
Dear Friends,

the engine does have a dry sump lubrication system. The oil storage tank is placed counterpart to the gas tank. The oil is forwarded through deep mounted oil coolers (behind Sideblades) by a bilge pump. Water-intercoolers are located in the front, two sitting left/right behind the (larger) air intakes, the center mounted 3rd one behind the singleframe. Capacities are increased by ~30% for thermic reliability. The oil circulation is good for a lateral acceleration up to 1.21g.

Ricardo (r) is technology partner of Audi Motorsport since the last 7 years and does have a large portion on five le Mans victories. As you might know, they supply the transmission for the Peugeot 908 le Mans Racer as well. All V12 TDi. So you might get a idea who belikely have assisted in fitting a transmission to the concept.

Qisha

The car seems to be a sort of genius / masterpiece!
It's worth looking at anyway - who knows, maybe in 10-15 years we will have a lot of diesel supercars around

KresoF1
January 5th, 2008, 12:37
Dear Friends,

Qisha

Dear Qisha,

Thanks for the info! The only problem is potential price tag of R8 TDI... With all these features its price could be at Porsche 997 GT2 level(in Germany more then €190K)...

One question for you-forthcoming R8 V10... 5.2L V10 with more then 500hp? Manual and R-Tronic options?

Kreso

KresoF1
January 5th, 2008, 12:48
And that 1.21g of lateral acceleration is nothing special since normal R8 can achive 1.30g...

Mr Balsen
January 5th, 2008, 13:07
Qisha,

Thanks for confirming the air/water intercoolers for that R8 V12 TDI. I was pretty sure there was no other technical solution...

Frederic

Qisha
January 5th, 2008, 13:11
Dear KresoF1,

the R8 V10:

with having the valid/upcoming emission regulations in mind, the V10 5.2l engine is good for 98- to max. ~104hp/l. This will gíve you a poweroutput spectrum from approx. 510- to 540HP. Cold start emissions- and the warm-up stage is a point to name. Latest regulations are very respective and will limit the poweroutput spectrum to the numbers above.

As the R-tronic is not well seen/experienced by the "normal" driving customers, no matter how fast and improving it can be under hard/race driving- the S-tronic is politically intended , yes. A manual option is certain.

Qisha

KresoF1
January 5th, 2008, 13:29
Dear KresoF1,

the R8 V10:

with having the valid/upcoming emission regulations in mind, the V10 5.2l engine is good for 98- to max. ~104hp/l. This will gíve you a poweroutput spectrum from approx. 510- to 540HP. Cold start emissions- and the warm-up stage is a point to name. Latest regulations are very respective and will limit the poweroutput spectrum to the numbers above.

As the R-tronic is not well seen/experienced by the "normal" driving customers, no matter how fast and improving it can be under hard/race driving- the S-tronic is politically intended , yes. A manual option is certain.

Qisha

Dear Qisha,

Thanks! So, can we say it that R8 V10 will be offered with manual and S-Tronic? S-Tronic(DSG) is already here http://www.getrag.de/en/253 ...

Also introduction? Paris 2008 or little bit earlier? My dealer said Paris to me...

Regarding performance I expect 0-100km/h in 4.2s and top speed of 310km/h... I hope that I am correct here...