PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Lamborghini LP640 vs 1200RWHP Toyota Supra

trev0006
January 2nd, 2008, 21:36
2008 Lamborghini LP640 vs 1200RWHP Toyota Supra (http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-08/01-03-08page-2008-Lamborghini-LP640-vs-1200RWHP-Toyota-Supra.htm)

ben916
January 2nd, 2008, 22:04
hmmm, that is a toss up on which one to take based on reliablility...

Z07
January 4th, 2008, 18:57
... and with the Lambo putting your foot down isn't like waiting for a cake to bake, but I guess that's another use for left foot braking.

Mr Balsen
January 4th, 2008, 19:31
10 years from now, the Miurcelago will still be a dream car like the Diablo is today.
The supra will be very old...

Frederic

c32used
January 4th, 2008, 19:32
I didn't think the LP640 could take out a 1200RWHP Supra annd the cost to make a Supra that much power is alot less then then the LP640. As for reliability well with Insurance and basic maintenance costs of the LP640 well the Toyota sounds more promising but where the Toyota loses hands down is the Beauty the Lambo has...:hahahehe:

Leadfoot
January 4th, 2008, 21:07
All this sort of stuff will ever prove is that a tuned car can be quicker than stock. This has been common knowledge for over 50 years, but what it really proves is that money buys you class and that is something no modified car will buy you.

The best laugh is to hear guys with their tuned 335i BMWs talking about how much quicker they are than an M3 or M5 but they will never get the point that one is special (M3, M5) and the other is not (335i), that's how the manufacturers wanted it and no amount of modifying will change that.

The same applies here...................but man is that Supra quick.

Z07
January 4th, 2008, 22:26
Leadie, why use a 335i? Being quicker than an M3 V8 only requires a good example of a stock US or UK-spec Supra:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPLcs_rfDrw

Leadfoot
January 4th, 2008, 22:37
Leadie, why use a 335i? Being quicker than an M3 V8 only requires a good example of a stock US or UK-spec Supra:

Yeah, seen that already. The reason I chose the 335i was that most American members would understand where I was coming from with my comments. It seems that over here the 335i is a car which is currently being modified more than most and the cost of modifying is relatively cheap. You will remember a while back when the talk was 400+hp at the rear wheels with only a chip upgrade and an exhaust.

My point was you can make a 335i out perform an M3 for very little cash but it will never be as good as the M3, in much the same way as a tuned A41.8T can do the same but it won't be a RS4.

This Supra may have been much quicker than the P640 but at the end of the day it is only a Supra and only guys who wear their baseball caps on back to front and say things like 'word' and 'respec' will give it a second glance next to a Lambo.

Z07
January 4th, 2008, 23:21
Yeah, seen that already. The reason I chose the 335i was that most American members would understand where I was coming from with my comments. It seems that over here the 335i is a car which is currently being modified more than most and the cost of modifying is relatively cheap. You will remember a while back when the talk was 400+hp at the rear wheels with only a chip upgrade and an exhaust.

My point was you can make a 335i out perform an M3 for very little cash but it will never be as good as the M3, in much the same way as a tuned A41.8T can do the same but it won't be a RS4.

This Supra may have been much quicker than the P640 but at the end of the day it is only a Supra and only guys who wear their baseball caps on back to front and say things like 'word' and 'respec' will give it a second glance next to a Lambo.

I agree with the LP640 vs Supra affair. You only have to look at the throttle response of the LP to know which is the supercar. However, on the M3 front, the big problem with M3s has always been the lack of headroom in terms of modification. You can do it but it's bloody expensive. A 335i with a chip can produce as much power as an M3 and way, way more torque, making for a much faster and easier road drive. Whether it matches the M3 on track is another matter.

ben916
January 5th, 2008, 01:12
The Lambo has some history were as the Toyota doesnt.

In 20 years the Lambo will still be worth something were as the Toyota will be scrap as it was wrapped around a tree or a guard rail.

Toyota has ALWAYS been an econo-box mode of passionless transportation.

Lambo has ALWAYS been pushing the envelope in style, power, technology, etc.

raulg
January 5th, 2008, 03:16
Who cares if the toyota wins? It's heavily modified, it's supposed to win, it has more than double the hp. What is the big deal anyway? Any 1200hp car would take a 500hp car, taking about pretty much same weight/street cars. But, nobody will ever care about the toyota, on the other side EVERYONE will notice the Lambo.

Fix the Lambo to 1200hp+ and re-do the test. Pointless anyway, it's a toyota against a Lamborghini! Not a single person on this world will even turn it's head after that toyoyota when the Lambo is parked close to him/her.

c32used
January 5th, 2008, 05:58

They may take a second look but the Lambo will still get ther attention more....the Supra can be had for ALOT less and a LP640 while Supra owners will dream of owning a car like it even if they mod their car to be faster. I can imagine in the Supra forums they rave over the win but at the same time I bet most if given the choice of owning either one it would be the LP640 hands down...they may lie if reading this thread but in reality the truth and common sence would elect the LP640 the Victor unanimosly in the desire to have catergory.:cheers: .

c32used
January 5th, 2008, 06:10
Who cares if the toyota wins? It's heavily modified, it's supposed to win, it has more than double the hp. What is the big deal anyway? Any 1200hp car would take a 500hp car, taking about pretty much same weight/street cars. But, nobody will ever care about the toyota, on the other side EVERYONE will notice the Lambo.

Fix the Lambo to 1200hp+ and re-do the test. Pointless anyway, it's a toyota against a Lamborghini! Not a single person on this world will even turn it's head after that toyoyota when the Lambo is parked close to him/her.

Come on its only to show that a modified car can take on the best thats all...I say do this with a modded Lambo TT like this http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c765eb6f-51c7-4b7f-96f5-99e800a3a8fc.htm and I bet the outcome won't be the same....

Once we get to that level Supercar most don't really desire to alter their expensive cars and the ones that do well its cause one they have the money and two they get used to the already outrages factory power...if I had the money I would prefer something like a Ferrari F430 TT or Lambo Reventon TT or a Porsche GT2 modified to about 900 rwhp then you will see me pray to the car gods...:lovl:

Duma
January 5th, 2008, 12:26
supra 1200hp VS lambo 650hp........

c32used
January 5th, 2008, 17:37
supra 1200hp VS lambo 650hp........

Are you talking about the first link above? The LP640 has 640 hp at the crank the Reventon has 650 hp at the crank. The second link well I believe those are standard Lambo M one stock and one with TT.

:incar: :incar: :incar:

Z07
January 5th, 2008, 20:00
The Lambo has some history were as the Toyota doesnt.

In 20 years the Lambo will still be worth something were as the Toyota will be scrap as it was wrapped around a tree or a guard rail.

Toyota has ALWAYS been an econo-box mode of passionless transportation.

Lambo has ALWAYS been pushing the envelope in style, power, technology, etc.
Actually whilst I agree that the LP640 is clearly a nicer car, that's not a valid argument. The Murcielago has about the worst depreciation of any supercar and their history is that they used to make tractors until their boss had a disagreement with Enzo.

The Murcielago depreciates by a greater amount and a greater percentage in 3 years, than the US-spec supra has in 10-15 years. I appreciate what you're trying to say but you said it all wrong. The LP640 is a nicer car because it's nicer to sit in, has a proper V12 to produce the power (not a fizzed up 6 cyl), it has a far superior ride quality and AWD as a bonus.

Ruergard
January 6th, 2008, 21:35
Interesting videos both of them, and I know wich car I would take home.. ;)

ben916
January 7th, 2008, 17:11
Actually whilst I agree that the LP640 is clearly a nicer car, that's not a valid argument. The Murcielago has about the worst depreciation of any supercar and their history is that they used to make tractors until their boss had a disagreement with Enzo.

The Murcielago depreciates by a greater amount and a greater percentage in 3 years, than the US-spec supra has in 10-15 years. I appreciate what you're trying to say but you said it all wrong. The LP640 is a nicer car because it's nicer to sit in, has a proper V12 to produce the power (not a fizzed up 6 cyl), it has a far superior ride quality and AWD as a bonus.

Thank you for the details on what I "said it all wrong". I thought most people would understand, but your clarification is good.

It is difficult to compare a car that the production line stopped before the production started for the other. It is like comparing the 1972 Datsun 240Z against the new '07 Nissan 350Z. Ok that is stretching it a bit...

The price points are completely different, therefore the depreciation is not linear or predictable. It maybe that the Murcielago has flooded the market making them easy to obtain? It seems like there are a ton of Murcielago and Diablos for sale...

It is almost that you have to get one at the very lowest price and then wait for Darwin to claim a few....