PDA

View Full Version : APR Exhaust?

Fonzie Audi
December 30th, 2007, 02:00
I did a couple searches to get some feedback on the APR exhaust for the 03 sedan; and the few tidbits i was able to find don't seem too positive. I had APR exhaust/test pipe on my previous (2.0T A4) and was very satisfied.. although the response doesn't seem to be the same with the RS6.

Anyone have/heard the APR exhaust on an RS6?

AuditudeA642
January 1st, 2008, 18:47
i have not heard any good things about that exhaust. I would go with the Milltek.

Fonzie Audi
January 1st, 2008, 21:21
Thank you for the response. I have a really close friend/APR distributor and I was hoping APR would be a good fit.. but it looks i should go in a different direction. Thanks again

peiserg
January 2nd, 2008, 00:33
while i have to admit the milltek was well constructed and sounds incredible... especially nice is the lack of cabin noise despite the outside volume....

$5000 is way too much for the minimal HP increase. I dyno'd before and after and picked up maybe 15hp.

I'd go for a cheaper exhaust considering the HP per dollar is poor.

RS6 POWER
January 2nd, 2008, 16:18
In my opinion, having already on my car the full Miltek exhaust...I would just take of the resonators and replace them with 3" stainless steel piping and then remove the mufflers and replace them with 2 Borla universal mufflers...you will save a lot of money and pretty much do the same thing as one of the expensive tuners in the market...

Just my two cents,
Manuel

Fonzie Audi
January 2nd, 2008, 17:59
Thanks for the feedback.. i'm not too concerned with cabin noise, just very interested in a deep, throaty sound.. i want to scare people when i drive by :) (i don't want the RS6 to sound like a mustang, but i want my beast to growl)

RS6 POWER
January 3rd, 2008, 02:27
Thanks for the feedback.. i'm not too concerned with cabin noise, just very interested in a deep, throaty sound.. i want to scare people when i drive by :) (i don't want the RS6 to sound like a mustang, but i want my beast to growl)
I think it would be your best bet...this is the way to go, and the sound with the Borla's would be awesome!!! Your are going to save a lot of money... here are the Borla's;
http://www.borla.com/products/product_multi_detail.aspx?cat=5&type=72&desc=XR-1%26reg%3b+Racing+Exhaust|XR-1%26reg%3b+Sportsman+Racing+Mufflers

Regards,
Manuel