PDA

View Full Version : R8 successor???

tvrfan
December 28th, 2007, 23:26
what do you think, will be there a R8 successor??? i hope and think yes, because the car has huge sucsess and sells pretty well. it got very good reviews too. and i see the R8 like a A4 or A6 class. strong integrated in the audi model program. what do you think?:R8:

chewym
December 29th, 2007, 03:46
the current R8 will sell for a while. probably at least until the middle of the next decade, with updates to go along the way. Then there will probably be a new R8.

tvrfan
December 29th, 2007, 11:17
i just hope it wasnt just a model like the BMW Z8. just one car. (ok the Z8 hasent sells very good) but i see the R8 like a strong integrated model line like A4 model line.

The Pretender
December 29th, 2007, 11:32
With the R4 rumours floting around i think we will see a mid engined R-line in the Audi line-up for a while.
The rumoured R4 will be a (300>400 hp) mid engined car that will be market between the Cayman and 911.
The TT is in the market under the Cayman and the R8 compete with the 911.

jarod.

Leadfoot
December 29th, 2007, 20:37
Like chewym says, the R8's lifespan is good for another 6 years at least. The only thing that could possibly change the policy of a replacement would be Porsche and even they wouldn't stop a product as successful as the R8 just because it competed with one of their own.

The current belief among everyone is that there will be more models carrying the letter R, ranging from a R4 up to a possible R10. The R4 will be a joint venture with the Porsche Cayman replacement so it's a sure thing to reach production, the understanding of this model is that unlike the Cayman it will be Quattro driven instead of rwd as in the Porsche and the engine choices will also be different as well styling of course.

I am not so sure that the power output will reach as high as 400hp but as this model is still a few years away anything is possible and with the recent jump in power figures from all brands who knows.

Z07
December 29th, 2007, 20:47
I wonder if they'll adopt the RS-policy and only sell one 'R' model at a time.

tvrfan
December 29th, 2007, 22:14
Like chewym says, the R8's lifespan is good for another 6 years at least. The only thing that could possibly change the policy of a replacement would be Porsche and even they wouldn't stop a product as successful as the R8 just because it competed with one of their own.

The current belief among everyone is that there will be more models carrying the letter R, ranging from a R4 up to a possible R10. The R4 will be a joint venture with the Porsche Cayman replacement so it's a sure thing to reach production, the understanding of this model is that unlike the Cayman it will be Quattro driven instead of rwd as in the Porsche and the engine choices will also be different as well styling of course.

I am not so sure that the power output will reach as high as 400hp but as this model is still a few years away anything is possible and with the recent jump in power figures from all brands who knows.

sorry leadfoot, my english is not the best. :) , do you mean that porsche would probably stop a future R8 replacement because it would maybe steal their sells and would maybe outperform the carrera??? :confused:

PS: @ Z07, like i said my english is not the best. ^^ what do you mean? could you write it maybe a little clearer for me (german boy) ? =)

Leadfoot
December 29th, 2007, 22:27
sorry leadfoot, my english is not the best. :) , do you mean that porsche would probably stop a future R8 replacement because it would maybe steal their sells and would maybe outperform the carrera??? :confused:

No I don't think Porsche will stop a R8 replacement just because it may steal sales from cars like the Carrera. Porsche didn't get to where they are by dropping something that is a sales success, if anything they will try and improve on it to make it even more successful.

I reckon will the R8 has bulging order books it's product is pretty secure.

tvrfan
December 29th, 2007, 22:34
ok :) . oh a bit offtopic but ive read today in german autozeitung that the R8 spyder has a completly different styling from the R8 "coupe". the headlights are a bit different, other side intakes, and the back lights will be completly different.

Z07
December 29th, 2007, 22:58
PS: @ Z07, like i said my english is not the best. ^^ what do you mean? could you write it maybe a little clearer for me (german boy) ? =)
Will they sell the R8 and R4 at the same time, or will they stop R8 sales when they start selling R4s?

Ti-Mike
December 30th, 2007, 09:45
Porsche and Lambo, have already a massive influence on the R8...Ceramic Brakes are blocked by them.

All tests the R8 has the brakes, why can’t you buy them.
On my first R8 they have promissed my the brakes, i have received a letter that the brakes will be delivered in week 36/37 2007, well nothing in yet.

Why can you have the brakes on a S8, new RS6, RS4 B7............

There is more then one fact to proof that VW, Porsche and Lambo are constantly blocking Audi product.

The Q7 has be finished before the TOUAREG and the Cayenne..............now everybody make such a big deal about the 4.2l TDI.........VW has an 5.0l V10 TDI but they won’t give the engine to Audi.

Since Martin Winterkorn ( CEO Volkswagen & Audi-Supervisory Board Chairman), placed his boys at Audi like Michael Dick ( head of technical development ), he was years member of the board at VW and don’t forget the shares, Porsche holds.

The Pretender
December 30th, 2007, 09:56
.......VW has an 5.0l V10 TDI but they won’t give the engine to Audi.
Audi don't want that inferior heavy V10 TDI engine, Audi's V8 and V12 TDI's are the better engines anyway.

Jarod.

tvrfan
December 30th, 2007, 15:06
Porsche and Lambo, have already a massive influence on the R8...Ceramic Brakes are blocked by them.

All tests the R8 has the brakes, why can’t you buy them.
On my first R8 they have promissed my the brakes, i have received a letter that the brakes will be delivered in week 36/37 2007, well nothing in yet.

Why can you have the brakes on a S8, new RS6, RS4 B7............

There is more then one fact to proof that VW, Porsche and Lambo are constantly blocking Audi product.

The Q7 has be finished before the TOUAREG and the Cayenne..............now everybody make such a big deal about the 4.2l TDI.........VW has an 5.0l V10 TDI but they won’t give the engine to Audi.

Since Martin Winterkorn ( CEO Volkswagen & Audi-Supervisory Board Chairman), placed his boys at Audi like Michael Dick ( head of technical development ), he was years member of the board at VW and don’t forget the shares, Porsche holds.

thats really crap ! ! ! i dont hope thats true

Ti-Mike
December 30th, 2007, 17:14
it is more then true,

YlwBeast
December 31st, 2007, 18:59
Spoke to my dealership last week and he seemed pretty confident that the replacement for the R8 will be an R10 (in the US that is). Don't know how true, but he appears to have been on the mark with all previous predictions (RS6, RS4, etc.).
Also, I agree that though there may be some 'blocking' going on wrt to AUDI and certain engines, though the VW 5.0l V10 TDI is an awesome engine, I would rather see the V12 TDI (newer)...

Z07
December 31st, 2007, 20:09
Is the R10 the V10 R8 or a new model altogether?

Leadfoot
December 31st, 2007, 21:25
Is the R10 the V10 R8 or a new model altogether?

He must be talking about an altogether different model because everyone knows the R8 with the v10 engine isn't a replacement for the R8v8 but a version to compliment it.

If this is the car (R8v10) he is talking about then the guy doesn't know his cars as well as he thinks he does.

tvrfan
January 1st, 2008, 01:05
i heard about a R10 in german carmagazin, they said its a supercar placed over the R8. but thats 3 months, like that, ago.