PDA

View Full Version : Multitronic ...........thumps down.

tvrfan
December 22nd, 2007, 14:39
I now read again about that multitronic transmissions and they are disappointed that multitronic eats so much power and dont feel like that the car has the HP like stated. the older ones also often got broken. has somebody driven the new 2,7 TDI A6 with multitronic? if please say me how it was. is it correct that multitronic is just avaible with FWD and not avaible with quattro? I find AUDI have too many different transmissions to the selection, it should be only DSG and Tiptronic as well as manual transmissions there. I was shocked that AUDI wants to further-build multitronic, to before all I find it stupid that it eats so much power compared to the manual version.

whats your experience?

MPT
December 22nd, 2007, 14:51
First of all Multitronic is made for front wheel drive, and Tiptronic is made for quattro.

There is a huge differense in these to systems, regarding their power-delivery. The multitronic is very smooth, and it suits some cars, in some situations. The Tiptronic is a bit more sporty, and it suits other cars in other conditions better.
In the end, it all comes down to what you prefer. Sporty tiptronic or smooth multitronic. If you drive a lot in cities and such, Multitronic should be very nice, where as twisty country roads is better with Tiptronic and Quattro.

Hope this answars your question.

tvrfan
December 22nd, 2007, 15:42
so multitronic isnt avaible with quattro?

PS: have you driven one in 2.7 TDI A6 or something, and did you notice the power loss compared to manual?

AndyBG
December 22nd, 2007, 16:42
Multitronic is JUST FOR FRONT WHEEL DRIVE !