PDA

View Full Version : NaviPlus TV, how can i watch during driving?

fabianflach
June 17th, 2003, 09:12
Hi !

i heard that there is a possible way to watch tv during driving. I know you can buy a plug that does that. My question, is there an other way of doing that? Has anyone this feature alreday?

Regards
Fabian

Erik
June 17th, 2003, 10:07
MTM sells a box that will help you.

http://www.mtm-online.de

Diabolo_et_sata
June 17th, 2003, 11:11
Hello,

is it an Audi system or is it an idependent system ???

Because I did an installation in an AUDI A4 and in fact this was kenwood install. When you install this kind of system you must connect a wire to the handbrake position sensor, this gives to the control unit the information of standing position or not.

As the owner did want to watch tv, I did not connect it !!

For stock install, no idea !!! maybe refer to mtm as advise before

Cheeeeeer

Diabolo :rs4addict

Plexus
June 18th, 2003, 10:33
I can highly recommend the widget! It takes 5mins to install and works great.

Pull the TV out with the pins provided, unclip the cable from the back of the unit put the inline adapter in place and push the unit back in. You may have to seperate the wires from the surround tape as it it a tight fit in there.

You should also go to Oettinger and get the RCA adapter for the TV tuner so you can add a DVD, even better!:addict:

Have a look at this site fior info.

http://www.tvwiz.net/navigation/index.html

Snow
June 18th, 2003, 10:40
I'm a little bit concerned about the safety, so I REALLY hope that this opportunity to watch TV while you're driving is for your passenger and not for you! :bang:

dabull
June 18th, 2003, 13:43
DVD players in the front seat and people are worried about cell phone use? If there is one thing that cars do not need it is DVD players that the driver can see while driving. When traveling in LA I routinely see people reading newspapers while doing 65 in stop and go traffic, now they can read the newspaper, talk on the phone, eat breakfast and watch the latest Matrix flick all while dealing with the simple task of driving ?
Back seat OK. Front seat that disables the DVD while the car is moving OK, but a DVD player that can play while the car is in motion I don't think so.

fabianflach
June 18th, 2003, 17:46
Hi there,...

i have ordered the MTM plug today. Also i have bought a 10 disc dvd charger from sony. I have let built in already... sound is great and picture as well... !

Regards and thanks for the help!

Fabian

fabianflach
June 18th, 2003, 18:05
pictures will be shown soon if you like!

Plexus
June 18th, 2003, 19:43
Would be very interested in seeing the installation of the Sony changer

rene02rene
December 8th, 2003, 15:18
Hi,

I have the NaviPlus with TV Tuner, and would like to setup a DVD, I am curious about the installation you have done, any pics to share ?

TheBrit
December 8th, 2003, 19:37
Originally posted by Plexus
[B]You should also go to Oettinger and get the RCA adapter for the TV tuner so you can add a DVD, even better!:addict:
Any more info on this, like where to get one in the UK and tech details? I'm not particularly interesated in DVD players, but bullet cameras, now there's another story...

gjg
December 8th, 2003, 20:26
hmm, I could not watch the NAV system while driving let alone the TV ...... this is almost like a suicide candidate ...

I guess in LA traffic this may be possible - I have seen people reading books in NC/SC/GA/FL/VA highways before but that takes quite a bit of stupidity to do it.

gg

rene02rene
December 9th, 2003, 07:04
I had my TV unlocked so that I can watch it while the car is driving. However I would NEVER put it on for me when I am driving. I switch it on while I am the passenger and my wife is driving , or when I am the driver and the passenger wants to relax watching the news, etc...

I am considering DVD for my son. Now he is quiet in the car, but after 20 minutes he is bored and wants to move a lot.... it is tough for us. With DVD he can be quiet, I guess, even if it may be a bad thing for the future... imagine the DVD player is broken down, or we rent a car without DVD, then he may be upset.

Anyway.. I still want to get some pictures on how and where to plug the DVD on the NaviPlus, as well as some technical manual.

btumble
December 13th, 2003, 01:50
Recently saw 4 guys in a BMW (sorry) on the west side hwy in NYC with video screens in the back of both front headrests, in both front visors and a 5th screen in the roof. All were on and being watched - while the car was going 50mph in solid traffic ---so it can be done. Did I mention the driver was also on the phone? crazy.

Plexus
December 13th, 2003, 10:00
fabianflach

Did you ever get around to doing the pics of your installation?