View Full Version : Got my Beast! Looking for tips, advice, suggestions! All comments appreciated!

Fonzie Audi
December 20th, 2007, 20:44
Ok guys,
First let me say that i'm very grateful to be accepted into this community. The help, suggestions and advice i need may seem annoying to some but please be patient - everyone started somewhere, right?

What's the best/fastest way to run the car in a straight away? S mode? Shifting myself?

Do all RS6's have suede interior? If so, any suggestions on how to keep it looking it's best?

What about chipping the car? I've heard horror stories about transmissions going to hell after a chip is installed. is it worth it? (doesn't seem necessary as of now, lol, i'm still driving around with huge grin while getting used to the power)

I want to take care of this car and treat it like gold. I have so much damn respect for the car itself as well as the obvious power.. i want to do this car justice the best i can

I'll have more questions later i'm sure.. and any responses are greaty appreciated. Thanks for you time!

Hy Octane
December 20th, 2007, 20:48
heh heh..

Welcome!
Search is your friend here..
Chipping is ok if you have lots of money..
DRC failure is biggest common failure
lack of tech training to fix these beasts is the most common problem..
It is an exciting car. Congrats..

DuckWingDuck
December 20th, 2007, 20:49
Take advantage of the search function as many of the topics that you bring up have been discussed many times.

If you're looking at doing quarter miles and what not, I think that it's probably faster in S Mode though as we all know, tiptronic will upshift for you at redline so I don't think there's a lot of difference either way.

Erik
December 20th, 2007, 22:47
Hi Fonzie and welcome.

Benman
December 21st, 2007, 00:05
heh heh..

Welcome!
Search is your friend here..
Chipping is ok if you have lots of money..
DRC failure is biggest common failure
lack of tech training to fix these beasts is the most common problem..
It is an exciting car. Congrats..

Ditto all that!

Welcome aboard Fonzie.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

JCT2033
December 21st, 2007, 07:00
Congratulation!!!

LIRS6
December 22nd, 2007, 14:18
Congrats and good luck. Recent posts, and my own experience, suggest that acceleration is faster if you apply about 4/5 pedal - if you mash it to the floor, for some reason the results aren't as good.

As to chipping, do a search using key words GIAC , MTM , APR ... I am considering chipping but am not sure that the extra performance is worth the potential harm .. this car is fast already :)

Fonzie Audi
December 22nd, 2007, 14:30
Thank you guys for taking the time to reply.

I really appreciate the info.

I just dropped it off to get tinted.. and ready to take a million pictures.

I may be the happiest dude i know right now :)