PDA

View Full Version : Spotted RS6 Salloon in Ramsey.

Klint
June 16th, 2003, 21:02
Anyone on the board? It had a blue exterior and a grey interior...I was behind you for a brief moment stuck in traffic, over the stone bridge. Nice Car you have.

:cheers:

P.S Any chance of a ride sometime? :D

MichaelJP
June 18th, 2003, 15:58
Not me, though I was in the IoM recently for the TT, unfortunately without the car:( Wonder how fast the RS6 would do a closed-roads lap? :)

20 minutes?

- MichaelJP

Klint
June 18th, 2003, 18:59
Originally posted by MichaelJP
Not me, though I was in the IoM recently for the TT, unfortunately without the car:( Wonder how fast the RS6 would do a closed-roads lap? :)

20 minutes?

- MichaelJP

Glad someone was over, sorry to hear it wasn't you. hope you liked it here?

20 minutes is being way optimistic :eek:

The bikes do the lap at that speed and that's at an average of 120-125mph! With top speeds being 160mph. These are 160-180bhp bikes that weigh around the 150kg mark.

It's a good question though :D

I would think around the 35-40minute mark maybe into the earlier 30s. :)

MichaelJP
June 19th, 2003, 08:55
I love the TT; it's amazing the bravery of those riders. My biking days are over, but we used to come over in the mid to late 80's. This year, we watched the F1 race from the bottom of Bray Hill and Ago's Leap - quiet breathtaking:bigeyes:

I remember some time ago rally driver Tony Pond did a lap in a Rover at just over 100mph, which is 22m39s. Admittedly that had slicks, but wasn't excessively tuned. I think the RS6 has much more power and would really eat up the mountain miles.

If only we could persuade the authorities to let us have a go... preferably not my car though :)

- MichaelJP

Snow
June 19th, 2003, 10:35
The TT on the IoM is a great race! I've only seen it on tv but I would want to see it live. In my opinion, you can't get more man if you participate! :hihi:
I am going to wait a few years and then try to get a motorcycle drivers license... Although I did start to question my own decision just yesterday as I saw a mc do a wheelie, hit a car I think (parked cars blocked my view) and then crasched pretty hard! :eek: Luckily the driver was only chock and not hurt but I cried a tear for the bike... ;) Kind of scary though.

Oh, and if anyone knows a website or anyplace where I can get my hands on videos from past TT's I would appreciate it! It's so cool!

Klint
June 19th, 2003, 13:50
Originally posted by MichaelJP
I love the TT; it's amazing the bravery of those riders. My biking days are over, but we used to come over in the mid to late 80's. This year, we watched the F1 race from the bottom of Bray Hill and Ago's Leap - quiet breathtaking:bigeyes:

I remember some time ago rally driver Tony Pond did a lap in a Rover at just over 100mph, which is 22m39s. Admittedly that had slicks, but wasn't excessively tuned. I think the RS6 has much more power and would really eat up the mountain miles.

If only we could persuade the authorities to let us have a go... preferably not my car though :)

- MichaelJP

MichealJP,

Tony Pond came to mind when I was typing out my previous post...But I wasn't so sure on the record lap time he produced. That was in a Rover Vittese (sp?) with a 3.5 V8 engine.

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

It'll be great if the RS6 or the M5 had a chance to do a 'one off' Road's Open Car session, but the Mylchreest'ss car sales has the first rights to it, so what do they do? Go and use a Jaguar X-Type Sport, this year.

Previous years have seen MG ZRs, Jaguar S-Type R, Volvo V70 Estate, MGFs etc.

I wouldn't mind being the roads open car driver. :D

Klint
June 19th, 2003, 13:53
Originally posted by Snow
The TT on the IoM is a great race! I've only seen it on tv but I would want to see it live. In my opinion, you can't get more man if you participate! :hihi:
I am going to wait a few years and then try to get a motorcycle drivers license... Although I did start to question my own decision just yesterday as I saw a mc do a wheelie, hit a car I think (parked cars blocked my view) and then crasched pretty hard! :eek: Luckily the driver was only chock and not hurt but I cried a tear for the bike... ;) Kind of scary though.

Oh, and if anyone knows a website or anyplace where I can get my hands on videos from past TT's I would appreciate it! It's so cool!

Snow,

Thanks for the compliments :cheers:

I'm sure a Google search will come out with some decent results, of video clips of the TT.

Try www.dukevideo.com -see if they have anything. ;)