PDA

View Full Version : So Freakin Excited.. need approval first!

Fonzie Audi
December 19th, 2007, 00:47
Newbie - just found 2003 RS6 39k miles w/ sport exhaust (black in color, not sure what brand). Great condition, $49,000.00

I want this monster soo f*$#@n' bad!

Been looking for one for a long time.. is it good deal? Take or leave

RS6-4dr911
December 19th, 2007, 03:20
Not a bad asking price, but should sell for less, maybe around mid to low 40's with nearly 40k miles. Depends of course on warranty (if, who from,etc.)

Best advice I can give is calm down, forget your test drive, keep asking for/searching for recent sales comp's on forums, and make an informed offer. Then go get the Beast and start grinning again.:thumb:

Fonzie Audi
December 19th, 2007, 03:33
2 year or 100,000 mile warranty from Audi.. trying to be patient.. but there are two other gentlemen very interested in the car. one is offering 5 grand over the asking price to get ahead of me.

really respect the car and can't wait to take good care of it.

SeattleS4
December 19th, 2007, 04:25
Newbie - just found 2003 RS6 39k miles w/ sport exhaust (black in color, not sure what brand). Great condition, $49,000.00

I want this monster soo f*$#@n' bad!

Been looking for one for a long time.. is it good deal? Take or leave

Recent RS6 sales up here in the last few months:

- 19k miles, black/black, all stock, extended audi warranty,.... $52k

- 10k miles, avus/black, HRE's, no warranty....$54k

- 33k miles, black/black, all stock, extended audi warranty, up for sale at $46k for about 5 months...dude couldn't sell it so he traded it in at a local audi dealer. Now the dealer wants $53k for it. :nono:

- 35k miles, mugello/black, all stock, no warranty...for sale at $46k....been on their lot for about 9 months now. :bigeyes:

RS6-4dr911
December 19th, 2007, 04:58
There are 9 on ebay, 3 with similar mileage from low 50's to high 30's.

Unless you saw the guy offer $5k over list and know for certain he's not a shill, I wouldn't believe the competing offers BS. Take your time, plenty of these fish in the sea.

I didn't get 3 or 4 of the ones I chased before I finally found mine - got exactly what I wanted, car has (knock wood) been fantastic. Bought it sight unseen (but with a dealer inspection of course) on ebay. Would recommend the dealer any day - CarConnections in PA. They have one with 61k, maybe a little high mileage but maybe they could search for one for you.

Patience grasshopper.

DuckWingDuck
December 19th, 2007, 06:59
I agree. Remember that you're the one spending the money. True that it's a rare car but not one of a kind! Patience is definitely key.

Fonzie Audi
December 19th, 2007, 15:38
Thanks for all the feedback!

I am trying to be patient.. i'm just such an impulsive son of a gun.

i know i haven't found the "deal of the century".. $50k for 39k miles; but as long as i'm not gettin robbed. It has the sound enhancing exhaust, great shape inside and out.

i really appreciate your help guys

Copper
December 19th, 2007, 15:52
As a reference, I paid $49K for my first RS6 with 42K miles and CPO extended warranty. On a scale of 1-10 the car was an 8. New Jersey location back when only 1-2 were available Nationwide at any given time.

My second RS6 I paid $53K with 22K miles, original factory warranty through March 2008 and (4) year "Gold" Fidelity Extended Warranty. On a scale of 1-10 the car is a 10. I will need new tires soon is the only complaint. At the time I bought the second RS6 there were 10+ RS6 examples available Nationwide. This one was local to me so I was able to PPO at Audi before purchase and also bring it to a body shop (friend owns) for inspection. My detail guy also checked it out for me. Only thing anyone found was a small nick in the hood that went through the 3M clear bra- less than 2MM in size. My ashtray is currently broken (won't close) and the interior door handle/grab's rubber coating are worn on both front doors. These are being replaced under warranty and the ashtray repaired as well.

Good luck and TAKE YOUR TIME! I looked for 4-5 months on the second purchase since I was an "emotional" buyer on the 1st RS6 and was less than pleased with the overall condition of the car but had already purchased in via eBay without inspection. Learn from my experience, go slow!:idea:

peiserg
December 19th, 2007, 17:59
paid 56k with 6.5k on the odo. in may 07

RS6-4dr911
December 20th, 2007, 03:31
I'd be less concerned with the actual price than with the condition of the car. I agree, if it's a great car and you're ready for it and have the cash, just pull the trigger instead of worrying about leaving a few thousand on the table. I did the same. I knew it wasn't a screaming bargain but I think I did ok at the time, got the options and color I wanted and have enjoyed it every since.

But make sure that's the right car.

peiserg
December 20th, 2007, 03:56
I'd be less concerned with the actual price than with the condition of the car. I agree, if it's a great car and you're ready for it and have the cash, just pull the trigger instead of worrying about leaving a few thousand on the table. I did the same. I knew it wasn't a screaming bargain but I think I did ok at the time, got the options and color I wanted and have enjoyed it every since.

But make sure that's the right car.

true dat my nizzle

aarong
December 20th, 2007, 07:02
the interior door handle/grab's rubber coating are worn on both front doors. These are being replaced under warranty and the ashtray repaired as well.

seriously? they cover that from the warranty?! I never knew... SWEET

Learn from my experience, go slow!:idea:

yes. mine was a near impulse buy as only two were available, I needed to get a car...I ended up purchasing it from a MB dealership that had it traded in a mere four days ago. I love love love my beast and got it checked out prior to purchase (thanks McKenna Audi...stellar job :eye: ), but ended up having to have the DRC completely replaced, and now my transmission is royally f*cked up.

$47K for 37k miles. Has some poorly touched up paint chips on the driverside rear door...and the wheels were terribly scuffed up. $47K wasn't bad back then, but it wasn't great either...and I didn't have an option for extend the Audi warranty CPO style.

Fonzie Audi
December 20th, 2007, 15:33
I got it.

OOOOOOOoooooooooohh my God do i love it.

I'm so happy. Just getting used to it (went from a modded A4). Paint is perfect, interior perfect, new tires, new brakes.

I know i probably should have shopped around, probably should have waited.. but i'm so happy i did it.

I'm bringing it in to my performance guy this weekend to doulbe check everything.

I've wanted this car for years - dreamed about it, YouTube'd it, drooled over it.. and now i'm driving it. It's really a dream come true (as cheesy as that sounds).. and i'm happy to be part of the community.

have lots of questions,, hope you guys are willing to settle me in!

DuckWingDuck
December 20th, 2007, 16:04
Congratulations. Post some pics!

RS6-4dr911
December 20th, 2007, 16:35
Congrats, sounds like a good one.

Lots of advice available, just don't start any threads concerning engineering theories, some of us in here will go on waaaay toooooo loooooong about it. Never me of course.