PDA

View Full Version : An Audi without quattro is like a man with only one testicle

Michaël Barbé
December 18th, 2007, 20:20
An Audi without quattro is like a man with only one testicle: You can see it's a man, but constantley you've got the feeling something is missing and not right!
And a man without 1 testicle is not réally a man, right?

So an Audi without quattro is not réally an Audi

I'd rather buy an BMW than an Audi with frontwheeldrive!
An Audi isn't complete without the quattro-systeme!

Who arees with me and who thinks Audi should sell all their cars with quattro?
(then they would be more expensive, but then you are really buying an Audi and no expensive VW!
A lot of people also just like the looks of an Audi and don't care if it's front-,rear- of allwheeldrive... )

Let yourself go!

MB
:rs6kiss:

Audiphile
December 18th, 2007, 21:46
Because this is rs6.com, one would expect the majority here to demand Quattro as part of their Audi "package." However, for the majority of Audi buyers it is about the four rings on the grille, the looks (nothing wrong with that), quality, and the new prestige of owning an Audi.

I bought an A3 2.0T FWD (of course with sports package) and I am loving the car. No it is not Quattro, but it is great for city driving.

raulg
December 19th, 2007, 01:18
Kinda stupid post, sorry to say that to the .. owner.

Audi is not just Quattro, if you really believe that and still drive an Audi ... than you are overpaying for your car. Go get something cheaper ... but 4x4.

I do agree quattro makes a lot in our cars, but not everything. For people not extra-sport oriented and living in a warm climate I do not actually see why would they buy the quattro. I am especially talking about women here .. they do not care about that stuff, rarely can feel the difference (in a warm climate) and would rather NOT feel any difference-you don't really see a girl speeding at green light, so the fast start guaranteed by a quattro won't matter to her. So for this kinda people (still good people, we like/need women) why spend the extra $2,000 on the quattro feature?

RussianM3_dude
December 19th, 2007, 08:55
That adds weight, cost and fuel consumption.

RussianM3_dude
December 19th, 2007, 09:48
A car with quattro is like a man with skies strapped on. Usefull on a crosscountry trek through the tundra, mighty embarassing while going to the movies... in the middle of summer.

As Clarkson said.

"Having AWD, is like waking every morning and putting on a condom just in case you get lucky that day."

Charles DLF
December 19th, 2007, 10:28
What a weird thought!! Quattro is a very good system, but not a must have... airbags or seatbelts are! My wife drives a FWD A3 and i have a Quattro A3, and i think my wife has the better car to run around town, it sucks up less gas, it's lighter and it's more than enough for us! A man with one testicle is enough, doesn't make him a bad lover, probably only makes him less arrogant...

Now keep in mind mine is Quattro because i wanted a V6, something to do with what"s going on in my testicles ;) lol

Rutkowsky
December 19th, 2007, 10:29
A car with quattro is like a man with skies strapped on. Usefull on a crosscountry trek through the tundra, mighty embarassing while going to the movies... in the middle of summer.

As Clarkson said.

"Having AWD, is like waking every morning and putting on a condom just in case you get lucky that day."

:hihi:

I don't really like JC but sometimes he comes up with some hilarious stuff

Michaël Barbé
December 19th, 2007, 10:36
I think when you're a sporty driver (like the most of us here (?)) and you like to go in corners fastly you don't want to be sliding a frontwheeldrive, right?

I know I don't

Charles DLF
December 19th, 2007, 10:40
How reprensentative of the average driver are we?? Most people drive safely, moderatly and are not about taking corners agressivly!!! Quattro is great, just not an indipensable feature.

RussianM3_dude
December 19th, 2007, 11:20
I think when you're a sporty driver (like the most of us here (?)) and you like to go in corners fastly you don't want to be sliding a frontwheeldrive, right?

I know I don't

No, you want the balance and adjustability of rear wheel drive.

MPT
December 19th, 2007, 15:27

I know I don't

This is just a matter of driving skills. I bet i can get a FWD Audi faster around a track, than some people can in an identical Audi with Quattro, or an equivalent BMW with rear-wheel drive.

Sorry to say so, but i think it's a stupid post, and i really can't see what you mean. around 50 per cent of all new Audis are front wheel drive. And i really can't see why 50% of all Audis aren't "real Audi's".

RussianM3_dude
December 19th, 2007, 16:08
The problem with FWD is that if the car has a fair bit of power, it becomes very hard to get any of it down to the road. So A4 3.2 or 3.2Q... I'll bet on the Quattro being faster.

MPT
December 19th, 2007, 18:42
The problem with FWD is that if the car has a fair bit of power, it becomes very hard to get any of it down to the road. So A4 3.2 or 3.2Q... I'll bet on the Quattro being faster.

Exactly. But my point is, that the driver is the biggest parameter.

Regarding hp/FWD, i always say 200 is around max for a FWD car. There are some exceptions though.

FWD doesn't mean ist's a crappy car, or that it isn't an Audi.

Michaël Barbé
December 19th, 2007, 19:22
ok let me refrase then: When I drive an Audi with frontwheeldrive and then drive an Audi with 4WD I feel an enormos difference. One that is more worth than 2000 dollar or so!

The difference is so big (for me) that I would never buy a frontwheeldrive Audi. And maybe it's clear already but I'm not talking about Audi's with 100hp. Those are the cars people buy just for driving normally.
I'm talking about sporty Audi. And yes: Indeed it would be stupid to make all Audi's AWD (and therefore more expensive) but I'm talking about the cars we look back to.
Would you like an S2,RS2, S4,RS4,S5, S6, RS6 if they didn't had quattro? Don't think so. And indeed: That's necessary for all this power. But I think there is a reason why these cars are or AWD, or RWD (BMW, Merc, Ferrrari,...). For me frontwheeldrive is something for people just liking the looks and all the rest.
But even when I would buy an 143-170hp kinda car it would never be a FWD!

For me, I only have the great feeling: owyeah, this in an Audi, when it's drivin by all wheels. I've got the feeling I'm one of the only people here but: I think we have to bild on what made Audi special. And I know it's not only 4WD.

plus: in the rain, snow, ice,... quattro would save many lives...! (also on 90hp-cars)

It may be my opinion but If you would compare 2 Audi's of FWD and AWD I'm certain what you will pick (more expensive or not)

MB

MPT
December 19th, 2007, 20:08
ok let me refrase then: When I drive an Audi with frontwheeldrive and then drive an Audi with 4WD I feel an enormos difference. One that is more worth than 2000 dollar or so!

The difference is so big (for me) that I would never buy a frontwheeldrive Audi. And maybe it's clear already but I'm not talking about Audi's with 100hp. Those are the cars people buy just for driving normally.
I'm talking about sporty Audi. And yes: Indeed it would be stupid to make all Audi's AWD (and therefore more expensive) but I'm talking about the cars we look back to.
Would you like an S2,RS2, S4,RS4,S5, S6, RS6 if they didn't had quattro? Don't think so. And indeed: That's necessary for all this power. But I think there is a reason why these cars are or AWD, or RWD (BMW, Merc, Ferrrari,...). For me frontwheeldrive is something for people just liking the looks and all the rest.

For me, I only have the great feeling: owyeah, this in an Audi, when it's drivin by all wheels. I've got the feeling I'm one of the only people here but: I think we have to bild on what made Audi special. And I know it's not only 4WD.

plus: in the rain, snow, ice,... quattro would save many lives...! (also on 90hp-cars)

It may be my opinion but If you would compare 2 Audi's of FWD and AWD I'm certain what you will pick (more expensive or not)

MB

Of course i would rather have the quattro, rather than the FWD, but to say it's what makes an Audi special? that i do not get.

And regarding the s- and RS-model, quattro is not optional, as far as i know :hihi:

I get your point - but i just don't see where you are going with it? Do you seriously think, that 50per cent of all people who buy Audis buy them for their interior, their prestige etc. ? That these are not just parameters, but the only reason they buy Audi?
No, they buy an over-all package, in the same way as an RS4 owner buys an over-all package which is better than for example an M3 or such. Quattro is just one of the (innovative) things which makes Audi something special.

BTW. In Denmark, where i live, quattro is an ekstra 9500USD / 6500EUR :vgrumpy:

RussianM3_dude
December 19th, 2007, 20:21

MB

Personally, I would have definetly prefered an RWD RS4. It would have been a vastly better car.

MPT
December 19th, 2007, 21:15
Personally, I would have definetly prefered an RWD RS4. It would have been a vastly better car.

Again this is just your subjective oppinion. If everybody had your point of view, no RS4's would have been sold.

EDIT: And admit it. 90% of people who bought an RS4 could much easier control the power than with a RWD car. Guees you are just one of those 10% who knows how to drive a RWD car.

RussianM3_dude
December 19th, 2007, 21:37
There is no need to "know" how to drive one. You just need a little experience. with modern traction control, you don't even have to be a good driver.

Leadfoot
December 19th, 2007, 22:06
If you are so set on having a rwd car why don't you. Hell there's a shit load of makes and models out there to chose from, so why not take your ungrateful ass somewhere else.

RussianM3_dude
December 20th, 2007, 08:47
Jeez, who peed in your 5 o'clock tea ;-)

Leadfoot
December 20th, 2007, 16:42
Jeez, who peed in your 5 o'clock tea ;-)

No, just highlighting the fact that you clearly want to be with a rwd car so why don't you. If you were that obsessed I think you would have found a way of fulfilling your dream.

So either put up or shut up.;)

Unlike you I love cars in general and can appreciate the benefits of all types and brands.

Audiphile
December 20th, 2007, 19:49
If you are so set on having a rwd car why don't you. Hell there's a shit load of makes and models out there to chose from, so why not take your ungrateful ass somewhere else.

Well put Leadie! :thumb:

Erik
December 20th, 2007, 22:41
RussianM3_dude, you have been warned.

For thing you wrote in this and other threads lately.

Please behave or you won't make it to N-Ring this summer, perhaps not even X-mas. Your call.

EDIT: I see this is your third and final strike. Good bye and Merry Chrismas and a Happy New Year! Please don't re-register.

raulg
December 21st, 2007, 01:03
It's said how that russianm3_guy has nothing else better to do than bash Audis or the quattro system (in this case/thread).

He should either be sent away from this forum or at least give me the feature to ignore ALL of his posts. Just add a button to where the <add to="" x="" reputation=""> and <report post=""> buttons are.

Back to this thread:
Definitely quattro makes a lot in Audis (and so other makes, but mostly in Audi) and I would never buy an Audi without quattro, but that doesn't mean that other people out there will ever feel the need for such an option. I mean, Audi will be around 1 million mark this year, with sold cars, still on this forum I do not see that number of people. I wonder why, don't they like to chat about their loved cars? Yeah, not everybody is so crazy about cars though .. and Audi knows that; that's why they keep selling the FWD cars (and they do sell a LOT).

There is no need to "know" how to drive one. You just need a little experience. with modern traction control, you don't even have to be a good driver.

FWD are safer then RWD cars, in any situation possible on the road. Don't believe me, read some materials and than come back, I can also post tons of links to prove that. They are better in acceleration while turning, better and safer when you accelerate to fast/drive to fast for the next turn, less materials/cost/weight than RWD, much better in the wet/snow, either from a standing point or rolling.

And with M3_dude is said again, since RWD has to use all sords of electronics just to be as safe for the average driver as a FWD car. It only proves that the system is better in a FWD car than a RWD car. Simple as that. Of course, today cars are just as safe no matter which way u go, but u still can hide that basic FWD is batter than basic RWD.

Basically M3_dude says buy a RWD even if u can't drive, the car will do it for you. What is the point of BMW then, if the car will do the job for you; I mean.. all those guys saying they love the driving style, the feel and the dynamics of a BMW... I think even a bimmer fan would kick your ass M3_dude after that remark.

On top of all comes AWD of course.

EDIT: probably to late for my post, I see M3_dude is gone. Well.. AWD is still better.
</report></add>

Michaël Barbé
December 21st, 2007, 22:41
Nice closing sentence: AWD is still better

I just want to add: once you drove a quattro, you'll never take FWD or RWD! If you do: you will regret!

Kinda black 'n white but the plain truth if it was for me!

Leadfoot
December 21st, 2007, 23:01
I just want to add: once you drove a quattro, you'll never take FWD or RWD! If you do: you will regret!

Thanks for that closing statement.

You are filling my decision on the M3 with doubts.:rolleyes:

Nice one.:looking:

Z07
December 22nd, 2007, 14:36
That adds weight, cost and fuel consumption.
Are we talking about having 2 testicles or AWD?

Rutkowsky
December 22nd, 2007, 15:48
It's said how that russianm3_guy has nothing else better to do than bash Audis or the quattro system (in this case/thread).

He should either be sent away from this forum or at least give me the feature to ignore ALL of his posts. Just add a button to where the <add to="" x="" reputation=""> and <report post=""> buttons are.

Back to this thread:
Definitely quattro makes a lot in Audis (and so other makes, but mostly in Audi) and I would never buy an Audi without quattro, but that doesn't mean that other people out there will ever feel the need for such an option. I mean, Audi will be around 1 million mark this year, with sold cars, still on this forum I do not see that number of people. I wonder why, don't they like to chat about their loved cars? Yeah, not everybody is so crazy about cars though .. and Audi knows that; that's why they keep selling the FWD cars (and they do sell a LOT).

FWD are safer then RWD cars, in any situation possible on the road. Don't believe me, read some materials and than come back, I can also post tons of links to prove that. They are better in acceleration while turning, better and safer when you accelerate to fast/drive to fast for the next turn, less materials/cost/weight than RWD, much better in the wet/snow, either from a standing point or rolling.

And with M3_dude is said again, since RWD has to use all sords of electronics just to be as safe for the average driver as a FWD car. It only proves that the system is better in a FWD car than a RWD car. Simple as that. Of course, today cars are just as safe no matter which way u go, but u still can hide that basic FWD is batter than basic RWD.

Basically M3_dude says buy a RWD even if u can't drive, the car will do it for you. What is the point of BMW then, if the car will do the job for you; I mean.. all those guys saying they love the driving style, the feel and the dynamics of a BMW... I think even a bimmer fan would kick your ass M3_dude after that remark.

On top of all comes AWD of course.

EDIT: probably to late for my post, I see M3_dude is gone. Well.. AWD is still better.
</report></add>

:doh: :0: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :applause: :applause:

BMW has got it wrong all this years then? But Porsche and Ferrari and many others are alright :vhmmm:

I'd love to see a front wheel drive Porsche turbo :hihi:

Rutkowsky
December 22nd, 2007, 15:54
Nice closing sentence: AWD is still better

Kinda black 'n white but the plain truth if it was for me!

I'll take your word for it. I am selling my current M3 and cancel my M-DCT one too

Leadfoot
December 22nd, 2007, 19:51
I'll take your word for it. I am selling my current M3 and cancel my M-DCT one too

Why are you selling the E92 M3 and cancelling your DSG style version? :confused:

What will you buy next?

Rutkowsky
December 22nd, 2007, 22:00
Why are you selling the E92 M3 and cancelling your DSG style version? :confused:

What will you buy next?

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: Just a bit of a sarcasm.. I always laugh at "one brand is the best - anything else is shite" kinda comments!! I understand enthusiasm but some post.. :lovl: you just have to take with a pinch of salt! If the new gearbox is anything nearly as good as i heard - the car is a keeper!! Ideally CSL (450 bhp and 100-130kg lighter, where an option will be rear seats - so serious BMW are this time ) and will come out soon after, so my big plan is - Some RS - probably RS6 and a track car like M3 CSL on my driveway. So far i go according to plan :love:

Michaël Barbé
December 23rd, 2007, 18:01
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: Just a bit of a sarcasm.. I always laugh at "one brand is the best - anything else is shite" kinda comments!! I understand enthusiasm but some post.. :lovl: you just have to take with a pinch of salt! If the new gearbox is anything nearly as good as i heard - the car is a keeper!! Ideally CSL (450 bhp and 100-130kg lighter, where an option will be rear seats - so serious BMW are this time ) and will come out soon after, so my big plan is - Some RS - probably RS6 and a track car like M3 CSL on my driveway. So far i go according to plan :love:

oh, you sarcasmboys are so funny!

Why do you think I added "for me" in: Kinda black 'n white but the plain truth if it was FOR ME!

If you want to buy and drive porsches, bmw's or whatever: have fun! If you found your toys: have fun with it.

I'm just saying I found what makes me happy and enthousiastic and I want to sell this al little, you understand! What do I care if you buy an Audi quattro or a Citroën C6!

If you found a car (or systeme) that makes you wanna talk about it with everybody, you feel like a little kid. Don't know if you know that feeling. If it wasn't for guys like me, it would be a boring world! Maybe in 5 years I'm even more enthousiatic over some BMW or so...

All I can say: Quattro IS a great systeme!

AND I never said I don't like other cars, systemes or so...

Forums are all becoming places of criticism! Even the forum made for a car that I love the most: The RS6

MB

Rutkowsky
December 23rd, 2007, 18:58
That's fine, i like to have a brilliant car for dry - like BMW M and for winter/bad weather in general - Audi S/RS. I drove high performance Audis in the past so i know what you are talking about. So far i can only afford one high performance car at a time as i expand business and Vans are working cars that have priority for now. Hopefully it will change.