PDA

View Full Version : RS6 V10 plus

Michaël Barbé
December 18th, 2007, 20:06
Any words on the RS6 plus?
First of all: I don't think we need one but it's always fun to see what Audi can do!

If you have not heard anything about the "plus", what is your quess one the engine?
- What engine,
- hp's,
- ex- and interior changes,
- other extra's?

MB
:rs6kiss:

AuditudeA642
December 18th, 2007, 21:24
the rs6 is not even out yet and your asking about an RS6 Plus that probably wont exist till 3 years from now.

Audiphile
December 18th, 2007, 21:33
Let's just release the RS6 Avant first and see the type of reviews it gets.

RXBG
December 18th, 2007, 21:45
whatever- i'll bite. probably 610 hp. a la le mans quattro. at the end of the RS6's life span, when the next M5 comes out (or an updated M5 with a TT V10).

Leadfoot
December 18th, 2007, 22:22
whatever- i'll bite. probably 610 hp. a la le mans quattro. at the end of the RS6's life span, when the next M5 comes out (or an updated M5 with a TT V10).

Oh I think you can set your heights a little higher than that.;)

rs-mad
December 18th, 2007, 22:31
I will have a go :)

Assuming the transmission is cable of higher torque numbers ~800nm I would say the RS6 PLUS would be capable of 680-700hp and ~800nm.

tvrfan
December 18th, 2007, 22:54
I will have a go :)

Assuming the transmission is cable of higher torque numbers ~800nm I would say the RS6 PLUS would be capable of 680-700hp and ~800nm.

would be a dream but they have to keep distance to porsche and lamborghini, because with that output of power they would destroy them on performance. porsche and lamborghini wouldnt let that go.

Michaël Barbé
December 19th, 2007, 10:43
what the hell? if you think this thread is too soon: don't answer it!

I think it interesting to quess what Audi will do: who cares if it's in 3, 5 of a million years?

I would like it when Audi would be inventive and not increase power but decrease weight. Like all carbon body...

Damn, still hate you haters out there.Always naggin' about everything!

Carl Lassiter
December 19th, 2007, 19:54
what the hell? if you think this thread is too soon: don't answer it!

I think it interesting to quess what Audi will do: who cares if it's in 3, 5 of a million years?

I would like it when Audi would be inventive and not increase power but decrease weight. Like all carbon body...

Damn, still hate you haters out there.Always naggin' about everything!

My 2cents is that a possible RS6Plus will develop more than the 30bhp increase on the first generation. Therefore, I go for 630ps (622bhp). Tq may be unchanged as it is already on a leash.

Damienr8
December 19th, 2007, 22:23
My 2cents is that a possible RS6Plus will develop more than the 30bhp increase on the first generation. Therefore, I go for 630ps (622bhp). Tq may be unchanged as it is already on a leash.

Wrong the RS6 PLUS will have a supercharger on top of the 2 turbos and will be pushing 800+ HP with over 800lb/ft of torque. TRUST ME ON THIS, i have secret sources that no one knows...... JK LOLOL :burnout:

I suppose if they have a RS6+ it would be just over the 600hp mark. I just can't believe the HP wars going on. Next M5 with a TTv10.....whats next..??? My Ideal RS6+ Would be the regular RS6 580hp TTV10 - 200lbs...

aarong
December 20th, 2007, 07:06
they should bring the damn saloon here to the states before they lavish you guys with an additional RS6 model across the pond :mad:

Michaël Barbé
December 22nd, 2007, 10:25
Hmm I think 610hp would be to much for an Audi. It's "simple" to put just more power in... 610 is almost like an SLR or a Carrera GT.

If they made an all carbon body they could keep the same engine with the same power. They only "disadvantage" the RS6 has is its weight: A little bit over 2tons. If they made the body all carbon they would make one hell of a car!!

Howmuch weight will this spare you think and is there any chance Audi would do this for the RS6 C6 Plus?

Plus: what will it do to the figures from 0-100km/h (0-60mph) and the top speed. I think it would make the most difference in the handling.

Am I really just dreaming here or...

MB

Michaël Barbé
December 22nd, 2007, 10:36
would be a dream but they have to keep distance to porsche and lamborghini, because with that output of power they would destroy them on performance. porsche and lamborghini wouldnt let that go.

Don't worry about the relation Audi-Lambo. Lambo is from Audi, remember. They would never "block" their own make.
And Porsche never has that many hp's but they work on weight and aerodynamica. And yeah if you're talking about all-round performance: I don't think an RS6 wil ever beat a supercar like the Carrera GT. Audi is smarter then that and Porsche would have something ready for Audi quick.

I would like it dough if we see a video on youtube in a couple of years with an RS6 destroying a Carrera GT / SLR / ...

Still, I think Audi could do some great thinks with the carbon fiber!

MB

tvrfan
December 22nd, 2007, 11:56
yeah thats, truth michael, i hope porsche and lamboghini wont stop audi in future in performance and models (supercars if they want to build), also in hp.

What do you think, how big is the chance to see the PLUS versions in all RS cars? that would be awesome, wouldnt it? ok then its not a M- CSL competitor because lightweight. but a little different look from the standart RS model and a little horsepower increase would be nice tough.

what do you think, is the chance big, that we see maybe in future PLUS versions of all RS models?

Rage
December 22nd, 2007, 12:42
what do you think, is the chance big, that we see maybe in future PLUS versions of all RS models?

I hope not. The RS version should be the best Audi can make it. I would be pissed off if I spent a small fortune on an RS car only for a slightly better version to appear shortly after.

Michaël Barbé
December 22nd, 2007, 13:57
You'll never see a plus-version as much as say an Bentley Continental GT. That's a car twice the price of an RS6 and really NOT exclusive!

I'm just saying that it would be a good action from Audi to become the same numbers with weight loss in stead of adding more power!

Like I said: You would feel this in the corners big time!
Let's be honest: less weight is almost never bad! (read: most of the time: brilliant!)

If they wanted to, would they be able to make a weight loss of more then 100 kilograms? Would this make any difference?

MB

Leadfoot
December 22nd, 2007, 23:04
I see the point of CF panels but to most people it's the numbers that sell a car, the biggest HP, the quicker acceleration times, the best topspeed, only do real enthusiast care about finesse and balanced handling. For example look at the S4 vs S5, the S5 has a much better weight balance and handles with much more finesse but it's ring time has only improved by 3 seconds, so these CF panels may improve the way it feels but don't expect any great shakes to it's overall cornering speeds.

So chances are we will see an increase in power, whether we see any weight lose will depend on how well the normal RS6 is received and how well it sells. If it's not good then why would Audi waste their time building a better one.

Michaël Barbé
December 23rd, 2007, 14:04
I see the point of CF panels but to most people it's the numbers that sell a car, the biggest HP, the quicker acceleration times, the best topspeed, only do real enthusiast care about finesse and balanced handling. For example look at the S4 vs S5, the S5 has a much better weight balance and handles with much more finesse but it's ring time has only improved by 3 seconds, so these CF panels may improve the way it feels but don't expect any great shakes to it's overall cornering speeds.

So chances are we will see an increase in power, whether we see any weight lose will depend on how well the normal RS6 is received and how well it sells. If it's not good then why would Audi waste their time building a better one.

First of all: less weight can't be bad for the RS6.
Second of all: 3 seconds is alot. You can't expect it to be 15 or 30 or maybe even 60, right?
3rd of all: so you say the s5 is better on that and that and that and: he has a better ringtime. So why then don't do it?
4th: if it's not good then Audi wouldn't waste any time making a better one: they would make a better one to improve what was not good at the other one. right? If they don't make a better one: then they will have made a bad car. Of course they would never stop there!
5th: When the RS6 will have some critcs, it will mostly the weight that they would talk about, right? So it would be smart to remove these critcs then...

I really can't see why it's not a good idea! You guys just want more power because, because then you can say: I've got a car with over 600hp...

I'm not saying more power is bad but I'm just saying that it would be inventive and surprising when Audi does something else: like weight loss, what this car CAN use (am I wrong?)...

We must be happy that we can use materials like carbon fibre today. So why don't make good use of it too?

MB

The RS6
December 23rd, 2007, 14:17
We must be happy that we can use materials like carbon fibre today. So why don't make good use of it too?

MB

IMO that would make the car much more expensive, and while in essence it is a family car, I don't think people would choose it over some...let's say A6 3.0TDI + some porsche 997 combination, for the same price ...

Leadfoot
December 23rd, 2007, 15:21
First of all: less weight can't be bad for the RS6.

I agree but CF panels cost is excessive, especially in low production runs like the RS6, remember the M3 will sell upwards to 100,000 units compared to less than 10,000 units for the RS6.

Second of all: 3 seconds is alot. You can't expect it to be 15 or 30 or maybe even 60, right?

3 seconds isn't much of an improvement over 8+ minutes, that is equal to 0.25 seconds per mile or there abouts around the ring. The M3 has increased it's power by 77hp though increase it's weight slightly, the same is true for the RS4 over the last versions it's power incresed by 40hp and in both cases their times have improved by roughly 20 seconds in each case. With the S5 Audi haven't improved things anywhere near enough in my opinion though like I have already said I am very happy with the way it feels compared to the old S4.

3rd of all: so you say the s5 is better on that and that and that and: he has a better ringtime. So why then don't do it?

The same has been true of the RS4 and R8 in Audi's own hands, 7:58 and 7:50 respectively so the same has happen to the S5, Audi has had it lapping in less than 8:20 but in SportAuto's hands the best they got was 8:26. That's the time we all have to accept as the official time.

4th: if it's not good then Audi wouldn't waste any time making a better one: they would make a better one to improve what was not good at the other one. right? If they don't make a better one: then they will have made a bad car. Of course they would never stop there!

You are misunderstanding what I am saying. What I am meaning is if the RS6 doesn't sell well in normal form then why waste money making a more powerful and better version which after all will cost more and will be doubtful to improve it's popularity. Look at both the M3CSL and Black series AMG, do either sell in great numbers so why assume the RS6+ will do any better.

5th: When the RS6 will have some critcs, it will mostly the weight that they would talk about, right? So it would be smart to remove these critcs then...

I really can't see why it's not a good idea! You guys just want more power because, because then you can say: I've got a car with over 600hp...

I'm not saying more power is bad but I'm just saying that it would be inventive and surprising when Audi does something else: like weight loss, what this car CAN use (am I wrong?)...

MB

The facts are that power and performance figure help sales much better than better handling, especially in a big luxury based saloon car.

I totally and whole heartedly agree with you if this was a sportscar but it isn't.

Michaël Barbé
December 23rd, 2007, 18:18
I understand what you're saying and I notice you've got a lot of knowlege about cars.

One thing you have to understand is: I'm not really talking about selling here.
Of course it has to sell, otherwise Audi would be losing alot of money. But an RS6 plus is not a car you want to sell on big scales. It's not a Toyoto Prius. It's a car that have to be the best of the best Audi can make and those cars are made for the richer RS6 fans. I think an RS6 plus could be even 220.000 euros. If you can't pay that much: buy the original V10 C6. What are you losing? 30hp's if Audi is going to do what everybody things it's going to do. If they would make it carbon then you're missing not that much either because you say it would do much but not that much.

For me an RS6 plus vs. an RS6 plus is like an Lamborghini Murciélago LP640 vs. the Lambo Reventon. The Reventon is more expensive (by alot!!!) but it's something unique and rare... But I think I'm not thinking like the rest of us here. But that's fine. That's why there exists something like a forum.

MB

+44 Dave
December 23rd, 2007, 19:07
Being as theres claims about that the C6 RS6 engine actually develops 608bhp and is listed as 580bhp for insurance and emmissions ratings it is highly possible we can expect 640 - 650 for a mystic 'plus.'
I own a first generation RS6+ and to be honest i think its more of a creation for the RS6 to go out of production. The standard RS6 is enough of a statement this time round reallly for any need for an advanced model.
And yes its far to soon to talk about this, we havent even had a C6 RS6 roadtest or a saloon version let alone another model...!

+44 Dave
December 23rd, 2007, 19:12
It's a car that have to be the best of the best Audi can make and those cars are made for the richer RS6 fans. I think an RS6 plus could be even 220.000 euros.

M:rs6kiss:B

I wouldnt want to spend 220,000 euro's on an RS6 when the R8 (or 2 ) or even a LP640 exsists for this money ?

Yours can be the first order ? :deal:

Michaël Barbé
December 23rd, 2007, 22:31
I wouldnt want to spend 220,000 euro's on an RS6 when the R8 (or 2 ) or even a LP640 exsists for this money ?

Yours can be the first order ? :deal:

Well, IF I had the money I WOULD make the first order! I'd rather have an RS6+ (with all carbon body and such) then an LP640 or even 2 R8's! I'd rather have any RS6 over these cars. I'd rather have an RS6 over a Reventon, Koenigsegg or Veyron!

Sorry that I AM a fan

If money were no object I'd still go for the RS6(+)

And yes it's soon but I've already given an answer to that

MB

MackieMack
December 23rd, 2007, 22:49
Being as theres claims about that the C6 RS6 engine actually develops 608bhp and is listed as 580bhp for insurance and emmissions ratings it is highly possible we can expect 640 - 650 for a mystic 'plus.'
I own a first generation RS6+ and to be honest i think its more of a creation for the RS6 to go out of production. The standard RS6 is enough of a statement this time round reallly for any need for an advanced model.
And yes its far to soon to talk about this, we havent even had a C6 RS6 roadtest or a saloon version let alone another model...!

I heard that the RS6 engine develops 610bhp and that a plus model is on its way whit 620bhp on the paper, but that is all a rumour.

Merry X-Mas

Mackie

tvrfan
December 23rd, 2007, 23:23
when audi wouldnt release PLUS versions of all RS models. whats the point now of just an RS6 PLUS version from RS6 and instead of a RS4 PLUS version??? i cant get it, why just RS6 is getting PLUS version and not the other RS models too? the plus version is just a little power add.

its nothing we can say (similiar to BMW CSL models) its much lighter, aggressivier or something.

+44 Dave
December 24th, 2007, 14:07
tvrfan, your getting as bad as M3_dude was. Please stop complaining and ask more relevent and positive questions for a change!

Michaël Barbé
December 24th, 2007, 16:15
when audi wouldnt release PLUS versions of all RS models. whats the point now of just an RS6 PLUS version from RS6 and instead of a RS4 PLUS version??? i cant get it, why just RS6 is getting PLUS version and not the other RS models too? the plus version is just a little power add.

its nothing we can say (similiar to BMW CSL models) its much lighter, aggressivier or something.

If there would be made plus versions of all rs-models, then plus wouldn't be that rare anymore. Then a regular RS would become like an S and the plus version the top of the range RS. I think it good that they only do it on the RS6. For me this is a car that represents all RS-models. So why no tribute to the king?

MB

Michaël Barbé
December 26th, 2007, 20:32
Are we done here? Hope not!!

Michaël Barbé

gjg
December 26th, 2007, 22:20
If there would be made plus versions of all rs-models, then plus wouldn't be that rare anymore. Then a regular RS would become like an S and the plus version the top of the range RS. I think it good that they only do it on the RS6. For me this is a car that represents all RS-models. So why no tribute to the king?

MB

reason for current RS6+ was the left over cooling kits original designed for NA model before dollar tanked. Story been posted here couple years back.....

You could already have anything (almost) on RS6 before the + happened and as far as power is concerned, I'm sure you'll be able to choose from few reputable tuners if you need more than 585 hp...

IMHO rs model is rs model and as such it is (or should be) a rather rare piece anyway so why do you need the "+" version?

Michaël Barbé
December 26th, 2007, 23:15
Because it's in your signature?
Just kidding, oh well to be honest: we don't really NEED them but it's always cool to see when Audi takes it a bit further...

We don't need an original RS6 if you would put it like that... but actually we do, don't we? (...)
No, what I mean is: if there would be no '+' of the C6 I wouldn't be disappointed. If there was: I would be super excited...

MB