PDA

View Full Version : PSS9 Fitment Issues & Recall

What'sNext
December 18th, 2007, 19:00
Attempted to order the PSS9's for my RS6 today and was notified that they were having fitment issues on the RS6 and all suppliers were being asked to return their stock. A fix is expected in the February time frame. Anyone had issues with theirs or aware of this?

HeadShot
December 19th, 2007, 00:34
Was in contact recently with STaSIS ENGINEERING making an inquiry about there suspension system for the RS6 as i was trying to decided which way i would go for the upgrade, Blisten being the other option.
Frankly i found the response i received from Jared at STaSIS exceptional, detailed and honest. This to someone who is not even a customer yet - and he made it clear that should i have any further question i should not hesitate to call.
If you haven't made that buy yet talk to these guys... they rock on Audi and know what it needs to suit your needs.. Well worth the phone call.
A companys honesty and attitude about it's product at the end of the day is probably more important than the product... you know you have the support to back it up.
Contact info....

Jared Van Leuven
STaSIS ENGINEERING
29647 Arnold Drive
Sonoma, CA 95476
707 935-9700 x123
www.stasisengineering.com</pre>:applause:

Hy Octane
December 19th, 2007, 20:26
Some have reported a persistant 'clunking' sound from the Stasis suspension that remains unresolved. Should check on this first..

What'sNext
December 19th, 2007, 21:03
Yes. I had heard about that as well. Certainly not looking to replace one "clunking" suspension (DRC) with another one. Right now I am looking at the KW's.

HeadShot
December 22nd, 2007, 18:20
For what it's worth here's the reply i received from STaSIS after i enquired about the clunk issue. If you need more info call the guy... He's very happy to answer any questions.

Nick,
Thanks for the e-mail and a chance to explain what is currently
happening with the c5/rs6 suspension system, I really appreciate it. We
have a had a small number (three that I know of) of people with a
"clunking" issue yet for what it is worth there is also a good deal of
people without the issue who are extremely happy customers of mine. It
is very hit and miss, it has also proven to be difficult to trace
because none of the people with the issue are local to us or in a
position to assist in solving it by putting the car in our hands. We
are definitely not turning a blind eye to the issue and are actively
seeking a solution. We are also rounding up cars local to us with and
without the suspension, installing it when needed and trying to produce
it so that it can be fixed. We do have some ideas based off
conversation with a few competent shops that are dealing with the
customer cars with the noise and are currently working on beta test sort
of fixes that we can send out to them. I would feel comfortable selling
you a suspension under the understanding that it may make a small noise,
while at the same time performing beautifully. If it were to make a
noise I could assure you that a fix is coming, it is very high on the
list or priorities here at STaSIS. Please feel free to contact me with
any other questions you may have on the matter or to discuss a purchase.

Regards,
Jared

Jared Van Leuven
STaSIS ENGINEERING
29647 Arnold Drive
Sonoma, CA 95476
707 935-9700 x123
www.stasisengineering.com</pre>

Hy Octane
December 22nd, 2007, 19:41
So, " we know about it, it only affects some cars, we think we know what it is so we are in the process of tracking it down.. but in the meantime, we have full confidence that if you spend a few grand on our system, it may or may not clunk, but if it does feel rest assured that we are working on a fix soon and you will only have to endure some possible clunking until then,if we can ever find the problem.. which is a priority for us and has been for a few years now.. Ready to make your order?"

I'd wait. besides, a nice broken DRC will clunk for free..

DuckWingDuck
December 22nd, 2007, 19:46
Heh@hy octane

Boosted-Bora
December 23rd, 2007, 07:44
A few months ago I was about to purschase the pss9 a for my car and when I contacted KMD tuning in New Jersey which is owned by a friend of mine I was in formed that they were having issues with the shocks bending at the lower mounting point right above the bolt in the shock body. I have pictures and will post them tommrow or later but it is bad so I hope this recall is to fix that as well. As I have the pss9s on my jetta and they have served me well

Cheers, Drew

LIRS6
December 24th, 2007, 05:02
So, " we know about it, it only affects some cars, we think we know what it is so we are in the process of tracking it down.. but in the meantime, we have full confidence that if you spend a few grand on our system, it may or may not clunk, but if it does feel rest assured that we are working on a fix soon and you will only have to endure some possible clunking until then,if we can ever find the problem.. which is a priority for us and has been for a few years now.. Ready to make your order?".

I've been waiting for their solution for four months - have they ONCE offered to replace the shock that is clunking? - No. :w: