PDA

View Full Version : Audi DTM driver M. Ekstrom wins over M. Schumacher in ROC

Erik
December 17th, 2007, 08:44
M. Schumacher seems just a little bit bitter in the video :hihi:

http://www.raceofchampions.com/#/17_the_roc_final/

Lateknight
December 17th, 2007, 09:46
I thought he took the loss quite well. He is still a competitor after all, charity event or not.
Had to laugh though when Ekstrom draped the Swedish flag over Schumachers head on the podium. Way to rub it in. :thumb:
A good event only spoiled for me by Sky TVs (UK) poor presentation. Who decided to bring Murray Walker out of retirement to commentate for Sky want shooting.
The mans a bumbling idiot who kept forgetting who was in what car, and how many 'laps' were left.:noshake:

Mr Balsen
December 17th, 2007, 11:59
I had the chance to be with Michael Schumacher during this event in the paddock area. He is very nice but the most focused pilot ever. Every detail is important. Everything is prepared. No room for mistake. Quite impressive. Jenson Button is also very very nice and friendly. Koivalanen is completely crazy !!!

It was yesterday the dream of my life: preparing the S1, driving the S1 on the track inside the stadium, helping stig blowquist inside the S1, meeting Michael Schumacher, helping Markus Gronholm, being with Audi Sport and the R10 TDI !!!

I even made an woman,despite being english barely cry...
While I was going to warm up the Audi S1 by driving in the basement of the stadium, I noticed a woman marshall looking at the S1 like it was a dream for her. I started the engine, she looked at the engine like it was too crazy to be true. I asked her if she had seen one before. Never she said but I owned a beautifull ur-quattro. Then I told her: 'so you don't mind if you come with me inside the S1 for the warm-up'. I heard a zillion 'bless you, this is christmas'. After three laps in the basement of the stadium, we went on the track for a slow lap, she could not speak anymore...

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

PS: I do my best to post the pictures this week.

Leadfoot
December 17th, 2007, 15:57
Has this already been shown on Sky?

I must have missed it, shit.

+44 Dave
December 17th, 2007, 16:50
Yeh it was on Sky Sports 2 on Sunday from 1.30 till 7 i think. Unfortunetly i expect the viewing will be low due to the fact it was one of the biggest priemership football weekends on the calendar, which turned out to be a bore as ever but oh well.

Ruergard
December 17th, 2007, 19:45
Big congratz to Mattias, nicely done! But after all, he's a Swede.. :D

Frederic, can't imagine how amazing that must have been... :bow:

Mr Balsen
December 17th, 2007, 19:57
Frederic, can't imagine how amazing that must have been... :bow:

Can't tell, I am not awake yet ! ! ! !

Frederic

Phage
December 17th, 2007, 22:50
I had the chance to be with Michael Schumacher during this event in the paddock area. He is very nice but the most focused pilot ever. Every detail is important. Everything is prepared. No room for mistake. Quite impressive. Jenson Button is also very very nice and friendly. Koivalanen is completely crazy !!!

It was yesterday the dream of my life: preparing the S1, driving the S1 on the track inside the stadium, helping stig blowquist inside the S1, meeting Michael Schumacher, helping Markus Gronholm, being with Audi Sport and the R10 TDI !!!

While I was going to warm up the Audi S1 by driving in the basement of the stadium, I noticed a woman marshall looking at the S1 like it was a dream for her. I started the engine, she looked at the engine like it was too crazy to be true. I asked her if she had seen one before. Never she said but I owned a beautifull ur-quattro. Then I told her: 'so you don't mind if you come with me inside the S1 for the warm-up'. I heard a zillion 'bless you, this is christmas'. After three laps in the basement of the stadium, we went on the track for a slow lap, she could not speak anymore...

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

Awesome story:bow: can't wait for the pics.

Leadfoot
December 18th, 2007, 08:37
I watched it last night on Sky Sports 2 and what an event, I believe it is to be held there next year as well so chances are I will be going.

Frederic,

Congratz mate, it must have been a dream come true. From watching it the Aston Martins sounded amazing and the A4 DTM car looked the business smoking those rear tyres.

Hopefully you will be invited back next year.

Leadie.:thumb:

Erik
December 19th, 2007, 08:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjtZNBow9mc&eurl=http://bil.feber.se/feber/

Ruergard
December 19th, 2007, 19:08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjtZNBow9mc&eurl=http://bil.feber.se/feber/

Great video, thanks!

Rutkowsky
December 19th, 2007, 21:02

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

Fantastic!! I am happy for you :bow: awesome story