PDA

View Full Version : Daily Mail on the A5

AndyBG
December 16th, 2007, 01:25
Short review of the Audi A5 by Daily Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/live/live.html?in_article_id=502392&in_page_id=1889

Rage
December 16th, 2007, 02:38
I hate the daily mail.

Still, anyone notice its been a bit quiet around here lately?

Leadfoot
December 16th, 2007, 09:36
I hate the daily mail.

Still, anyone notice its been a bit quiet around here lately?

I know what you mean, info on everything is light. I haven't even spoke to my mate (;) ) is a couple of weeks now and because of this there has been nothing worth reporting but in fairness to him with that leaked document showing the up and coming models Audi have been done internal investigation everyone will be laying low.

P.S.

Plus Iceman disappeared off the face of the earth and he was always a regular poster.

RussianM3_dude
December 16th, 2007, 14:10
I guess I shall have to pick up the slack.

Leadfoot
December 16th, 2007, 16:48
I guess I shall have to pick up the slack.

Please do, though I doubt what will be posted will be anything of interest with regards to Audi products.

+44 Dave
December 16th, 2007, 20:03
Have to say i've npticed it being quiet on the Audi front of late to. Then again the run up to christmas i doubt any new models will be testing and everyone will be shutting down for a week.
Hopefully the new year will bring some new news, and a new car for me hopefully. Wont be getting the Porsche before christmas but its not off the table.

And yeh where the hell has Hanns gone?

+44 Dave
December 16th, 2007, 20:04
Please do, though I doubt what will be posted will be anything of interest with regards to Audi products.

Have to say its fun to have M3_dude about though, he knows his stuff even if he has some outlandish and opposing opinions to our own.

Audiphile
December 17th, 2007, 22:42
This may be a bit naive, but is that report that was leaked authentic? And if so, where is the launch of the proclaimed RS6 sedan (saloon)? Everyone is saying 12 months or so. Just curious.

Carl Lassiter
December 18th, 2007, 19:08
This may be a bit naive, but is that report that was leaked authentic? And if so, where is the launch of the proclaimed RS6 sedan (saloon)? Everyone is saying 12 months or so. Just curious.

12 months for the LAUNCH of the sedan? Richard, you're killing me. I was hoping to have the BeastII in my garage this time next year. Black/black with black optics pack- i'm going to scare small children with the thing!

Leadfoot
December 18th, 2007, 20:18
How often do you need to be reminded, the RS6 is currently not going to the States and I have not heard anything different.

I also informed quite a while ago that only if the RS6Avant gets the kind of reviews Audi are hoping for will there be a saloon version at all.

Audiphile
December 18th, 2007, 22:03
You may have not heard anything different, but on this side of the pond, ramblings are quite clear from top dealers (those that have an "in" to AoA, specifically LA dealers) and some in AoA that the RS6 is heading here within 12 months. Not 100%, but close. But, you are correct regarding the Avant. That is the twist - there may never be a sedan if as expected the Avant receives great reviews (what else could it get!) then we will actually see the Avant make its way here instead. Fine with me, I love the Avant. I have always preferred Audi uber Avants. They are amazing!

Maybe we will get it, maybe we won't? Would not be one of Audi's smartest marketing moves. Just look at the presence of the 1-Series Coupe now heading to the States. Audi missed that one with no S3 presence here which on the contrary would have sold well. The current A3 offerings cannot compete with the 1-Series Coupe in terms of performance here in the States. So, let's hope on the high-end side of things Audi doesn't blow it by denying the RS6 to the US. It is all about branding!

Carl Lassiter
December 19th, 2007, 21:01
How often do you need to be reminded, the RS6 is currently not going to the States and I have not heard anything different.

I also informed quite a while ago that only if the RS6Avant gets the kind of reviews Audi are hoping for will there be a saloon version at all.

As Audiphile said, over here we hear different so no need to take such an aggressive tone.

As much as I like the Avant, I do not want to spend $120k on one so I shall pray we get the sedan, as we did with the first generation. S6, M5, G55, CayenneTT and possibly RS5 all stand in wait if the worst comes to the worst but none truly compare to the overall package of the RS6.

Leadfoot
December 19th, 2007, 22:45
Sorry if it sounded aggressive, that was not my intention. All I was trying to say (clearly badly) was that at present their is no certainty that the saloon is even coming so the chance of a saloon going Stateside is even less likely.

Carl Lassiter
December 19th, 2007, 23:03
Sorry if it sounded aggressive, that was not my intention. All I was trying to say (clearly badly) was that at present their is no certainty that the saloon is even coming so the chance of a saloon going Stateside is even less likely.

No problem buddy. However, that is certainly not good news that you bring. Hopefully Audi will make an announcement in the next month or so and I can finally get my plans in order. Have a good christmas.:thumb:

Audiphile
December 20th, 2007, 17:44
No problem buddy. However, that is certainly not good news that you bring. Hopefully Audi will make an announcement in the next month or so and I can finally get my plans in order. Have a good christmas.:thumb:

Same here, no problem Leadie. I hope you are wrong, but we can only hope that AoA does the right thing by its loyal owners. Though, there has been no official corporate discussion of the RS6 Saloon, we have seen the pictures. So, it is out there. As "Carl" states, I would like to know as soon as possible for planning reasons. Merry Christmas and a toast to the New Year:cheers:

Leadfoot
December 20th, 2007, 17:56
Same here, no problem Leadie. I hope you are wrong, but we can only hope that AoA does the right thing by its loyal owners. Though, there has been no official corporate discussion of the RS6 Saloon, we have seen the pictures. So, it is out there. As "Carl" states, I would like to know as soon as possible for planning reasons. Merry Christmas and a toast to the New Year:cheers:

I hope so too, there was really heated talks between Audi and AoA regarding the RS6 though this was quite a few months ago and maybe things are getting sorted but the last time I discussed to with my mate he said things were still the same (no US RS6).

Originally the reason was meant to be Co2 levels but I was told this was a smoke screen and it's real concern was bad customer service on the last RS6 and it's projected RRP.

In an case, Merry Christmas to you all and a Happy New Year. :cheers: