PDA

View Full Version : Airbag Bypass for Recaro's . PLse. HELP!

HeadShot
December 15th, 2007, 17:02
Just picked up my Recaro's / No airbags in the seats so following some advice on AudiWorld was going to bypass the system at the seat plug in by jumping the Yellow air bag plug (blue and white wires) NOT THE BROWN with a 4.7 ohm 1/2 w 5% resistor. I swapped the seatbealt arm and wire complete so that was a non issue.
Plugged in and have an Airbag warning light... will clear the fault codes today and see if it remains.
Will unbolt the remaining seat and use my jumper connector on just the Airbag circuit with the rest of the seat still plugged in to confirm my jumper is good, ie. the resistor value is good.
In the mean time if anyone has done this with the RS6 connectors please, any advice.
Thanks...

(yeah.. i could try and find some replacement bags for the Recaros... but they seem hard to come by??)

HeadShot
December 15th, 2007, 17:26
getting a fault code - side airbag ignitor, upper limit exceded.

Back to the drawing board............

HeadShot
December 16th, 2007, 02:04
O.K .. I'm an idiot/ was using a 4.7Kohm instea:doh:d of the 4.7 ohm resistor. frys came through and all is well.

I'll post some pics tomorrow on critical points incase anyone ever gets in teh same position as me.
\

DuckWingDuck
December 17th, 2007, 06:24
headshot - "outside of LA" as in Los Angeles or Louisiana? If you're local (i.e. around LA), a bunch of us are doing a julian run on 20 Jan 08. Check out the thread (http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13724).

aarong
December 17th, 2007, 23:34
if it is LA and you do make the julian run, I think I'll make a concerted effort just to see the Recaro seats in...been contemplating those as a (very) future upgrade.

DuckWingDuck
December 18th, 2007, 00:32
aarong, come on, you know you want to come!! We can go down together (your area code indicates you're local-ish to me?)

aarong
December 18th, 2007, 02:04
aarong, come on, you know you want to come!! We can go down together (your area code indicates you're local-ish to me?)

my beast is in such bad shape I'm almost ashamed :rs6kiss:
have to take it in this week to get the tranny looked at. if I can get that squared away, I'll definitely make it. I actually live in downtown LA...just kept the area code from many years ago

DuckWingDuck
December 18th, 2007, 03:16
Ah! Well, at one time you were a proud Irvine/Newport person ;D

HeadShot
December 19th, 2007, 00:45
That run sounds Really good... although the seats were only the first in an estim. $30K worth of (wifes words "your out of your Fu@#%en mind) upgrades.It will be nice to show the before and hopefully after in a year or so.
In reference to the seat up grade refer to my new thread, the highs and lows of Recaro seat replacement.
If i miss the run it will be a Satefarm issue.. getting some carpark damage repaired to the front and rear (not my fault honest!!) - the bonus is i get the old bumper to re shape next year.... was thinking something like the pic included. Thoughts??
If in LA.. you may see me around,.. It's at Rusnak Audi TO today/tomorrow 12THEAD. Ventura local

DuckWingDuck
December 19th, 2007, 07:02
Not a bad bumper. Anyway, would be great if you decide to come down on the 20th, once you make up your mind, please let us (Richard or myself) know! The more the merrier. And not to get too off topic, would REALLY dig it if you came because I am totally a sucker for the recaros and am seriously contemplating it :D