PDA

View Full Version : where comes the RS engines from?

tvrfan
December 5th, 2007, 16:26
are the engines from the RS models build by audi or quattro gmbh (RS4 4.2l, RS6 5.0 TT...........)????

iam confused because bmw´s M-GmbH and AMG is building their own engines and i dont know, can quattro gmbh build engines or are these build by audi???

MPT
December 5th, 2007, 18:49
are the engines from the RS models build by audi or quattro gmbh (RS4 4.2l, RS6 5.0 TT...........)????

iam confused because bmw´s M-GmbH and AMG is building their own engines and i dont know, can quattro gmbh build engines or are these build by audi???

The RS 4 engine is made in Györ, hungary. It's then shipped to Ingolstadt to be fittet in a chassis, and then sent to Neckarsulm to Quattro GmbH, to be finished.

Don't know about the RS 6, but i imagine it's nearly the same.

tvrfan
December 5th, 2007, 18:57
so the RS engines are made by audi?

Leadfoot
December 5th, 2007, 19:00
I'm lost as to the relevance of the question? :confused:

Who very cares where the engine is made and whether it's by QuattroGmbH or not. Surely it's the way the thing drives, handles and goes that's important.

Does it make M-Division or AMG any better than RS because they make their own engines. :eye:

I think you need to check out the number of recalls and engine failures that BMW M cars have had before holding any faith in their abilities. ;)

tvrfan
December 5th, 2007, 19:15
its just a question ^^, nobody knows?

MPT
December 5th, 2007, 19:40
its just a question ^^, nobody knows?

Didn't you just see what i wrote ?!?!

EDIT: Ditto to that Leadfoot :hihi:.

artur777
December 5th, 2007, 19:46

Who very cares where the engine is made and whether it's by QuattroGmbH or not. Surely it's the way the thing drives, handles and goes that's important.

Does it make M-Division or AMG any better than RS because they make their own engines. :eye:

I think you need to check out the number of recalls and engine failures that BMW M cars have had before holding any faith in their abilities. ;)

Leadfoot, hi!

Do you have any updates from your sources concerning RS6 Avant / Sedan appearance on the market, prices, specifications and etc??? :addict:

Leadfoot
December 5th, 2007, 21:03
Leadfoot, hi!

Do you have any updates from your sources concerning RS6 Avant / Sedan appearance on the market, prices, specifications and etc??? :addict:

artur,

To the best of my knowledge the release of the RS6 Avant is to be Apr/May'08, UK price £75K approx(nothing official yet) and spec wise, well that's more difficult as each market differs, in the UK we will see 20" alloys, Bose, in fact almost everything will be standard with the possible exceptions being Sat-Nav and ceramics.

The latest on the saloon is when take up reaches 40% the saloon will be put into production, at least that's my take on the info (shot me if I am wrong on this last bit :D ).

tvrfan
December 5th, 2007, 21:11
Didn't you just see what i wrote ?!?!

EDIT: Ditto to that Leadfoot :hihi:.

yes i see, you said the RS4 engine is come from hungary and then shipped to ingolstadt. so is the manufactor in hungary audi or quattro gmbh???

roadrunner
December 5th, 2007, 22:28
yes i see, you said the RS4 engine is come from hungary and then shipped to ingolstadt. so is the manufactor in hungary audi or quattro gmbh???

to make you happy: the power plant in Gyor is an Audi factory, which by the way also produces engines for other VAG group manufacturers.

chewym
December 5th, 2007, 23:34

I don't think there is a difference between the two.

RussianM3_dude
December 6th, 2007, 08:56
That's the cool thing about AMG, one dude assembles your engine. Just like it used to be with Astons.

Leadfoot
December 6th, 2007, 18:24
That's the cool thing about AMG, one dude assembles your engine. Just like it used to be with Astons.

But does that necessarily mean it's any better.:vhmmm:

The only advantage I see is you would have someone to complain to when the thing finally goes pop. :lovl:

RussianM3_dude
December 6th, 2007, 20:27
And since the engine has a name plate, you know exactly who's legs to break.

raulg
December 7th, 2007, 01:39

I would feel really weird about ONE guy assembling my engine/car. I would rather let the robots/machines do their job! I am sure they can handle it better than a human.

RussianM3_dude
December 7th, 2007, 07:25
The guy is only assembling the engine. It's like making LEGOs.

El_cucaracha
December 7th, 2007, 17:36
actually six guys assemble the AMG engine... and the name is of the team chief....

Shatlak
December 16th, 2007, 12:01

Fears tvrfan are clear. We shall tell the engine collected in China, will not inspire how made in Germany

+44 Dave
December 16th, 2007, 19:51
When will tvrfan stop posting irrational forums which contain questions which are answered within seconds but his doubts continue... :brag: